Wow, Benny Netanyahu puts it to Barry

Let me see if I've got this right.

Conservatives are angry that the President of the US did not keep his thoughts to himself and instead supposedly "embarrassed" PM Netenyahu EVEN THOUGH the President only reiterated what has been the long-standing negotiation stance in multilateral talks AND the President said it in a speech made on US soil (at the White House no less). For some reason, that's BAD.

Yet, PM Netanyahu comes TO the US and speaks disrespectfully to the President of the US when we are the country that sends his gov't some $2 Billion in aid every year, and somehow that's okay?

Conservatives are cheering a foreign leader who disses OUR president ON American soil when the US taxpayers are sending his country billions of dollars in aid every year?

Amazing!

No what Americans are angry about is those are his thoughts. Not that he said them but he thought to say it.

Those thoughts are the long-standing negotiation position of several US administrations (both Democrat AND Republican) and have been clearly stated by previous presidents INCLUDING one George W. Bush who actually referred to going back to the borders of 1948 or 1949 in reference to Israel/Palestinian negotiations. I actually saw a clip of Bush saying that very thing.

This "outrage" is little more than the latest childish conservative tantrum built on the sand pebbles of conservative disinformation.

This is the response from the folks you and Obama support. Read the last sentence first if you want the bottom line.

Hamas to Obama: We Won't Recognize Israel

Monday, May 23, 2011
By Patrick Goodenough

(CNSNews.com) – “The U.S. administration will fail, just as all others have in the past, in forcing Hamas to recognize [Israel],” a Hamas spokesman declared Sunday after President Obama once again pressed the terrorist group to relinquish violence and recognize Israel’s right to exist.

Sami Abu Zuhri, spokesman for the group that controls the Gaza Strip, reiterated a stand which, in Obama’s own words, should make it impossible for Israel to negotiate with a Palestinian government that includes Hamas.

Hamas and its rival, Fatah – Palestinian Authority (P.A.) chairman Mahmoud Abbas’ movement – early this month signed a reconciliation agreement and agreed to establish a “unity” government.

Addressing an American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) conference in Washington on Sunday, Obama said the Fatah-Hamas agreement “poses an enormous obstacle to peace,” adding that “no country can be expected to negotiate with a terrorist organization sworn to its destruction.”

His answer to that dilemma was not to call on Abbas, Israel’s professed “peace partner,” to shun Hamas and crack down on its terror activities – as he is committed to do under signed agreements – but rather to urge Hamas to change. Obama also did not say what Israel should do if Hamas does not.

“We will continue to demand that Hamas accept the basic responsibilities of peace: recognizing Israel’s right to exist, rejecting violence, and adhering to all existing agreements,” Obama said.

Abu Zuhri’s statement made clear Hamas has no intention of following the advice.

More here:

Hamas to Obama: We Won't Recognize Israel | CNSnews.com

Conservatives are angry that the President of the US did not keep his thoughts to himself and instead supposedly "embarrassed" PM Netenyahu EVEN THOUGH the President only reiterated what has been the long-standing negotiation stance in multilateral talks AND the President said it in a speech made on US soil (at the White House no less). For some reason, that's BAD.

Yet, PM Netanyahu comes TO the US and speaks disrespectfully to the President of the US when we are the country that sends his gov't some $2 Billion in aid every year, and somehow that's okay?

Conservatives are cheering a foreign leader who disses OUR president ON American soil when the US taxpayers are sending his country billions of dollars in aid every year?

Amazing!

No what Americans are angry about is those are his thoughts. Not that he said them but he thought to say it.

What Americans? You neocon whackjobs righties? You hardly represent America. Those who disagree with Obama on this would argue with him if he said OBL was an asshole. Yes, ODS is that strong in you....

"Anyone who knows Arabs..." that's just stupid bigotry and you know it.
You negotiate with negotiators, not some childish caricature of the opposing side.

No, I'm just repeating Muslim spokemen's own words. I'm also speaking of their leaders. They have no intention on changing their beliefs on Israel.

I've trained them while I was in the military..

Right now I have an Arab family renting one of my business properties.

I've dealt with them on numerous occasions. There's much more to them then I'm saying but I'm just trying to give you some idea what we're dealing with here.

You want to get all politically correct and ignore the truth that's fine. That's your problem.

It's nothing to do with being politically correct - like it or lump it there's no getting away from having to deal with them.
History shows that.

