Wounded veterans harassed and spit on during spring break

Some parents raise assholes, there is no other explanation for this.

ā€˜A Total Disgraceā€™: Wounded Veterans at Beach Retreat Say Partying College Students Spit on and Harassed Them

Itā€™s become a patriotic tradition in Panama City Beach, Florida. Twice annually for the last six years, the city has welcomed wounded veterans to the Warrior Beach Retreat, offering a special group of American heroes good times, camaraderie and relaxation.

But some college students sharing their hotel apparently didnā€™t get the memo.

ā€œThey actually spit on me and my service dog as well, and thatā€™s just so disrespectful and it hurts,ā€ wounded vet Nicholas Connole told WJHG-TV. ā€œI come and I feel honored and I feel safe and like I belong, but now I feel like Iā€™m defending myself.ā€

The incidents ā€” which also included beer thrown on wounded veterans from balconies and urinating on the American flag ā€” occurred at the Laketown Wharf Resort where veterans were staying along with students from Emory University as well as the University of Floridaā€™s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity.

A Total Disgrace Wounded Veterans at Beach Retreat Say Partying College Students Spit on and Harassed Them Video TheBlaze.com
There`s no evidence that one single Viet vet was spit on, in fact, nobody ever made that claim until they heard it in the first Rambo movie. Shame on those vets that continue to lie about it.
Amazon.com The Spitting Image Myth Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam 9780814751473 Jerry Lembcke Books

Sorry twat waffle I know two veterans personally that were spit on. Unlike you left loons they would never lie to me
You`re one tough talking dyke but your friends can`t prove they were spit on can they? Anyone with a measurable IQ knows that the war protesters all had friends and family that were drafted and sent to Vietnam. Why would they be spitting on vets? The author of the book I referenced was a Viet vet also. Let that be the first book you read.

Dude stop with the "dyke" baloney, I may be a lot of things but mental isn't one. Furthermore you limp wrist POS my friends don't lie to me. Now GFY you slimy little nothing...and grow the hell up. I swear you communist left loons are the most childish little creatures on the planet.

ā€˜A Total Disgraceā€™: Wounded Veterans at Beach Retreat Say Partying College Students Spit on and Harassed Them

Itā€™s become a patriotic tradition in Panama City Beach, Florida. Twice annually for the last six years, the city has welcomed wounded veterans to the Warrior Beach Retreat, offering a special group of American heroes good times, camaraderie and relaxation.

ā€œThey actually spit on me and my service dog as well, and thatā€™s just so disrespectful and it hurts,ā€ wounded vet Nicholas Connole told WJHG-TV. ā€œI come and I feel honored and I feel safe and like I belong, but now I feel like Iā€™m defending myself.ā€

The incidents ā€” which also included beer thrown on wounded veterans from balconies and urinating on the American flag ā€” occurred at the Laketown Wharf Resort where veterans were staying along with students from Emory University as well as the University of Floridaā€™s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity.

A Total Disgrace Wounded Veterans at Beach Retreat Say Partying College Students Spit on and Harassed Them Video TheBlaze.com
There`s no evidence that one single Viet vet was spit on, in fact, nobody ever made that claim until they heard it in the first Rambo movie. Shame on those vets that continue to lie about it.
Amazon.com The Spitting Image Myth Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam 9780814751473 Jerry Lembcke Books

Sorry twat waffle I know two veterans personally that were spit on. Unlike you left loons they would never lie to me
You`re one tough talking dyke but your friends can`t prove they were spit on can they? Anyone with a measurable IQ knows that the war protesters all had friends and family that were drafted and sent to Vietnam. Why would they be spitting on vets? The author of the book I referenced was a Viet vet also. Let that be the first book you read.
We are talking spring break 2015, NOT Viet Nam, you idiot.

Dude stop with the "dyke" baloney, I may be a lot of things but mental isn't one. Furthermore you limp wrist POS my friends don't lie to me. Now GFY you slimy little nothing...and grow the hell up. I swear you communist left loons are the most childish little creatures on the planet.
Childish? I`m not sure. But I`m not stupid enough to believe a story someone repeated after he heard it in a Rambo movie. How about yourself Butch?

Childish? I`m not sure. But I`m not stupid enough to believe a story someone repeated after he heard it in a Rambo movie. How about yourself Butch?

Sit down, flamer. Just sit down and cease embarrassing yourself....again.

I doubt the veracity of the story

ZBT Fraternity National Headquarters:

There is no doubt some of our members engaged in ugly and unacceptable behavior, their actions have no place in ZBT or anywhere and they will not be tolerated....

Both chapters have been suspended.

April 23 2015

What do you say now? It happened, asshole
ogibillm Where are you, guy?
That they behaved inappropriately isnt surprising. It also doesn't necessarily corroborate the story in the article, and it certainly doesn't prove that any shenanigans directed at the vet were motivated by his veteran status.

Also, if I'm not responding, I'm busy elsewhere. You will generally get a response from me if you are the slightest bit patient.

There is no doubt some of our members engaged in ugly and unacceptable behavior, their actions have no place in ZBT or anywhere and they will not be tolerated....

