X-Men The Last Stand

Did you like the first 2? Cause word around the comic book geek campfire is that Brett Ratner completely ruined the series, that the first two were amazing and this one was total crap. True?

Dan said:
Did you like the first 2? Cause word around the comic book geek campfire is that Brett Ratner completely ruined the series, that the first two were amazing and this one was total crap. True?
Not entirely. The first two had some major flaws but not as bad as 3.
It shouldn't even get the honor of being an X-Men movie.

You know what really grinds my gears about the whole thing?
Stan Lee threw a HUGE fit about the cartoon on Fox yet he allows the big
movie makers (with big money) to shit on his story line.
Same goes to Spider-Man, that story line is jacked up too.
The only Comic book movie I give respect to for staying loyal to the fans
would be Sin City.

Ahhhh Shit Dan, you got me on a rant.

I've argued this subject many times over with some co-workers.
Why, why, why can't they stick to the true story???
I know the majority of public doesn't care but if that's true they
could make the story about ANYTHING and they'd be happy.
Why not do justice for everyone? X3 has shown me that you can shit
in a bag and put the Marvel title on it AND PEOPLE WILL PAY MONEY TO SEE
IT. Play your cards right Stan Lee, give yourself more options for more movies.
Be loyal to all the people who made you rich in the first place.
Ahhhhh ijvofvqbflihbflqiehgfpqfjbefkuhfqhefvbibiwefbhi
:blowup:

Spoiler alert:

Why the shit is Juggernaut affected by Leech's power?
He's not a Frickin mutant!!!! He gets his power from a gem.
and did he just FORGET that he's Xavier's step brother???
Where the fuck is Lockheed??? (that's shadowcat's pet dragon)
Why the hell doesn't Rogue ever remember being adopted by Mystique,
or being part of the Brotherhood of evil mutants? (which existed LONG before the timeline in this movie.) Why is Jean Grey the Phoenix? It should be an
entity that assumes the identity of Jean Grey, not her. why the hell don't they show anything about space? Half of this crap originated from some story
line which involves space. Scott Summers isn't dead or else we'll never get
Cable. Sabertooth isn't dead, mystique certainly didn't loose her powers.
Lady deathstrike shouldn't be dead, Beast JUST NOW shows up and he already has fur which never happened in the books. He fought as a human
with the X-men for a while. Nightcrawler disapeared, Xavier's form should have never disapeared, Jubilee shouldn't have been in the first movie, but
Colosus should have, Iceman was an original X-Men, not a meer student.

I could go on for days....

Joker, you're cracking me up. I never knew you were this much of a comic fan.

I'm sure you probably saw where I mentioned it, but there was an interview with Brett Ratner (who directed X3), and he basically said that while Bryan Singer (director of 1 and 2) was a huge fan and tried to stick to much of the storyline of the comics, he (Ratner) basically just skimmed through and grabbed all the stuff he though looked cool.

I think the reason they never make much effort to stick too closely to the comic is that the structure of a film is simply different than that of a comic book, or series of comic books. I have no clue how long the average comic storyline will last (it's been years since I've read one), but most movies, or pretty much all Hollywood movies, stick very closely to a 3-act formula that's basically:

1) situation is introduced
2) conflict is introduced
3) conflict is resolved

As someone who's read a lot about screenwriting, I've read a lot of stuff about how most studios actually make their writers adhere very, very closely to this formula, to the point that each script must be 90 pages (1 page = one minute of screentime) and the second act must clearly start on page thirty, third must clearly start on pg sixty. It's just as mass-produced as any fast food. And it sucks that so many potentially great stories get screwed over by this formula.

You shouldn't go into it expecting to hate it. Give it a chance. I actually think Spider-Man 2 was the best superhero movie I've ever seen.

I thought this movie blew hard. Superman was much better and low and behold, it was directed by the guy who directed the first two X-Men movies. Whoever got handed the X-Men torch for the third movie screwed the pooch IMO.

Dan said:
You shouldn't go into it expecting to hate it. Give it a chance. I actually think Spider-Man 2 was the best superhero movie I've ever seen.
Even Sin City???
I only expect the worst because I've been reading up on the script a bit.
I already know it's not going to follow the comics.

Forum List

Back