Xtian vs. Christian

The reason was the Jews took out the vowels in God's name so as to not commit blasphemy because the Bible says:

Exodus 20:7 ¶ Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

In other words, they were trying to find a way out so if they didn't spell God's name, they couldn't be accused of taking the Lord's name in vain. That is why they took the vowels out and spelled YHVH.

Tetragrammaton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chuck, no letters have been removed. YHVH or JHVH is the Hebrew spelling for God. Yahveh is the name of God, transliterated by scholars from the Tetragrammaton, YHVH, and commonly rendered jehovah.

In the Tanakh, YHVH is the personal name of God and his most frequent designation occurring over 6,800 times. This is the Ineffable Name or Unutterable Name of the God of Israel. Because it is composed from the four Hebrew letters Yod, Hey, Vav, and Hey, it is also referred to as the “Tetragrammaton,” which simply means “the four letters.”

The Hebrew Name for God - YHVH
The Sacred Name: Yahveh or Yahweh?

Chatting on the internet is just another form of communication. I do not see why typing out the word God in a chatroom would be considered taking the lord’s name in vain simply because it is written rather than spoken.

Last edited:
True Christians are not bothered by "x" at all.

They understand its use.

Jake,

Maybe you should find another way to be assertive than being condescending and bullying.

It is rude to call people what they don't want to be called.

Chuck

Chuck, I am neither. My comment is calm, assertive, and true.

True Christians have no problem with that term.

But you are using an aggressive tone to bully me into accepting what you want.

I don't.

In the Hebrew Bible the name is written as יהוה (YHWH), as biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only.

They understand its use.

Jake,

Maybe you should find another way to be assertive than being condescending and bullying.

Chuck

You need to take a closer look at who Jake is calling "true Christians", Chuck. That will clarify the matter because truly his idea of "truth" is not truth at all. Not according to Scripture and the bible is quite clear on how to respond to such people. If they preach not the Doctrine of Christ we are to stay away from them. Not allow them into our home and not bid them Gods speed lest we become a partaker in their evil deeds.

It is written:

Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God, whoever continues in the doctrine of Christ has the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

- 2 John 1:8

Most Fundies are NOT true Christians in my opinion.

They are some sort of Judeo-Christian hybrid.

thier GOD is the jealous, vengeful GOD of the Old Testament -- not the god that JC, PRINCE OF PEACE, was speaking about.

Hence their aggressive stances on pretty much everything involving social issues where to them the quality of mercy is way too much of a strain.

Pure opinion on my part of course.

Each person gets to call themselves (and their notions of religion) whatever the hell they want.

Last edited:

They understand its use.

Jake,

Chuck

You need to take a closer look at who Jake is calling "true Christians", Chuck. That will clarify the matter because truly his idea of "truth" is not truth at all. Not according to Scripture and the bible is quite clear on how to respond to such people. If they preach not the Doctrine of Christ we are to stay away from them. Not allow them into our home and not bid them Gods speed lest we become a partaker in their evil deeds.

It is written:

Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God, whoever continues in the doctrine of Christ has the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

Jeri,

I believe that Christians are called to go into all the world and if not, we are basically stuck in a monastery.

I believe 2 John 1:8 is talking about not giving anyone a platform to speak and I believe it is talking about a house church. I use to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses but found that they are not consumers but only salesmen so I usually take the same approach. I'm a salesman. I'm not consumer. It doesn't mean I won't ever talk to them but I find that a lot of times, it is a waste of time. They usually come to my door and one is the strong one and the other is the weak one. I will talk to the weak one.

I have the truth so I'm not really worried about error. I see error all of the time. Someone tried to get me once but God gave me the words ahead of time to say so I put my confidence and trust in the Lord to protect me.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Do you know why this armor is on your front? Because Christians are supposed to be going forward and the Lord is our rear guard:

English Standard Version
Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.

Isaiah 58:8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

I'd like to know what distinguishes a 'fundie Christian' from a 'non-fundie Chrisitian'? A set of beliefs, if so then which ones and how do they differ? A doctrine? What?

