Conservative vs Liberal

Is our government the 'Good Guys'?

• Yes

• No

• Some are (conservatives, liberals, independents)

• Just conservatives

• Just liberals

• Just independents

Results are only viewable after voting.

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
With all the conservative vs liberal insult threads and conflict, reading the drone thread the question occurs, of conservatives, liberals, and everyone else, does anyone actually think the government's 'the good guys?'

No.

I see no indication on the whole, or even in part, the US government deserves the title of 'the good guys.' I think there are good people in the government, but the ones in charge prevent that goodness from getting expressed.

I don't see a connection between the poll and the OP. "Good guys" or "not good guys" is not a cognate comparison to "conservative" or "liberal".

I'm conservative with a live and let live attitude . Small 'L' libertarian I guess . I dislike all that laws and regulation pushed by both repubs and mostly dems who are famous for gun control . I see no good guys in government . Maybe a few good people mostly on the conservative side [jeff sessions , ted cruz] . I see no good people on the dem side .

Partisan ideologues on both ends of the spectrum continue to cause great harm with their narcissism, delusion and intellectual dishonesty.

One end looks to government for too much, the other end knee-jerks away too easily.

I do wish they'd find another hobby.

With all the conservative vs liberal insult threads and conflict, reading the drone thread the question occurs, of conservatives, liberals, and everyone else, does anyone actually think the government's 'the good guys?'
The people and the government are one in the same, where 'government' is only as good or as bad as the people allow it to be.

The mistake is to perceive 'the government' as something separate and apart from the people, which it is not.

The people and the government are one in the same, where 'government' is only as good or as bad as the people allow it to be.

The mistake is to perceive 'the government' as something separate and apart from the people, which it is not.
The "People" do not enjoy the same immunity that "The Government" does.

If I wanna come visit with you, I can. You're free to decline, but I'm as free to come ask.

Can't do that with government officials. :)

It's not as bad as feudal courts and guys with poleaxes andhalbards blocking your path, but the 'royalist' feeling is still present. Government officials are high atop a hill protected by armed guards and unreachable from rank and file.

pure partisanship from either side is the root of political demise. It's our fault. We elect them, and pay them $172K a year to bitch at each other, then cheer them on for doing it.

pure partisanship from either side is the root of political demise. It's our fault. We elect them, and pay them $172K a year to bitch at each other, then cheer them on for doing it.

And they only "work" 126 days a year while voting themselves raises. Thanks to gerrymandering, some of them have a place at the trough for life.

Good guys and bad guys are a gross oversimplification. Government is neither good nor bad. It's government. The alternative is anarchy.

And they only "work" 126 days a year while voting themselves raises. Thanks to gerrymandering, some of them have a place at the trough for life.

News flash, the government is much more than just congress.

Forum List

Back