The problem is you're trying to apply your beliefs to the situation when you can't.

Arabs, and Muslims in particular, are not the same as everyone else. They are more single minded in their beliefs yet more complex then you can imagine.

One thing is for certain, they believe what they believe on Israel. The Israelis have been a strawman for every despotic regime or every theocracy in the Middle East. All of the evils in their lives have been blamed on them. You can't convince them otherwise. Also, once you become their enemy they carry that hatred to the grave. They don't believe in redemption like we do.

Obama is trying to walk a tightrope and all he's doing is pissing off Muslims and now Israelis. They say that he talks a great game but his actions speak louder then words.

They don't trust him.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb
Anyone who knows Arabs you'll know that if you say the 1967 borders are a starting point that's naive. That only means to an Arab that is the least they will expect out of negotiations. They never make concessions, they only ask for you to make concessions. They also don't believe any deal with an infidel needs to be adhered to. Only deals with Muslims are worth anything to them.

And especially when their stated goal is to push Israel into the sea or wipe them off the map.

HOW can you negotiate with that? You can't.

Who is 'they'?
There are plenty of people in the US that make statements as well...does that make them official US policy?
Does the KKK represent US policy? Can I say that 'you' want to get rid of all blacks and Jews from American soil?

Perhaps you would like to read a translation of the Hamas position since they are the ones elected to represent the so-called Palestinians.

Key words you may wish to look up are 'obliteration,' 'dissolution,'and 'jihad,' and I hope this answers your question.

Charter

Main article: Hamas Charter

The Hamas Charter (or Covenant), issued in 1988, outlines the organization's position on many issues, and identifies Hamas as the Muslim Brotherhood in Palestine and declares its members to be Muslims who "fear God and raise the banner of Jihad in the face of the oppressors." The charter states "our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious" and calls for the eventual creation of an Islamic state in Palestine, in place of Israel and the Palestinian Territorie and the obliteration or dissolution of Israel.

The Charter also asserts that through shrewd manipulation of imperial countries and secret societies, Zionists were behind a wide range of events and disasters going as far back in history as the French Revolution. Among the charter's controversial statements is the following: "The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews [and kill them]; until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: Oh Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! The document also quotes Islamic religious texts to provide justification for fighting against and killing the Jews of Israel presenting the Arab-Israeli conflict as an inherently irreconcilable struggle between Jews and Muslims, and Judaism and Islam adding that the only way to engage in this struggle between "truth and falsehood" is through Islam and by means of jihad, until victory or martyrdom. The Charter adds that "renouncing any part of Palestine means renouncing part of the religion" of Islam.

Last edited:
No, I'm just repeating Muslim spokemen's own words. I'm also speaking of their leaders. They have no intention on changing their beliefs on Israel.

I've trained them while I was in the military..

Right now I have an Arab family renting one of my business properties.

I've dealt with them on numerous occasions. There's much more to them then I'm saying but I'm just trying to give you some idea what we're dealing with here.

You want to get all politically correct and ignore the truth that's fine. That's your problem.

It's nothing to do with being politically correct - like it or lump it there's no getting away from having to deal with them.
History shows that.

The problem is you're trying to apply your beliefs to the situation when you can't.

Arabs, and Muslims in particular, are not the same as everyone else. They are more single minded in their beliefs yet more complex then you can imagine.

One thing is for certain, they believe what they believe on Israel. The Israelis have been a strawman for every despotic regime or every theocracy in the Middle East. All of the evils in their lives have been blamed on them. You can't convince them otherwise. Also, once you become their enemy they carry that hatred to the grave. They don't believe in redemption like we do.

Obama is trying to walk a tightrope and all he's doing is pissing off Muslims and now Israelis. They say that he talks a great game but his actions speak louder then words.

They don't trust him.

NOR do they belive in the sanctity of LIFE as we define it. But them American Statists would fit right in with them...an possibly WHY we are having this conversation...

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Of course, now we know why American conservatives love Netenyahu. It's because he only makes problems worse.

You and others like you don't have clue. The Palestinian's want Jerusalem as their capital. The Palestinian's don't want land they want Israel dead.

I'm sure you could find quite a number of Palestinians who feel that way. They're commonly referred to as extremists. Extremists exist in every group. But you paint with too broad a brush. It would be the equivalent of saying that ALL tea party members are racists. There ARE moderate forces within the Palestinian movement that want a negotiated settlement so they can have their own country where they can raise their families in peace. Isn't that what MOST people want everywhere in the world?