People have been wondering why I have such compassion and love for those who do not profess Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives, on this board - even atheists who oppose Christ -people who no doubt have not a problem in the world with seeing a store window advertisement that says XMAS - while I have strongly withstood two on this board along with a third who ignorantly tried to suggest they had more compassion than Jesus Christ does because they extended "grace and mercy" to satan and while God and the Word do not.

There is no mystery to this, people. The Word of God tells us to see no man after the flesh. We are to see people in the spirit. Not the flesh. I look at the people on this board and see them as a finished work in Christ - which they will be in the future - not as they are right now. I see the love in them, the sweetness in them, the beautiful childlikeness in them, I see things that someone who looks upon the flesh cannot see and that is why some here do not understand how Christ could walk in love towards people who were living in blatant sin! ( this was the trouble of the Pharisees who accused Christ of eating and drinking with sinners! )

Yet others Jesus called children of the devil, serpents, a brood of vipers, that their fathers were the very ones who murdered the prophets.

How did Christ know that?

He wasn't looking at them by their flesh, he was looking at them in the spirit.

Get it now?

When the Apostle Paul saw Bar Jesus and knew he was a "Sorcerer" how did Paul know this? He was full of the Holy Ghost! What did he say to Bar Jesus who tried to "bar" Jesus Christ from being preached to the deputy? He told him what he saw in the spirit about the man and here it is: You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery, Will you never stop perverting the ways of the Lord? Now the Hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time you will be unable to see the light of the sun. Immediately mist and darkness came over him, and he groped about, seeking someone to lead him by the hand. When the deputy saw what had happened, he believed for he was amazed at the teaching about the Lord. - Acts 13: 10-11

This is new testament teaching, folks. Not Old Testament. I am sorry if some of you have not heard of it before, if you have never heard it preached from the pulpits of your easy going churches before - but it most certainly happened and it happened while Paul was full of the Holy Ghost. He saw clearly the spirit of the man and did not see him after the flesh. We are to see no man after the flesh!

This is the very thing that kept Jesus Christ from doing miracles in his own home town!

Jesus Christ could not do the miracles he desired to do in his own hometown because they saw Jesus after the flesh and not after the spirit! Watch this!

It is written:

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit. <---------------how did Jesus return to Galilee? IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST! ( Just as Paul did when he called out that Sorcerer Bar Jesus for what he was! )

Let me repeat it for you, people!

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside. He taught in their snyagogues, and everyone praised him. He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went to the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it he found the place where it is written:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to preach the good news to the poor,
He has sent me to proclaim
freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the
blind,
to release the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's
favor.

Then he rolled up the scoll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing. <----------------------------------------NOTE* Pay attention to what Jesus said there!

All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips.

"Isn't that Joseph's son? They asked? <---------------------------NOTE* Pay attention to those words!

Jesus said to them, Surely you will quote the proverb to me: Physician, heal yourself! Do here in your hometown what we have heard you did in Capernaum.

I tell you the truth, he continued, "no prophet is accepted in his home-town. - Luke 4: 14: 23

This is why Jesus could not do the miracles he had come to do in his own hometown, people. Because his own hometown saw him after the flesh and not after the spirit. How do we know this? Listen to what they said!

It is written:

Isn't this Joseph's son?

No. Jesus was not the son of Joseph. Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus. The Holy Spirit rested upon Mary. Jesus bloodtype was the blood type of his Father in heaven. His blood type was not the blood type of Joseph! His Blood was not the blood of a man! His Blood was perfect Blood --> the Blood type of his father! His father was not Joseph yet his earthy appointed father was Joseph and his earthly appointed mother was Mary! Mary was a vessel! Not the "creator of Jesus"... Jesus was before Mary was!

It is written:

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him ( Jesus Christ ) all things were made and without Him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life and and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not understood it. - John 1 : 1- 5

Now let us bring this together into one answer for those alleged "believers" who find no offense in the term "Xian" - the people of the Lord's own hometown were still in darkness and and didn't perceive the light that was before them. Jesus Christ is the light of the World, people. They judged Jesus after the flesh and not after the spirit. That is why Jesus could do little in his own home - town.

To the one who sees things after the spirit - the term Xian is blasphemous against Christ - to the one who sees men after their flesh - which is all one can do without the indwelling baptism of the Holy Ghost - they see only an X. So they are innocent because if they do not know it is a sin - then Jesus says it shall not be counted against them. Herein lies the truth.

