X-Men The Last Stand

shepherdboy

Jan 26, 2006
The occupied zone(CA.)
Awesome movie! Its PG-13 so the little one's might want to sit this one out. The movie stays true to the characters. Comic book reader will really be able to understand the character motives and choices but its not a hard plot to follow so fear not if you are new to the story line. Its a good start for the summer movies and this one has it all. Action, drama, thrills and chills and some love interest its all there. So get there earlier because there is gonna be lines to see this one and enjoy the movie with friends or loved ones. Make absolutely sure you stay for the end credits because there is some bonus footage right after. I give it 4**** out of 5. Enjoy :thup:

I also enjoyed to watch this movie, it was great.

One question : in the trailer, and during the promotion of the movie, Angel was showed a lot. But he appears only a few minutes, and his role is small (except the fact that he decides his father to find the "vaccination"). i was quite disappointed for this.
But the movie is great, so, watch it ; )

Didn't like it as much as the first two. I read the comics back in the seventies and eighties and the movies tried to compress em too much imo.

I only have one thing to say about that movie...

I'm the Juggernaut bitch!

juggernaut08.gif

pegwinn said:
Didn't like it as much as the first two. I read the comics back in the seventies and eighties and the movies tried to compress em too much imo.

Yea there is always gonna be some changes to the characters when it comes to a movie format. But all in all the writing and editing team did a good job taking what they could from the characters and making it a entertaining movie. From what I heard this will be the last X-Men movie. So they had to bring some type of close-sure to the series. I heard that Huge will be back to play Wolverine in a character spin off project. So we will have to see if any X-Men will appear in those movies.

This one had some inconsistencies from the 2nd which is by far the best one of the 3. Storm IMO turned out to be the dominate character even over Wolverine. I certainly was not happy with the "body count" on one side. Of course, the 30 second scene at the very end of the credits could open things up for a fourth.

From what I heard this will be the last X-Men movie. So they had to bring so type of close-sure to the series.

Which they didn't do.

Magneto is getting his powers back and Prof. X isn't dead.

Those two things at the end kind of ruined the feel of the movie for me. I went in knowing they were going to kill off a lot of characters, but I decided that would be ok since this was supposidly the last movie and they didn't want to have an open-ended ending. So much for that...

But I suppose killing people off is sort of a necessary evil if you want to grow existing characters and introduce new ones given how big the X-Men universe is.

P.S. Juggernaut should've been bigger.

P.P.S. Juggernaut isn't a mutant, he gets his powers from a magical red stone. :funnyface

Redhots said:
Which they didn't do.

Magneto is getting his powers back and Prof. X isn't dead.

Saw the chess piece so got the magneto reference. But where did you get the prof didn't die.........?

I haven't seen this (I haven't seen the first two!), but what a lot of people are saying is this one is inferior because of the change of directors. Bryan Singer directed the first two, which were, I've been told many times, two of the best superhero movies ever. Alas, he left to do the new Superman movie. So instead they got Brett Ratner, known big stupid action movies that make money (Into the Sunset, Rush Hour). So, a lot of people have been saying that this one's not as good because he can't really handle three dimensional characters too well, but the action will be better. True?

PS: I read a quote from Brett Ratner that went something to this effect: "[Bryan Singer] was a huge fan of the comics, and he went through and incorporated huge parts of the story. My approach was to scan through the books and just pick out stuff that looked cool." I really hate his personality, but Rush Hour did make me laugh.

I think a lot could have to do with the director change - this one had that "rushed" feel to it. It seemed like they were cutting corners to get to the end.

I didn't like the first two at all...but I'll see the third just see Ratner's take(although Dan's comments about "picking stuff that looked cool" doesn't full me with hope). As for Professor X dying, one rule of comic books - nobody ever stays dead (except Bucky, but even then he came back in the latest Wolverine arc)....

BATMAN said:
I think a lot could have to do with the director change - this one had that "rushed" feel to it. It seemed like they were cutting corners to get to the end.

Yeah. Juggernaut is just a big guy who runs through walls, Angel is a guy with wings that flys around, Rogue is still a helpless little girl, Jubilee is still just a face that pops up for a few seconds, Nightcrawler and Sabertooth are MIA, and a bunch of nameless knock-off mutants; spikey guy, female Avalanche, female quicksilver that senses mutants, clone guy... and on it goes.

Also apparently Psylocke was in this movie... shes listed in the cast bio. I guess she was the evil mutant chick with purple hair that doesn't do anything except get killed towards the end... I never reconigzed her for Psylocke while I watched the movie though (did she even have dialogue in the movie?).

By the way I've also found out X-Men 4 & 5 are already in the works it seems... since Vinnie Jones (the guy who plays Juggernaut) has publicly said he has signed on for them and looks forward to acting in them.

pegwinn said:
Obviously I was on my way out as the credits were rollling. So, Give already.
Alright, SPOILER WARNING:

Stop Reading if you don't want to know!

LAST CHANCE!!!

Okay, here it is:
A body you see in a hospital bed earlier in the movie that has "no mind" -
Professor X starts speaking to the Dr. through it.

Shoulda known. Nobody really dies in Comic Books. When they absurdly old, we move them to an alternate universe. When they "die" they come back to life thanks to a split second miracle.

The above also applies to Star Trek.

pegwinn said:
Shoulda known. Nobody really dies in Comic Books. When they absurdly old, we move them to an alternate universe. When they "die" they come back to life thanks to a split second miracle.

The above also applies to Star Trek.

Same applies to Superman.

Note: I am an old school comic fan so my review will hold the movie to
the storyline from the original comic books.

This movie was filth!!!
I'm sure I've cheated myself on buying thousands of dollars worth of X-Men
comics just to learn that they were wrong.(sarcasm)
I would have enjoyed the movie had I been retarded to the comic books
that they "based the story on". I was supremely dissapointed with this movie.
I will never pay to see an X-Men movie on the big screen again.
Shame on you Stan Lee!!!:2guns:

Forum List

Back