Wounded veterans harassed and spit on during spring break

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Some parents raise assholes, there is no other explanation for this.

ā€˜A Total Disgraceā€™: Wounded Veterans at Beach Retreat Say Partying College Students Spit on and Harassed Them

Itā€™s become a patriotic tradition in Panama City Beach, Florida. Twice annually for the last six years, the city has welcomed wounded veterans to the Warrior Beach Retreat, offering a special group of American heroes good times, camaraderie and relaxation.

But some college students sharing their hotel apparently didnā€™t get the memo.

ā€œThey actually spit on me and my service dog as well, and thatā€™s just so disrespectful and it hurts,ā€ wounded vet Nicholas Connole told WJHG-TV. ā€œI come and I feel honored and I feel safe and like I belong, but now I feel like Iā€™m defending myself.ā€

The incidents ā€” which also included beer thrown on wounded veterans from balconies and urinating on the American flag ā€” occurred at the Laketown Wharf Resort where veterans were staying along with students from Emory University as well as the University of Floridaā€™s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity.

A Total Disgrace Wounded Veterans at Beach Retreat Say Partying College Students Spit on and Harassed Them Video TheBlaze.com

Some parents raise assholes, there is no other explanation for this.

ā€˜A Total Disgraceā€™: Wounded Veterans at Beach Retreat Say Partying College Students Spit on and Harassed Them

Itā€™s become a patriotic tradition in Panama City Beach, Florida. Twice annually for the last six years, the city has welcomed wounded veterans to the Warrior Beach Retreat, offering a special group of American heroes good times, camaraderie and relaxation.

But some college students sharing their hotel apparently didnā€™t get the memo.

ā€œThey actually spit on me and my service dog as well, and thatā€™s just so disrespectful and it hurts,ā€ wounded vet Nicholas Connole told WJHG-TV. ā€œI come and I feel honored and I feel safe and like I belong, but now I feel like Iā€™m defending myself.ā€

The incidents ā€” which also included beer thrown on wounded veterans from balconies and urinating on the American flag ā€” occurred at the Laketown Wharf Resort where veterans were staying along with students from Emory University as well as the University of Floridaā€™s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity.

A Total Disgrace Wounded Veterans at Beach Retreat Say Partying College Students Spit on and Harassed Them Video TheBlaze.com
I agree...a total disgrace. Shame on those Emory U. students and frat brothers.

And just think....cops have to respond to deal with these punks with total restraint and no emotions.

They should've found a dozen healthy young vets...locked them in the banquet room with the punks...and the cops say "Ok folks...for 30 minutes...total immunity in this room. Have fun."

Go to Craigslist Rant And Rave section. I live in a college town....and these are some of the titles of the posts:

Not just Veterans suck but fat ass Fireman too!

vets totally suck

Veterans ARE whiners and complainers !

Veterans stop whining and complaining

Too many like these ^ but you get the drift.
Sickening, disgusting and if I ever see anyone saying such to a veteran...especially a wounded one....shit is going to hit the fan and it won't be my shit.

I doubt the veracity of the story

It's all over the Internet and the Florida U chapter of the frat has taken down their Facebook page. Gee I wonder why?
You answer your own question. It's all over the Internet.

Dude shut the hell up. If you doubt it fine but stop bothering me
did i hurt your feelings by pointing out the stupidity of your post?

Well asshole you could prove it never happened, instead you're sitting there thumping your girl chest claiming BS. Go away or I shall make you go away....that's just how unimportant you are to me

Go to Craigslist Rant And Rave section. I live in a college town....and these are some of the titles of the posts:

Not just Veterans suck but fat ass Fireman too!

vets totally suck

Veterans ARE whiners and complainers !

Veterans stop whining and complaining

Too many like these ^ but you get the drift.
Sickening, disgusting and if I ever see anyone saying such to a veteran...especially a wounded one....shit is going to hit the fan and it won't be my shit.
Some vets are whiny, disgusting people.

But it's not fair to characterize all of them, or even most, that way.

Forum List

Back