The believer in Jesus Christ has not been called to judge the world and the things the world does. Let the hypocrites of the world judge the world for avatars and such nonsense but let the believers in Jesus Christ judge those we have been commanded to judge and those are the ones who are inside the church and doing great harm to the church.

The Apostle Paul was quite clear we are not to judge those outside the church but those inside the church. ( See 1 Corinthians 5: 1 - 12 )

How did Paul judge this christian who was sleeping with his fathers wife and destroying the church from within? He judged it in the spirit without being physically present. Don't believe it? Look at this!

It is written:

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans. A man has his father's wife. And you are proud! Shouldn't you have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? Even though I am not physically present I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and I am with you in spirit, and the power of the our Lord Jesus Christ is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved in the day of the Lord. 1 Corinthians 5: 1 - 5

Now read this:

It is written:

What business is it of mine to judge those outside of the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. Expel the wicked man from among you!! - 1 Corinthians 5: 12

To hear some tell it here, Paul would be accused of not walking in love like my brother Chuck was the other day!! lol...... Oh the irony of it all!

Listen, if Satan can speak to his own workers do you not believe the Spirit of God can speak to the Lords Laborers? Of course he can! And he has! Listen 1 confirmed Sorcerer who was sent to destroy the work of the Lord on this board and One confirmed Witch ( who is a woman not a man but I didn't have the liberty to speak that until now ) who was sent inside the church to destroy it from within and over here from without - is not a majority! There are over a thousand here and perhaps many more - whereas the Spirit of the Lord has only identified two as sent by Satan to destroy the work of the Lord here so that is hardly a problem! In fact, in the scope of things I would say it is no more than a gnat at a picnic and one mighty wind shall blow it away from the feast set before us. So why worry? Do not worry. Be happy and rejoice! This is the day the Lord has made and we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

Jeri, you are not Christ's authority and neither is Chuck.

The scriptures are open to all to read and ponder.

Go in peace with Christ.

They understand its use.

Jake,

Chuck

It is written:

Evangelical and Fundamentalist Christians are indeed Christians.

They do preach and teach heresy (error); however, most do not preach apostasy, unlike the Gnostics who are true heretics and apostates.

Jake,

Chuck

It is written:

Jeri,

I believe that Christians are called to go into all the world and if not, we are basically stuck in a monastery.

I believe 2 John 1:8 is talking about not giving anyone a platform to speak and I believe it is talking about a house church. I use to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses but found that they are not consumers but only salesmen so I usually take the same approach. I'm a salesman. I'm not consumer. It doesn't mean I won't ever talk to them but I find that a lot of times, it is a waste of time. They usually come to my door and one is the strong one and the other is the weak one. I will talk to the weak one.

I have the truth so I'm not really worried about error. I see error all of the time. Someone tried to get me once but God gave me the words ahead of time to say so I put my confidence and trust in the Lord to protect me.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Do you know why this armor is on your front? Because Christians are supposed to be going forward and the Lord is our rear guard:

English Standard Version
Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.

Isaiah 58:8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

I agree with you, Brother. I am not troubled by my brothers and sisters who do not agree on a certain teaching such as the rapture - it does not trouble me as I know they are walking in the light they have at the time. I do not mind if one brother does not eat meat and another brother quits eating meat in order to not offend the weaker brother.. these things do not bother me, Chuck. I believe in all the time I have been a born again Christian I have only seen one Jew who was not a Jew but of the synagogue of satan - a Sorcerer sent by Satan to destroy the Lords work and a few times I have seen witches sent in who pretended to be Christians and were not and they also were quite rare in the scope of "the error" warning..... although in the flesh I have encountered more Satanists inside the churches as Pastors, etc. inside the church than ever before and the same is true of witches inside the churches leading prayer groups, bible studies, many various positions of leadership inside the churches. The reason the people inside the church have not known this is because they do not heed the Lords warning to know no man (or woman) after the flesh. ( that is how they were deceived ) Very sad.

Last edited:
People have been wondering why I have such compassion and love for those who do not profess Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives, on this board - even atheists who oppose Christ -people who no doubt have not a problem in the world with seeing a store window advertisement that says XMAS - while I have strongly withstood two on this board along with a third who ignorantly tried to suggest they had more compassion than Jesus Christ does because they extended "grace and mercy" to satan while God and the Word do not.

