Wouldn't This be Considered Child Abuse.

But I faced NO imminent risk until well after I was emancipated.

You still needed parental consent to join the military. And If you don't think people get injured or killed in boot camp you dont know much about the military. Is it probable that you will end up dead in boot camp, no. BUT it is possible. Is it probable you will be injured in boot camp. Hell yes!

Correct, but giving consent is not the same thing as allowing someone to do something. For instance I could consent to allowing my child to drink at age 21 when he's 18, but that isn't illegal. Actually allowing him to drink at 18 would be illegal.

Same thing here, IF these parents would have told this girl at 14 say when you turn 16 you can become emancipated and sail solo around the world then there is no neglect. I was emancipated before I went to boot camp, this girl was NOT emancipated before she went on her cruise. It's apples and oranges.

Abby's parents consented for her to sail solo around the wold. Period . No laws broken. Please find the law that says you may not sail solo around the word.

Parental consent is allowing their child/young adult to do something. Emancipation has nothing to do with this. Emancipation is only an issue if she wanted to sail solo WITHOUT her parents consent.

Emancipation is about if you no longer want your parents involvement in your life decisions.

Last edited:
I am actually being serious, Fester. I mean, granted, it's no secret that I think you are ginormous douchbag.

However, your M.O. for coming into threads and turning them into food fights/idiotic insult fests between you and another poster is becoming well known. You basically take every thread and turn it into a rage-fest that is all about you and another poster. It's disruptive and makes you look foolish. For fuck's sake, you aren't even smart enough to figure out that you are being ignored by serious posters on other threads, because you offer absolutely nothing of value to the conversation.

Since you think I am a dick, you will no doubt not deem this as an attack as opposed to constructive criticism.

However, in all seriousness, the perception of you is starting to change from that of an average poster who likes to throw a few jabs to a full, blown, royal-fucking asshole that has some sort of bizarre chip on his shoulder. You are new here, so you probably don't realize that a lot of the board dynamics are determined by PMs and cross talk that is never on the regular board.

Take it for what it's worth.

So you are telling me how you and your pal coordinate your posts and attack strategies? Wow thanks for the confession....

And you are right about one thing... you are a dick... And as far as yours and your pals perception of me? HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fuck you!...No really from the bottom of my heart you and your pals/socks/proxies can all kiss my ass in unison if you like....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have a bad reaction to internet fakes and frauds... Guys like you and your pals who have several identities because they lack the social/life skills to stand on their own two feet, and use claims of higher intellect or higher education (which you obviously don't have) to try and stifle debate or bully your way into a false victory.. Yeah I tend to call you on your bullshit and you can't handle your little kingdom being rattled...

Dipshits like you have nothing but an internet persona, and thats why you get so desperate.. here you think you are the king. You can be anyone you want, anything you want and no one can prove you wrong or argue with you here.... yeah nothing like real life huh tool.... LOL, in real life you are the idiot who is overlooked or ignored, or told to shut the fuck up...

Well asshole, I represent the real world.. I live in that world, I work in that world, and I actually only exist in that world... All of this in here... its make believe just like your persona's and all your big stories about yourself...

So from the real world I bring the same message they send you daily into your kingdom.... They told me to tell you to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

LOL, now if you are going to follow me around crying all the time, wear a diaper like a real baby would....:lol::lol::lol:

Actually he and I don't even see eye to eye on most issues, but you're a stupid hypocritical piece of shit, on that we agree.

Well then you can point out an instance of my hypocrisy then..... yeah ill wait......

You think I am bothered by the opinions of a guy who has been on here crying about me to everyone who will listen, and a douchebag who thinks he is always right??

LOL, sure I am lil fella sure I am....:lol::lol:

I bet you are the guy who screams at his dog aren't you LOL....

So you are telling me how you and your pal coordinate your posts and attack strategies? Wow thanks for the confession....

And you are right about one thing... you are a dick... And as far as yours and your pals perception of me? HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fuck you!...No really from the bottom of my heart you and your pals/socks/proxies can all kiss my ass in unison if you like....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have a bad reaction to internet fakes and frauds... Guys like you and your pals who have several identities because they lack the social/life skills to stand on their own two feet, and use claims of higher intellect or higher education (which you obviously don't have) to try and stifle debate or bully your way into a false victory.. Yeah I tend to call you on your bullshit and you can't handle your little kingdom being rattled...

Dipshits like you have nothing but an internet persona, and thats why you get so desperate.. here you think you are the king. You can be anyone you want, anything you want and no one can prove you wrong or argue with you here.... yeah nothing like real life huh tool.... LOL, in real life you are the idiot who is overlooked or ignored, or told to shut the fuck up...

Well asshole, I represent the real world.. I live in that world, I work in that world, and I actually only exist in that world... All of this in here... its make believe just like your persona's and all your big stories about yourself...

So from the real world I bring the same message they send you daily into your kingdom.... They told me to tell you to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

LOL, now if you are going to follow me around crying all the time, wear a diaper like a real baby would....:lol::lol::lol:

Actually he and I don't even see eye to eye on most issues, but you're a stupid hypocritical piece of shit, on that we agree.

