Wow, I'm a hard core conservative and I disagree in the New York grand jury decision

So accidental homicide. No?
No. It isn't like the cops accidentally put him in a choke-hold.

Negligent Homicide I would go with.

I sure wish Brown and Garner had just done what they were told. There would have been plenty of time to disagree later.

Outside of that, I agree, negligent homicide seems like an appropriate expectation here.

Justifiable choke-holding,

Wouldn't that assume all choke holds cause death?

I was an mp during vietnam. I could pass a guy out in 3 seconds with a baton choke hold

Maybe the grand juries are just trying to piss obama off like he likes to piss America off

No, it means that the gathered cops had other means of restraint at their disposal. Clearly, the guy was not threatening anyone. He was simply refusing to be arrested.

And for the record.....if you can say, "I can't breath", that means you can breath. A choking victim cannot make any sound at all.

In My opinion, the cop that choked him down to the ground, did so knowing full well that his actions could cause severe harm and that the hold was against department policy.

There is nothing 'accidental' about that.
Aren't you contradicting yourself? (Bolded)

NEW RULE: Black men. Stop resisting arrest. When your police force determines to arrest you, there is no further discussion. See a lawyer once you get to the police.station.

So a police officer can do whatever he wants to a person he wants to arrest up to and including homicide? Is that what we want in the land of the free?
How did you come to that conclusion? Don't resist arrest. The police will not harm you,

The reason that chokeholds are illegal is that it's easy for them to cause death.
They are against NYPD policy, but not illegal.

Sure.

Studies have shown that law enforcement chokeholds have caused death in around 2% (15 out of 945 studied incidents) of cases, which is way too big of a number for me with the other options for pacification that police have.

Cool! How about a link to all the studies you are quoting..

Here's the abstract, you probably have to pay to see the whole study.

Abstracts Database - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

No, it means that the gathered cops had other means of restraint at their disposal. Clearly, the guy was not threatening anyone. He was simply refusing to be arrested.

And for the record.....if you can say, "I can't breath", that means you can breath. A choking victim cannot make any sound at all.

In My opinion, the cop that choked him down to the ground, did so knowing full well that his actions could cause severe harm and that the hold was against department policy.

There is nothing 'accidental' about that.
Aren't you contradicting yourself? (Bolded)
In what way? They are two completely separate thoughts and the subject of each sentence is independent of the other.

A person who says they cannot breath obviously can breathe. Anyone who has had first aid knows that a choking person will not be able to make a sound on their own. The same applies if you are bring choked by someone else. If you are truely being choked, you won't be able to say that you can't breathe.

The other sentence deal directly with the motivation of the cop who was using the choke hold. He had ample time to assess the situation as they were talking to the perp and knowing full well that the choke hold is against policy, chose to use it anyway when he made a move to bring the guy down.

I don't see how they even relate to each other outside of the use of a choke hold.

The reason that chokeholds are illegal is that it's easy for them to cause death.
They are against NYPD policy, but not illegal.

Sure.

Studies have shown that law enforcement chokeholds have caused death in around 2% (15 out of 945 studied incidents) of cases, which is way too big of a number for me with the other options for pacification that police have.

Cool! How about a link to all the studies you are quoting..

Here's the abstract, you probably have to pay to see the whole study.

Abstracts Database - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

That is one study, you implied multiple studies and this one is only based in the Los Angels area.

And the study is from 1983..

So yes you need to read the whole study..

There was no indictment after the Benghazi investigations either. We have sunk so low nobody gives a shit any more. As a famous political whore said recently, "what difference at this point does it make?".

Last edited:
I don't think its a race thing, just terrible judgement by the cops
You do realize that the situation in New York City is the same as it is in Ferguson. Each have a DA that is a democrat. Each have a mayor that is a democrat. Each have a governor that is a democrat.

You must also be aware that the media is running with this with some incorrect info. This so called "choke hold" is not the one they have outlawed. The media has repeated said that the purpose of the choke hold is to cut off the breathing of the subject. If you will look into it the hold that has been outlawed in many cities is actually carotid artery hold. This actually cuts off the blood supply to the brain and the subject goes limp and passes out. I learned this technique in the Marines and used it many times over the years in law enforcement.

You need to check your facts.

So what is it about failing to listen and obey a police officers commands and directions? In my day a cop would have thumped you for failing to obey commands and nothing would have been said, except that I deserved it, and I did.

There has been one crime in the last six years that is indisputable and involves a black man. That crime is the election of Barack Hussein Obama to the office of the POTUS. No jussis, no peafs.

The NYPD has notoriously been one of the most abusive police departments in the country for years and New Yorkers apparently love it that way since they've done little about it.

Try policing 7 million people sometime. Your patience and tolerance will wane too.

My civil and natural rights aren't predicated upon someone else's patience and tolerance. If they can't handle the job then quit.

At the end of the day the Eric Garner case is about the government caring more about collecting taxes to fund govt employee pensions than stopping actual crimes.

Forum List

Back