There is no mystery to this, people. The Word of God tells us to see no man after the flesh. We are to see people in the spirit. Not the flesh. I look at the people on this board and see them as a finished work in Christ - which they will be in the future - not as they are right now. I see the love in them, the sweetness in them, the beautiful childlikeness in them, I see things that someone who looks upon the flesh cannot see and that is why some here do not understand how Christ could walk in love towards people who were living in blatant sin! ( this was the trouble of the Pharisees who accused Christ of eating and drinking with sinners! )

Yet others Jesus called children of the devil, serpents, a brood of vipers, that their fathers were the very ones who murdered the prophets.

How did Christ know that?

He wasn't looking at them by their flesh, he was looking at them in the spirit.

Get it now?

When the Apostle Paul saw Bar Jesus and knew he was a "Sorcerer" how did Paul know this? He was full of the Holy Ghost! What did he say to Bar Jesus who tried to "bar" Jesus Christ from being preached to the deputy? He told him what he saw in the spirit about the man and here it is: You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery, Will you never stop perverting the ways of the Lord? Now the Hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time you will be unable to see the light of the sun. Immediately mist and darkness came over him, and he groped about, seeking someone to lead him by the hand. When the deputy saw what had happened, he believed for he was amazed at the teaching about the Lord. - Acts 13: 10-11

This is new testament teaching, folks. Not Old Testament. I am sorry if some of you have not heard of it before, if you have never heard it preached from the pulpits of your easy going churches before - but it most certainly happened and it happened while Paul was full of the Holy Ghost. He saw clearly the spirit of the man and did not see him after the flesh. We are to see no man after the flesh!

This is the very thing that kept Jesus Christ from doing miracles in his own home town!

Jesus Christ could not do the miracles he desired to do in his own hometown because they saw Jesus after the flesh and not after the spirit! Watch this!

It is written:

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit. <---------------how did Jesus return to Galilee? IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST! ( Just as Paul did when he called out that Sorcerer Bar Jesus for what he was! )

Let me repeat it for you, people!

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside. He taught in their snyagogues, and everyone praised him. He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went to the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it he found the place where it is written:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to preach the good news to the poor,
He has sent me to proclaim
freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the
blind,
to release the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's
favor.

Then he rolled up the scoll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing. <----------------------------------------NOTE* Pay attention to what Jesus said there!

All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips.

"Isn't that Joseph's son? They asked? <---------------------------NOTE* Pay attention to those words!

Jesus said to them, Surely you will quote the proverb to me: Physician, heal yourself! Do here in your hometown what we have heard you did in Capernaum.

I tell you the truth, he continued, "no prophet is accepted in his home-town. - Luke 4: 14: 23

This is why Jesus could not do the miracles he had come to do in his own hometown, people. Because his own hometown saw him after the flesh and not after the spirit. How do we know this? Listen to what they said!

It is written:

Isn't this Joseph's son?

No. Jesus was not the son of Joseph. Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus. The Holy Spirit rested upon Mary. Jesus bloodtype was the blood type of his Father in heaven. His blood type was not the blood type of Joseph! His Blood was not the blood of a man! His Blood was perfect Blood --> the Blood type of his father! His father was not Joseph yet his earthy appointed father was Joseph and his earthly appointed mother was Mary! Mary was a vessel! Not the "creator of Jesus"... Jesus was before Mary was!

It is written:

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him ( Jesus Christ ) all things were made and without Him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life and and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not understood it. - John 1 : 1- 5

Now let us bring this together into one answer for those alleged "believers" who find no offense in the term "Xian" - the people of the Lord's own hometown were still in darkness and and didn't perceive the light that was before them. Jesus Christ is the light of the World, people. They judged Jesus after the flesh and not after the spirit. That is why Jesus could do little in his own home - town.

To the one who sees things after the spirit - the term Xian is blasphemous against Christ - to the one who sees men after their flesh - which is all one can do without the indwelling baptism of the Holy Ghost - they see only an X. So they are innocent because if they do not know it is a sin - then Jesus says it shall not be counted against them. Herein lies the truth.