Well then you can point out an instance of my hypocrisy then..... yeah ill wait......

You think I am bothered by the opinions of a guy who has been on here crying about me to everyone who will listen, and a douchebag who thinks he is always right??

just read ANY of your posts

You still needed parental consent to join the military. And If you don't think people get injured or killed in boot camp you dont know much about the military. Is it probable that you will end up dead in boot camp, no. BUT it is possible. Is it probable you will be injured in boot camp. Hell yes!

Correct, but giving consent is not the same thing as allowing someone to do something. For instance I could consent to allowing my child to drink at age 21 when he's 18, but that isn't illegal. Actually allowing him to drink at 18 would be illegal.

Same thing here, IF these parents would have told this girl at 14 say when you turn 16 you can become emancipated and sail solo around the world then there is no neglect. I was emancipated before I went to boot camp, this girl was NOT emancipated before she went on her cruise. It's apples and oranges.

Abby's parents consented for her to sail solo around the wold. Period . No laws broken. Please find the law that says you may not sail solo around the word.

Parental consent is allowing their child/young adult to do something. Emancipation has nothing to do with this. Emancipation is only an issue if she wanted to sail solo WITHOUT her parents consent.

Emancipation is about if you no longer want your parents involvement in your life decisions.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Emancipation means she can CHOOSE to risk her life. as a minor she does NOT have that right, that is a right reserved for ADULTS. NO parent has a right to endanger their child, in ANY way. That is the entire point of the neglect section of the child abuse laws.

This isn't rocket science and I lose respect for you every time you fail to understand it, I mean you're still above your buddy gslack, but only barely at this point.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Emancipation means she can CHOOSE to risk her life. as a minor she does NOT have that right, that is a right reserved for ADULTS. NO parent has a right to endanger their child, in ANY way. That is the entire point of the neglect section of the child abuse laws.

This isn't rocket science and I lose respect for you every time you fail to understand it, I mean you're still above your buddy gslack, but only barely at this point.

IN YOUR OPINION I AM WORNG, THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME WRONG.

Emancipation means you want your parents the hell out of your life so that THEY can no longer have a say in YOUR life. As minor Abby had Parental consent. Again please show the law where she may not sail solo around the world.

Again shall we talk children, teens and young adults participating in sports and the inherent danger?

Last edited:

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Emancipation means you want your parents the hell out of your life so that THEY can no longer have a say in YOUR life. As minor Abby had Parental consent. Again please show the law where she may not sail solo around the world.

Again shall we talk children, teens and young adults participating in sports and the inherent danger?

No, not my opinion. FACT, but just in case I posted this is in the legal forum, we'll see what lawyers say.

Again the fact that Abby had parental consent has no bearing on the matter, they can NOT consent to let her do something that presents an imminent risk to her life. Baseball and such do not pose an imminent risk, and you know it. Can you give your child your consent to play Russian Roulette? Of course not.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

No, not my opinion. FACT, but just in case I posted this is in the legal forum, we'll see what lawyers say.

Again the fact that Abby had parental consent has no bearing on the matter, they can NOT consent to let her do something that presents an imminent risk to her life. Baseball and such do not pose an imminent risk, and you know it. Can you give your child your consent to play Russian Roulette? Of course not.

Actually they can....as long as it is not illegal. Show us that there is some age requirement for sailing like there is for driving...THEN you might be onto something...Otherwise, you are wrong again.

just read ANY of your posts

So thats a no then... okay thanks for the candor.. So again we can add liar to the list...

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

The fact that Abby had HER parents CONSENT is the only matter.

I doubt that Abbys parents would have consented to russian roulette.

Actually they can....as long as it is not illegal. Show us that there is some age requirement for sailing like there is for driving...THEN you might be onto something...Otherwise, you are wrong again.

Really I posted the minimum federal standards for child abuse, here I'll post it again.

Definitions in Federal Law

Federal legislation provides a foundation for States by identifying a minimum set of acts or behaviors that define child abuse and neglect. The Federal Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) (42 U.S.C.A. §5106g), as amended by the Keeping Children and Families Safe Act of 2003, defines child abuse and neglect as, at minimum:

* Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation; or

* An act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm.

This definition of child abuse and neglect refers specifically to parents and other caregivers. A "child" under this definition generally means a person who is under the age of 18 or who is not an emancipated minor.

You show me where in that law it says anything about legal or illegal. it says actual or IMMINENT risk of serious harm.

im·mi·nent
   /ˈɪmənənt/ Show Spelled[im-uh-nuhnt] Show IPA
–adjective
likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.

Experts have testified there is NOWAY that it couldn't have been predicted that she should not have been in that sea alone.

holy fuck you are stupid. YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT CONSENT TO PUTTING YOUR CHILD IN IMMINENT RISK OF BEING IN HARM'S WAY. You do NOT have that right as a parent.

holy fuck you are stupid. YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT CONSENT TO PUTTING YOUR CHILD IN IMMINENT RISK OF BEING IN HARM'S WAY. You do NOT have that right as a parent.

