WTF Is Wrong With These Kids?

fuzzykitten99 said:
without getting into a spanking vs no spanking argument...there are ways to discipline a child without hitting them. i was never spanked, and neither were my 5 other siblings. slaps on the hand (light) were one thing (no touching stuff in stores, other people's houses, etc.) but we were never hit. all of us turned out fine so far. My youngest sibling is 6, so we have yet to see, but she is well behaved anyhow.

teach a child manners from the start, correct them if they make a mistake, show them how to learn from it, then tell them the consequences if they make the same one. Teach them the basic morals that stealing is wrong, and committing crimes will get you punished (not really anymore these days, but they don't know that yet).

"Spare the rod, spoil the child". That's just my opinion.

I got my ass tanned when I was a kid. As I look back on it, I realize every time, I had it coming. And I can assure you, it DID make a difference as to what I DID. I knew there'd be an ass whipping if I got caught doing shit I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO DO. "Consequences"... that's what kids live without, and that's why there's so many arrogant, mouthy, disrespectful, LAWBREAKING kids out there today. They have NEVER SUFFERED CONSEQUENCES.

Forum List

Back