‘WTF?’ Guardian journo says Mont. House candidate Greg Gianforte ‘just body slammed’ him

Wow, that's intense. The Republican was very pro this bill. But then he was questioned, in a polite manner, about the huge number of Americans Republicans are desperately trying to f*ck over and he snapped.
I wonder if Trump will pay for the candidate's legal fees. Remember, Trump promoted violence.

Snowflake "reporter" needs to learn his place. He was told TWICE someone else would talk to him about.Stop being such a disrespectful asshole.I love it.

Exactly what your fascist heroes said.

The job of journalists is to get the info we need. NOT to get the info that some politician wants us to know.

You RWNJs are so ready to give away our rights and freedoms but really, you need to be careful what you wish for.

The disrespectful snowflake was told TWICE to talk to the person with the information. He should learn to listen next time. "journalists" think they can do whatever they want just because they claim to be media.

Is TWICE the threshold for which assault is authorized?

Legally speaking, simple assault is a tricky business. It's a misdemeanour and not vigorously prosecuted. That opens up the mitigating circumstances of trespassing on the part of the reporter.

In some jurisdictions reasonable force can be used to eject a trespasser to prevent an incident or disturbance.

The allegations of the 'reporter' opens up a legal can of worms.

Apparently there were three other people in the room.

The can of worms was opened at the same time as the can of whoop-ass.

Police investigate reporter's allegations of assault by Montana GOP candidate

May 24 (UPI) -- A reporter said he was allegedly "body slammed" Wednesday by Greg Gianforte, the Republican candidate in Thursday's special election for Montana's open U.S. House seat, prompting a police investigation.

Ben Jacobs, a political reporter for the British newspaper The Guardian, tweeted about the encounter, which occurred at an event in Bozeman.

"Greg Gianforte just body slammed me and broke my glasses," he said. "There was a local TV crew there when Gianforte body slammed me."

Fox News reporter Alicia Alcuna, field producer Faith Mangan and photographer Keith Railey said they witnessed the incident. "To be clear," Acuna wrote, "at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte.
"

Police investigate reporter's allegations of assault by Montana GOP candidate

What is the difference between the anti-fa and this GOP candidate? Or the people on this board that support outright physical assault on a reporter?

I've read two pages and noticed that nobody posted the other side of the story.

Immediately....the jerk-off from the Guardian, who walked into room he was not invited into......tells his story and you dorks immediately call it true.

What does the other side say ?
Here is what the witnesses from Fox, who were setting up their equipment, said:

"At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, "I'm sick and tired of this!"
Jacobs scrambled to his knees and said something about his glasses being broken. He asked Faith, Keith and myself for our names. In shock, we did not answer. Jacobs then said he wanted the police called and went to leave. Gianforte looked at the three of us and repeatedly apologized. At that point, I told him and Scanlon, who was now present, that we needed a moment. The men then left.
To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving state"

Apparently the Fox News reporters in the room backed up the victim. Also, Gianforte reportedly has a history of being volatile and having a short fuse.

Gianforte was reportedly set to be interviewed by Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna when Jacobs interrupted. In a written account of what she witnessed, Acuna said Gianforte manhandled Jacobs, even though Jacobs did not “show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte.”

“At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him,” Acuna wrote. She said the TV crew “watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the man, as he moved on top the reporter and began yelling something to the effect of ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’”

Montana Is About To Send Trump -- And Democrats -- A Big Message

Now HE is a textbook example of someone not suited to being a public servant. Prosecute his ass for assault and battery and toss him in jail for a year. That is about as egregious as you can get.
He is suited to serve as this system is a system of violent coercion anyway. When it manifests itself in public settings...people need to get used to it. It's what they're asking for and they need to see it for themselves.

Maybe they'll be more cautious about their leftist totalitarianism if they know there are consequences.

Breaking Update

[Jonathan Martin‏-NYT-

Just checked in w @Bencjacobs, who is getting an x-ray (!). his parting words: "wait for my piece to go up, don't scoop me on this".]

Does this sound like a person who is proud of what happened and he is telling a fellow journalist to not scoop his MADE NEWS. If I didn't know better I would say it looks like Ben planned this so called assault. This was posted on Jonathon's twitter page several hours ago.

Now HE is a textbook example of someone not suited to being a public servant. Prosecute his ass for assault and battery and toss him in jail for a year. That is about as egregious as you can get.
He is suited to serve as this system is a system of violent coercion anyway. When it manifests itself in public settings...people need to get used to it. It's what they're asking for and they need to see it for themselves.

Maybe they'll be more cautious about their leftist totalitarianism if they know there are consequences.

Wrong. Had the journo assaulted him in any manner I would agree with you. He didn't, thus this is a simple case of a asshole losing control of himself and initiating an unprovoked attack.

Wrong. Had the journo assaulted him in any manner I would agree with you. He didn't, thus this is a simple case of a asshole losing control of himself and initiating an unprovoked attack.
We don't know what happened. I doubt it was unprovoked.

We don't know what happened. I doubt it was unprovoked.

I am basing my judgement on the audio that was provided. I hear no insult, or sounds that indicate a attack. I hear a politician getting frustrated and losing control of himself.

Forum List

Back