Writers

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Yeah, I junked my first attempt because I want to go in another direction. Unfortunately, that's as far as I got. Anybody else in my shoes?

mybook.jpg

I was THE Dad everyone of my kids friends wanted to hear stories from.
I had my own set of characters who had various adventures. Kids who spent the night always wanted to have me tell them stories.
My daughter (now 21)...keeps after me to write the stories down....I don't think they were that good...I don't know.

• Banned
I had my own set of characters who had various adventures. Kids who spent the night always wanted to have me tell them stories.
My daughter (now 21)...keeps after me to write the stories down....I don't think they were that good...I don't know.

Oh, do it. Truly. Give it to her in a book of your own making, if nothing else. That's the kind of gift nobody ever forgets.

Oh, do it. Truly. Give it to her in a book of your own making, if nothing else. That's the kind of gift nobody ever forgets.

Well...you are right there...I never thought to just make one for her.
...damn....what would us guys do without women thinking of things like this?

• Banned

Well...you are right there...I never thought to just make one for her.
...damn....what would us guys do without women thinking of things like this?

It's generational. :) I WISH I had something like that from my dad. And hopefully, there will be a next gen unseemly or two, and after awhile people who never knew their great-grand will have something wonderful to remember you by.

I did playwrites, skits and films years ago. It was my fav hobby as a kid and I did it through college.
I just got burned out trying to feed the hiddious bitch goddess that is entertainment.

I wrote a "screenplay" and presented it to a group of other writers and producers and their critique felt a little like Golgotha

I might rewrite it one day.

I did playwrites, skits and films years ago. It was my fav hobby as a kid and I did it through college.
I just got burned out trying to feed the hiddious bitch goddess that is entertainment.

Ooh! Did you see this? It's a different kind of side step, but I loved the little bit of truth at the end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGAQrEUaeU]A Conversation With My 12 Year Old Self: 20th Anniversary Edition - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, I junked my first attempt because I want to go in another direction. Unfortunately, that's as far as I got. Anybody else in my shoes?

You're writing 'Faster than the Speed of Love,' aren't you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9rv1oJ4Res]Stewie: That Novel? - YouTube[/ame]

mybook.jpg

BD I am so deep in your shoes I can't see daylight. I have three different manuscripts gathering dust in different rooms on different surfaces. My so called Opus (capital letters there, right?) is before me with a great start a great and spectacular ending but no aceptable middle.

Now. There are dozens of short stories lying around, some good, some that have the look only a mother could love.

What can I say?
The only way to learn how to write is . . .well. . is to write.

Keep hard at it, treat it like an exercise you must do once a day and never stop.

Then someday you too can be the proud owner of stacks of fledglings, one or two of which may turn out to be swans.

Ya never know.

mybook.jpg

BD I am so deep in your shoes I can't see daylight. I have three different manuscripts gathering dust in different rooms on different surfaces. My so called Opus (capital letters there, right?) is before me with a great start a great and spectacular ending but no aceptable middle.

Now. There are dozens of short stories lying around, some good, some that have the look only a mother could love.

What can I say?

Keep hard at it, treat it like an exercise you must do once a day and never stop.

Then someday you too can be the proud owner of stacks of fledglings, one or two of which may turn out to be swans.

Ya never know.

Is that a mirror I see in your hand. ;)

My nephew is the family author (at this point!) Sooo ..... I think part of my problem is - he's brilliant. I couldn't begin to complete. Therefore, why bother.

I just need to get over it, and start again.

Take heart. Even with Mario Puzo and Francis Ford Coppola writing it, The Godfather (the first one) went through over 30 major rewrites.

mybook.jpg

What can I say?

Ya never know.

Is that a mirror I see in your hand. ;)

My nephew is the family author (at this point!) Sooo ..... I think part of my problem is - he's brilliant. I couldn't begin to complete. Therefore, why bother.

I just need to get over it, and start again.

Is your writing about competition?

Unless you are planning to publish the only person you have to please is yourself.

Forum List

Back