Wow Santorum draws large crowds in NH

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tinydancer, Jan 6, 2012.

1. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    Now the lead of the story are the students jeering, because most people have attention span of a nematode and only read the headline. And the purpose of course is to show negativity towards the candidate.

BUT further down in the NYT piece, one finds this.:D

As he shook hands in a crowd that would have been unimaginable just weeks ago, Mr. Santorum was repeatedly approached for his autograph by eager residents, most of whom said they had first heard of the former Pennsylvania senator in the last several days.

“You are the first political candidate I’ve ever come out to meet in my entire life,” Anne Grant said to Mr. Santorum at the Tilt’n Diner here. “I listened to your speech in Iowa the other night and that’s exactly what I wanted to hear for so many years. God bless you.”

Gee. I think Santorum is being very well received in New Hampshire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/us/politics/students-jeer-santorum-on-new-hampshire-blitz.html

2. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Becuase of his demeanor....his "boyish" looks....his "freshness" in his approach...he may very well ride a similar wave that Obama rode.....I can almost see him becoming a fad...sort of like Obama did.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,159
    Sounds like he is going to do better in NH then I was expecting. That's good to me. Ive supported him as a Senator and if he is the nominee I have no problem supporting him for President.

4. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,679
    Two weeks ago he was a nothing.

What a difference two weeks and loads of work on his part can make.

Not sure if he's fad worthy but you never know.

5. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,573
    It is probably because they have "just heard of" Santorum that these people like him. Once they really get to know the former Senator from Pennsylvania, they will drop him like a hot rock.

Santorum is just another in a long string of anybody-but-Romneys who have been lifted up, looked over, found wanting, and dropped.

They might believe the pathologically lying Gingrich, they may love the bedroom peeper Santorum, they might have an affair with serial predator Cain, and they might smoke a doobie with the Libertarian Paul. But in the end they will all dutifully line up at the polls like good boys and girls and vote the way the machine tells them to for pollbot Romney.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  6. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    One could say the same thing about Obama. It was probably because they had 'just heard of' Obama that people liked him. Now that they have really gotten to know the former community organizer from Hawaii, they will drop him like a hot rock.

7. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    for someone who is quite obviously NEVER going to vote GOP....you claim to know so much about the GOP candidates....and, not suprisingly....not pone good thing to say about any of them.

Which means you are nothing but a fraud.

8. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,573
    Let's hope so.

Now if only there was a suitable Republican to replace him, life would be good.

9. Zoom

Zoom BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +276
    I wonder if these people are the same ones who thought Trump would be a good president. He had "fresh" idea's as well.

Damn the right are idiots. They really are. Trump, Palin, Cain, Newt and now this guy? Personally I am sorry the clown car lost Bachmann.

10. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    I love this part of the article.

"For most of last year, Mr. Santorum gamely braved the indignity of almost no attention from the news media as he campaigned in Iowa and New Hampshire. Now, with more than two dozen cameras and scores of reporters at each of his events, Mr. Santorum pleaded with voters not to listen to conventional wisdom.

“Trust your head, your heart, your gut as to who should be the next nominee of the Republican Party,” Mr. Santorum said. "