The believer in Jesus Christ has not been called to judge the world and the things the world does. Let the hypocrites of the world judge the world for avatars and such nonsense but let the believers in Jesus Christ judge those we have been commanded to judge and those are the ones who are inside the church and doing great harm to the church.

The Apostle Paul was quite clear we are not to judge those outside the church but those inside the church. ( See 1 Corinthians 5: 1 - 12 )

How did Paul judge this christian who was sleeping with his fathers wife and destroying the church from within? He judged it in the spirit without being physically present. Don't believe it? Look at this!

It is written:

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans. A man has his father's wife. And you are proud! Shouldn't you have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? Even though I am not physically present I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and I am with you in spirit, and the power of the our Lord Jesus Christ is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved in the day of the Lord. 1 Corinthians 5: 1 - 5

Now read this:

It is written:

What business is it of mine to judge those outside of the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. Expel the wicked man from among you!! - 1 Corinthians 5: 12

To hear some tell it here, Paul would be accused of not walking in love like my brother Chuck was the other day!! lol...... Oh the irony of it all!

Listen, if Satan can speak to his own workers do you not believe the Spirit of God can speak to the Lords Laborers? Of course he can! And he has! Listen 1 confirmed Sorcerer who was sent to destroy the work of the Lord on this board and One confirmed Witch ( who is a woman not a man but I didn't have the liberty to speak that until now ) who was sent inside the church to destroy it from within and over here from without - is not a majority! There are over a thousand here and perhaps many more - whereas the Spirit of the Lord has only identified two as sent by Satan to destroy the work of the Lord here so that is hardly a problem! In fact, in the scope of things I would say it is no more than a gnat at a picnic and one mighty wind shall blow it away from the feast set before us. So why worry? Do not worry. Be happy and rejoice! This is the day the Lord has made and we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

Starkey, if you will read this in its entirety you will see I am not judging you. I am merely pointing out the truth that you do not know the truth therefore you cannot discern the counterfeit when it comes your way. The Lord loves you and I'm praying for you that you will know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free.

Last edited:
Jeri, you walk in the light you have, and you do judge (assess, if you like) by that light. You have only a portion of the light. You will gain more in time.

Go in peace.

Go in peace with Christ.

Jake, Lets get together and play a board game. I challenge you to a game of Bible Baffle. See if you can win, Jake.

Not scared are you?

Come on Jake, lets play game and see if you can beat me.

Chuck

Jeri, you walk in the light you have, and you do judge (assess, if you like) by that light. You have only a portion of the light. You will gain more in time.

Go in peace.

I do not judge those in the world or the backsliders ( outside the church ), Starkey. That is done by others who judge women by their Avatars. Ahem... :eusa_angel:

Which brings me to this question. How can you know what is in their hearts and who they are by their Avatars? If that isn't being judgmental I do not know what is! God does not judge someone by their clothing or by their Avatar, or by their appearance or by an outer thing! God looks upon the heart! I will be delighted when you and your friend Alfalfa figure out what that means!!! God loves you, God loves Alfalfa but your hypocrisy is astonishing! Truly! I say that in love! Have a look in the mirror, friend!

Last edited:

Go in peace with Christ.

Jake, Lets get together and play a board game. I challenge you to a game of Bible Baffle. See if you can win, Jake.

Not scared are you?

Chuck

Chuck and Jeri, this is not about games. It is about salvation. Tend to yours, please, before counseling others.

Jeri, you may call me 'Jake'.

Please do not become irksome. You nothing about hearts and souls as an authority of Christ.

My hypocrisy as you call it is merely counseling to tend to your affairs first before falsely counseling others.

Go in peace with Christ.

Not scared are you?

Chuck

Chuck and Jeri, this is not about games. It is about salvation. Tend to yours, please, before counseling others.

What Church is going to give you references, Jake?
What is your Christian resume Jake?
What have you ever written, Jake?
What Christian debates have you ever won, Jake?

You haven't given me the gospel, Jake.

And this is why I generally avoid the Religion forum...

All I intended was to provide a little background, a little history, on the use of the "X" in place of "Christ" and we wind up with a pissing contest...

Probably should have started this thread in the History forum...

Forum List

Back