Yahoo is cancelling its message boards.

Yes, it sure might. Depends on how they do the search function in whatever they are looking for. I typed in google "big message board" and got that one website that lists them all but I also found this place a few years ago. It is mainly political, but I am not...however, the other forums are a nice plus, so I stayed. Then kinda had to leave, then came back. I was somewhere else but that didn't work out much to my dismay so....here I am again.

Welcome realinvestment. Hope you find a happy home here.

I've never tried Yahoo boards so have no opinion about them. I did find their mail system seriously lacking and it attracts all manner of spam, so I use it only for fantasy sports teams and such and even then the Yahoo mail defaults to my AOL e-mail. I have a half dozen e-mail accounts and keep going back to AOL e-mail. Reliable, as safe as any e-mail account can be, you can have multiple addresses that don't interfere with each other, there are lots of ways to customize it with various fonts and colors, and inserting photos and attaching attachments is a breeze, and AOL offers unlimited storage of your incoming and outgoing e-mails at no charge and has a reasonably efficient spam blocker.

AOL uses Huffington Post for their default news service, which is a little too liberal for me, and Comcast is almost as bad, so I subscribe to several other online news sources in addition to those two. I figure I get all points of view that way. :)

Comcast aka Xfinity is my home page though.

Welcome realinvestment. Hope you find a happy home here.

I've never tried Yahoo boards so have no opinion about them. I did find their mail system seriously lacking and it attracts all manner of spam, so I use it only for fantasy sports teams and such and even then the Yahoo mail defaults to my AOL e-mail. I have a half dozen e-mail accounts and keep going back to AOL e-mail. Reliable, as safe as any e-mail account can be, you can have multiple addresses that don't interfere with each other, there are lots of ways to customize it with various fonts and colors, and inserting photos and attaching attachments is a breeze, and AOL offers unlimited storage of your incoming and outgoing e-mails at no charge and has a reasonably efficient spam blocker.

AOL uses Huffington Post for their default news service, which is a little too liberal for me, and Comcast is almost as bad, so I subscribe to several other online news sources in addition to those two. I figure I get all points of view that way. :)

Comcast aka Xfinity is my home page though.

You sound just like me...I have a few accounts with aol e-mail as well. Easy, no fuss. I don't use my yahoo account any longer...haven't in well over a year now. Never cared for their message boards...and I feel the same about HuffPo...imo it's one giant liberal mess. lol..weird, I just shared that same thought with a friend a few days ago. ;)

Welcome to you too, WUN.

Thanks, every time I see a picture of a fox I think of the time I went golfing and my golf partner hit the ball off the tee which was much lower than the fairway. I was standing at the crest of the hill to watch his shot and it was perfect, right down the middle. I walked back down and we rode the cart up to the top of the hill and his ball was gone. We looked over to the left and there was a fox scampering away with it's head low like it had something in it's mouth..... We found out later that the local foxes were notorious for pilfering golf balls.

Welcome to you too, WUN.

Thanks, every time I see a picture of a fox I think of the time I went golfing and my golf partner hit the ball off the tee which was much lower than the fairway. I was standing at the crest of the hill to watch his shot and it was perfect, right down the middle. I walked back down and we rode the cart up to the top of the hill and his ball was gone. We looked over to the left and there was a fox scampering away with it's head low like it had something in it's mouth..... We found out later that the local foxes were notorious for pilfering golf balls.

Funny. Do you get a free drop when a fox absconds with your ball?

I told yahoo all i get is a blank white page...and I even sent them a screen shot of it. Shows I have mail until I click on the mailbox..then I see the tabs in the background but it looks like someone laid a white sheet of paper over the top. Can't read anything. Know what they said? Open it with another browser. Um. Duh. I did. It is not my browser. It is their sucky system. I no longer use yahoo now for email. I switched back to AOL.

I use Yahoo for my trash and online registration e-mail accounts, never had any issues reading my mail on FF or Chrome.

Forum List

Back