April 23 2015

That they behaved inappropriately isnt surprising. It also doesn't necessarily corroborate the story in the article, and it certainly doesn't prove that any shenanigans directed at the vet were motivated by his veteran status.

Also, if I'm not responding, I'm busy elsewhere. You will generally get a response from me if you are the slightest bit patient.

Translation: I got my ass handed to me on a platter and I need time to recover and post some more of my BS. You're a fraud

Go to Craigslist Rant And Rave section. I live in a college town....and these are some of the titles of the posts:

Not just Veterans suck but fat ass Fireman too!

vets totally suck

Veterans ARE whiners and complainers !

Veterans stop whining and complaining

Too many like these ^ but you get the drift.
Sickening, disgusting and if I ever see anyone saying such to a veteran...especially a wounded one....shit is going to hit the fan and it won't be my shit.

This younger generation doesn't respect or care for their Veterans at all.
A lot of the younger generation are vets

April 23 2015

Translation: I got my ass handed to me on a platter and I need time to recover and post some more of my BS. You're a fraud
I was at a doctor's appointment with my son, not that i need explain myself to you.

You've never seen an asshole vet feel he was entitled because of his service?

These kids probably took things too far, as kids do, but you think a group of fraternity guys just decided to be assholes to the vets for no reason? Doesn't that seem unlikely?
Nope and I did 22 years of service. I dont know what your beef is with vets but you ought to go up to one and say thanks, especially if he was wounded in action and is disabled. He wears that wound defending fucking assholes like you.
You must not get out much. We have some of those assholes on this board.
not that long ago i saw a viet nam vet chew into his waitress because of some imagined slight. I knew he was a vet because he made damn sure she knew it.
i was once nearly hit in a roundabout by a korean war vet that didn't understand how they worked. He actually blocked traffic, got out of his car, and yelled at me, traffic rules dont apply to him because he's a vet, dammit.

But these guys weren't assholes because they were veterans. They were just assholes. Vets are human, just like the rest of us.

And you have no idea how i feel, or act, towards veterans.

April 23 2015

I was at a doctor's appointment with my son, not that i need explain myself to you.

I was referring to your BS comment. I could care less about you, your son or a Dr appt. Yesterday it was "I doubt it happened", today when it's proven it was it's "that was wrong but maybe it didn't happen because they are veterans". You're a dope

April 23 2015

I was referring to your BS comment. I could care less about you, your son or a Dr appt. Yesterday it was "I doubt it happened", today when it's proven it was it's "that was wrong but maybe it didn't happen because they are veterans". You're a dope
Actually the claims of the op haven't been proven.

yep. Using t3h blaze as Op's source was the first red flag. OP herself is the 2nd red falg

Hey dumb ass, they've suspended three students and the two frat chapters. Just shut up you clueless moron
And what did they suspend them for?

Also i missed the school suspension. Do you have a link to that story?

Google it, for "something that never happened" it's all over the news. Our children are due home from school

yep. Using t3h blaze as Op's source was the first red flag. OP herself is the 2nd red falg

Hey dumb ass, they've suspended three students and the two frat chapters. Just shut up you clueless moron
And what did they suspend them for?

Also i missed the school suspension. Do you have a link to that story?

Google it, for "something that never happened" it's all over the news. Our children are due home from school
I think you confused fraternity expulsion with school suspension. It happens, no big deal.

You must not get out much. We have some of those assholes on this board.
not that long ago i saw a viet nam vet chew into his waitress because of some imagined slight. I knew he was a vet because he made damn sure she knew it.
i was once nearly hit in a roundabout by a korean war vet that didn't understand how they worked. He actually blocked traffic, got out of his car, and yelled at me, traffic rules dont apply to him because he's a vet, dammit.
But these guys weren't assholes because they were veterans. They were just assholes. Vets are human, just like the rest of us.
And you have no idea how i feel, or act, towards veterans.

We're not talking about "imaginary slights" you little bitch....we were called things worse than "baby killers" back home here. You hate Vets because you don't think we deserve any special treatment....well guess what? neither do we. We served and expected to come home....not to a parade, but at least a little appreciation. We finally got the parade after Desert Storm; 20 years later thanks to cowards like you.

"Rambo"? I don't know a single Viet Vet that saw that cartoon. Most of the spitting, blood and urine throwing happened in Oakland and San Diego because that's where we came back in. It rarely happened in the interior because by then normal Americans wouldn't stand for it. The ones that encountered my group were ready to start up when we went around the rope and walked through the middle of them instead of walking the gauntlet. The yellow punks wanted no part of us at arm's length.

"Rambo"? I don't know a single Viet Vet that saw that cartoon. Most of the spitting, blood and urine throwing happened in Oakland and San Diego because that's where we came back in. It rarely happened in the interior because by then normal Americans wouldn't stand for it. The ones that encountered my group were ready to start up when we went around the rope and walked through the middle of them instead of walking the gauntlet. The yellow punks wanted no part of us at arm's length.

You are full of shit.

Forum List

Back