Wounded vet not a "True Hero"

Think Progress? NO THANK YOU:eusa_hand:

I'll go to another source and get the real deal...

USA Today.

They left out (pun intended) the rest of the quote too

"That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."

"That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."

The entire quote

AND?

She served for most of her adult life.

Why wouldn't she talk about it?

At what point did talking about one's experience become something that politicians shouldn't talk about???

Poor little butt-hurt Joe Walsh wrapped himself in a Tea Party made American Flag, and he's got NOTHING on this chick.

Now he's whining about it.

Why not Clinton?
I don't recall Bush being disrepectful to troops.
Clinton was-

Cut and dry.

He loathed us.

We loathed him.

Got a quote of Clinton disparaging military service?

But who the hell cares?

Is Bill Clinton running for office in this race?

Is George Bush?

Get over it.

Rep. Walsh says Duckworth isn't a 'true' hero

Doesn't get any better for Republicans....Attacking a veteran who lost both legs in an attack. Not a "true hero". Is it because she is a woman or a Democrat?

Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois, considered one of the most vulnerable freshmen in Congress, is seen on a video criticizing Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth for talking too much about her military service.

"Now I'm running against a woman who, my God, that's all she talks about. Our true heroes, it's the last thing in the world they talk about," Walsh, R-Ill., can be heard saying about Duckworth.

The video was posted on ThinkProgress, a blog that's an outlet of the left-leaning Center for American Progress.

Duckworth, a former Obama appointee, lost both her legs and partial use of her right arm when a rocket-propelled grenade hit the Black Hawk helicopter she was piloting in Iraq. She told USA TODAY in a 2005 interview that she wanted to fly Army helicopters because "I wanted to take the same risks as the guys."

Didn't we just have a thread where all the liberals insisted that serving and being wounded did not make one a hero? I guess NOW it does?

By the way? If the comments of one person represent the entire party does that mean I can quote several of the dumbest Liberals in Congress now and claim they speak for the whole party?

How dare she talk about the service to her country she spent over 20 years doing! The service she lost her legs to.

Doesn't she know she's not allowed to out-patriotism a Tea Party member?

The entire quote

Context is a biotch

Dude, even in context, it's still fucked up.

The woman served for over twenty years, and got her legs blown off while doing it.

What do you expect her to talk about on the subject of her experience?

Her penchant for knitting???

"WALSH: Understand something about John McCain. His political advisers, day after day, had to take him and almost throw him against a wall and hit him against the head and say, “Senator, you have to let people know you served! You have to talk about what you did!” He didn’t want to do it, wouldn’t do it. Day after day they had to convince him. Finally, he talked a little bit about it, but it was very uncomfortable for him. That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."

Hmmm. Not quite what you thought it was now is it?

Walsh gets to decide what "true heroes" get to talk about?

Who the fuck is he?

If McCain didn't want to talk about his POW experience, that was his right. If Duckworth wants to talk about her war experience, that is her right. Both paid their dues.......Walsh didn't

Didn't we just have a thread where all the liberals insisted that serving and being wounded did not make one a hero? I guess NOW it does?

By the way? If the comments of one person represent the entire party does that mean I can quote several of the dumbest Liberals in Congress now and claim they speak for the whole party?

First of all, serving and being wounded does in fact make one a hero.

John McCain was a fucking hero. I didn't vote for him, but there is no damn reason why someone should try to stop him from talking about his service to this country during a political campaign.

And THAT is what Joe Walsh just did.

And no, Joe Walsh doesn't represent his entire party. But he most certainly represents Joe Walsh.

And he is apparently a giant prick.

Rep. Walsh says Duckworth isn't a 'true' hero

Doesn't get any better for Republicans....Attacking a veteran who lost both legs in an attack. Not a "true hero". Is it because she is a woman or a Democrat?

Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois, considered one of the most vulnerable freshmen in Congress, is seen on a video criticizing Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth for talking too much about her military service.

"Now I'm running against a woman who, my God, that's all she talks about. Our true heroes, it's the last thing in the world they talk about," Walsh, R-Ill., can be heard saying about Duckworth.

The video was posted on ThinkProgress, a blog that's an outlet of the left-leaning Center for American Progress.

Duckworth, a former Obama appointee, lost both her legs and partial use of her right arm when a rocket-propelled grenade hit the Black Hawk helicopter she was piloting in Iraq. She told USA TODAY in a 2005 interview that she wanted to fly Army helicopters because "I wanted to take the same risks as the guys."

You concur that Joe Walsh is a Douchebag and that his party should disavow what he said?

You people don't have any room to talk, we saw how you all treated Bush, McCain, West, even Palin and she had a son in service

so shut up

USAtoday is getting as bad as the National Enquire

Last edited:
You people don't have any room to talk, we saw how you all treated Bush, McCain, West, even Palin and she had a son in service

so shut up

USAtoday is getting as bad as the National Enquire

Bush and Palin served in combat in what war exactly?

At what point did someone disparage Palin's son's military service?

No-one EVER told John McCain he wasn't allowed to talk about his military record. Not once. So what the fuck are you talking about?

The answer to these questions are:

None, never, and you have no fucking clue.

And honestly, I don't even know who "West" is.

Seriously, you people need to either admit this guy is an asshole, or just shut the hell up about it, because every word that's coming out of your mouth in this thread makes you look like a bunch of partisan jaskasses.

Does she REALLY talk about it all the time or does he just have a chip on his shoulder?

Personally, I don't care if she just repeats "I got my legs blown off in Iraq" as a friggin' mantra, like Rudy Giuliani did with 9/11.

Joe Walsh has no right to try to stop her from talking about it.

Does she REALLY talk about it all the time or does he just have a chip on his shoulder?

Personally, I don't care if she just repeats "I got my legs blown off in Iraq" as a friggin' mantra, like Rudy Giuliani did with 9/11.

True enough. It irritates me when people are always bringing up their service. Not that I would say that about a political opponent that was wounded in a war....Walsh may as well resign from the race.

I just have a feeling that he sees her without her limbs, limbs she lost fighting for HIS way of life and HIS stupid ass and feels guilty so he's struck out at her.

True enough. It irritates me when people are always bringing up their service. Not that I would say that about a political opponent that was wounded in a war....Walsh may as well resign from the race.

I just have a feeling that he sees her without her limbs, limbs she lost fighting for HIS way of life and HIS stupid ass and feels guilty so he's struck out at her.

I think he is running against a crippled war veteran and doesn't want the people to know

Forum List

Back