Sailing solo around the wold has inhearent risk and danger. Just as and all any sports do.

Giving Abby permission to sail solo does not put her in IMMINENT danger.

conhog, you been crying over this for over 24 hours straight now.... You haven't converted anyone and now you are losing respect by the post... get over yourself.. you are not the end all be all of life and child rearing.. And god help anyone who has to live with your OCD suffering ass....

We disagree, and whats more if there was any grounds for a child abuse case, they would prosecute by now... But despite jeraldo's blustering and dramatizations and the cries and screams of douchebags like you, they are not prosecuting... So, as far as a legal standpoint, your argument falls flat on its face...

now I am sorry to have to tell you this but, we are not your wife or girlfriend, we are not your kids, and we are not living by your rules or under your roof... So, you can cry all you want about it, and we will disagree just the same... You do not get to dictate how every one else lives or raises their child.. you don't pay for that child, you don't accept responsibility for that child, and you certainly have not done anything for that child... So go fuck yourself and get over it....

Reality check boss man.... You are not in charge...LOL

Last edited:

Sailing solo around the wold has inhearent risk and danger. Just as and all any sports do.

It does when experts say " NO ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THAT SEA ALONE AT THAT TIME" you fucking moron. It has NOTHING to do with consent and being in that sea at that time of year in an inadequate boat =/= to playing sports in anyway , shape, or form.

conhog, you been crying over this for over 24 hours straight now.... You haven't converted anyone and now you are losing respect by the post... get over yourself.. you are not the end all be all of life and child rearing.. And god help anyone who has to live with your OCD suffering ass....

We disagree, and whats more if there was any grounds for a child abuse case, they would prosecute by now... But despite jeraldo's blustering and dramatizations and the cries and screams of douchebags like you, they are not prosecuting... So, as far as a legal standpoint, your argument falls flat on its face...

now I am sorry to have to tell you this but, we are not your wife or girlfriend, we are not your kids, and we are not living by your rules or under your roof... So, you can cry all you want about it, and we will disagree just the same... You do not get to dictate how every one else lives or raises their child.. you don't pay for that child, you don't accept responsibility for that child, and you certainly have not done anything for that child... So go fuck yourself and get over it....

Well at least you admit she's a child , BUT seeings as how I pay taxes and those taxes go to pay for the government that saved her ass I certainly have done something for that child , you stupid fuck.

It does when experts say " NO ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THAT SEA ALONE AT THAT TIME" you fucking moron. It has NOTHING to do with consent and being in that sea at that time of year in an inadequate boat =/= to playing sports in anyway , shape, or form.

One more time for the dickhead who thinks he is always right..... Read it this time moron...

Well at least you admit she's a child , BUT seeings as how I pay taxes and those taxes go to pay for the government that saved her ass I certainly have done something for that child , you stupid fuck.

LOL, typical bullshit crying excuse.... HAHHAHHAHAHAHA!

Why arent they prosecuting moron? LOL.. Fuck you OCD man....:lol:

Feel free to demonstrate any instance where I've misrepresented myself.

Then, if you are feeling froggy, feel free to lay out your evidence that I post under any other handle than this.

Feel free to demonstrate any instance where I've misrepresented myself.

Then, if you are feeling froggy, feel free to lay out your evidence that I post under any other handle than this.

oh let me see, the time you tried to claim a higher education to stifle debate... And then there is the time you claimed you do not work with any other poster to attack or plan, yet just in your previous post you basically admitted as much...

Evidence? Uhm.... its the internet, where you can use a proxy server fro free or use Two pc's and a router to play dual roles on here anytime you choose... THe only evidence one could get would be to use your IP, and thanks to the things I mentioned you can hide or disguise that easily.. So evidence is null and you know it.... But it doesn't change the fact you act like at least a couple other posters on here.. Same style, same "im educated so you shut up now" shtick.... Gimme a break your a proxy boy..:lol:

unless the world is full of idiotic juveniles just like you....:lol:

oh let me see, the time you tried to claim a higher education to stifle debate... And then there is the time you claimed you do not work with any other poster to attack or plan, yet just in your previous post you basically admitted as much...

When and where did I do that slackass? We've already established that you found out about my education level from another poster.

Evidence? Uhm.... its the internet, where you can use a proxy server fro free or use Two pc's and a router to play dual roles on here anytime you choose... THe only evidence one could get would be to use your IP, and thanks to the things I mentioned you can hide or disguise that easily.. So evidence is null and you know it.... But it doesn't change the fact you act like at least a couple other posters on here.. Same style, same "im educated so you shut up now" shtick.... Gimme a break your a proxy boy..:lol:

I'll tell you this right now, fuckstick, and I could give a damn if you believe me or not.

I've never posted here under any other name than "geauxtohell". Your are entitled to your beliefs, but they are wrong. Furthermore, even if you were right, you just admitted you could never prove it. So where does that leave your dumb-ass? You just admitted that you are in the habit of making accusations that you can't prove.

Now, where else have I misrepresented myself?

Forum List

Back