Here's where many conservatives make a fatal mistake. Israel and her supporters can't advance the cause of moderation on the opposing side by taking an inflexible extremist position on the part of Israel. It will only have the opposite effect. It will encourage AND strengthen the cause of Palestinian extremist groups such as Hamas.

WOW Imagine that

Article (4)
Jerusalem is the capital of the state of Palestine and seat of its public authorities.

2003 Permanent Constitution draft | The Palestinian Basic Law

You and others like you don't have clue. The Palestinian's want Jerusalem as their capital. The Palestinian's don't want land they want Israel dead.

I'm sure you could find quite a number of Palestinians who feel that way. They're commonly referred to as extremists. Extremists exist in every group. But you paint with too broad a brush. It would be the equivalent of saying that ALL tea party members are racists. There ARE moderate forces within the Palestinian movement that want a negotiated settlement so they can have their own country where they can raise their families in peace. Isn't that what MOST people want everywhere in the world?

Here's where many conservatives make a fatal mistake. Israel and her supporters can't advance the cause of moderation on the opposing side by taking an inflexible extremist position on the part of Israel. It will only have the opposite effect. It will encourage AND strengthen the cause of Palestinian extremist groups such as Hamas.

The majority want that.

I had a Palestinian Arabic instructor when I was in the service. She was the nicest little old lady you'd ever want to meet.

Mention Israel and she became fuming mad. It's almost like she couldn't contain herself.

Even the nicest Palestinian has a large bone to pick with Israel. And it's because of the 1967 war. The Palestinians got caught in the middle. And the perps of that war have screwed over those poor people. Arabs treat Palestinians like the worlds trailor-park trash. I've heard it said that other Arabs treat them worse then Israel does.

It's written in their Constitution
Article (4)
Jerusalem is the capital of the state of Palestine and seat of its public authorities.

2003 Permanent Constitution draft | The Palestinian Basic Law

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Of course, now we know why American conservatives love Netenyahu. It's because he only makes problems worse.

Actually, it is just the Arabs. The people that inhabited Palestine back in the early part of the 20th century were Muslim, Jew, Christian, etc. It was not a cohesive bunch at all.

This is all a shell game in the Pan Arab goal of exterminating the Jewish State. The Palaestinians are NOT a race of people.

Not really Arabs would be insulted if you called a Palestinian an Arab. Right now Palestinian's are useful tools of the arabs,

I wonder if Benny Netanyahu was born in the USA or maybe it doesn't matter anymore.
....Not to him (or, his Gestapo), anyways.....​

"As this 28-year-old Jewish American woman spoke out for the human rights of Palestinians, other members of the audience—wearing badges from the conference of the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee—brutally attacked her. The police then dragged her out of the Gallery and took her to the George Washington University Hospital, where she was being treating for neck and shoulder injuries."

Amazing!

What Americans? You neocon whackjobs righties? You hardly represent America. Those who disagree with Obama on this would argue with him if he said OBL was an asshole. Yes, ODS is that strong in you....
You hardly represent America.
I represent i more than you do. Have you got your American citizenship?

Benjamin 'THE GREAT LEADER' Netanyahu's speech to Congress contained this little sentence;
"As President Obama said, the border will be different than the one that existed on June 4th, 1967"

So...wadday'all going on about?

So does Son of Sam, Tim McVeigh and David Koresh...shrug..

Why would I want American citizenship - it would mean I could live there, which I have no intention of every doing......

So does Son of Sam, Tim McVeigh and David Koresh...shrug..

Why would I want American citizenship - it would mean I could live there, which I have no intention of every doing......

Since you don't live here why do you even comment?

Diversion???

You said "He hasn't done anything so wrong that it has hurt the country. Something like........starting a war in someplace like Iraq, where it wasn't necessary."

Libya is a war he started....is just as unnecessary...wasting a ton of money.

Hack.

I liked this article the best. Please read it.

Why Libya Isn’t Iraq and Obama Isn’t George W. Bush

Why Libya Isn't Iraq and Obama Isn't George W. Bush

I never said Libya wasn't Iraq.

But it is a war....that is unnecessary....that is wasting money. The three points that were under discussion.

And you call it a diversion. Probably because you don't have any hive-approved retort.

I should have known better than to treat you like a reasonable person that might actually read the article. Silly me.

Forum List

Back