Wouldn't This be Considered Child Abuse.

Letting a 16 year old sail around the world.:eusa_eh:

Ther is no way I would let my babygirl go on such a journey, but then again, I dont know that young lady. Im sure her parents are second guessing their decision, but that is between them and their God now.

From what I hear, she is very experienced for her age. Grew up on the water.

It would be child abuse if her parents lashed her to the main sail and sent her off. But.... I see this as just another dumbassed threads by the Prince of Dumbassed Threads. Be careful froggy.... Dainty may hunt you down and kill you rather than have you snatch his crown.

It would be child abuse if her parents lashed her to the main sail and sent her off. But.... I see this as just another dumbassed threads by the Prince of Dumbassed Threads. Be careful froggy.... Dainty may hunt you down and kill you rather than have you snatch his crown.

What if all the did was let her get drunk??????????

How fucking lame.

The "age of majority" is an arbitrary legal definition and someone of you are acting like it actually means anything.

Do any of you know history? Do you know how long the idea of adolescence has existed? 100 years ago this wouldn't have been a big deal. Now we want to keep people young as long as possible. It's soooo much easier to market shit no one needs to a 40 year old when they have the maturity of a 13 year old.

Ask yourself why. Seriously, what is the benefit to keeping "young people" young and not responsible for themselves? This has been a trend of the last 100 years. Do you think things have gotten better? Are young people smarter? More responsible? More capable?

Child abuse to let a "kid" experience life? Only in a Liberal world gone mad (er... liberal).

What if all the did was let her get drunk??????????

Can we focus on the topic and not stupid, slightly ridiculous "comparisons"?

And....one question mark is sufficinent!!!!!!

No I don't consider this child abuse. She wanted to go and try sailing around the world, and the parents gave their consent. Rather like training for the Olympics and going for the gold, don't you think?

No I don't consider this child abuse. She wanted to go and try sailing around the world, and the parents gave their consent. Rather like training for the Olympics and going for the gold, don't you think?

Yeah, perfect comparison if going for the gold meant being on your own in a dangerous environment for several months.

OMG Sweet Jesus when did people become so fucking stupid as to think a 16 y/o girl should be able to CHOOSE to do something like this?

If you think that please for the sake of your children give them up for adoption, if you haven't any children , please report for sterilization because YOU ARE TOO FUCKING STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE TO HAVE KIDS.

no i don't consider this child abuse. She wanted to go and try sailing around the world, and the parents gave their consent. Rather like training for the olympics and going for the gold, don't you think?

yeah, perfect comparison if going for the gold meant being on your own in a dangerous environment for several months.

Omg sweet jesus when did people become so fucking stupid as to think a 16 y/o girl should be able to choose to do something like this?

If you think that please for the sake of your children give them up for adoption, if you haven't any children , please report for sterilization because you are too fucking stupid and irresponsible to have kids.

posting big text in bright colors does not make you right!

Conhog you must have been a very stunted 16 year old then.

Last edited:

If by stunted you meant "Oh you must be a responsible adult who understands that children shouldn't always get whatever they want" Then yes, my teenager is stunted and so will be my 2 year old when she gets to be that age.

PS Cali Girl, you better hurry up and neg rep syrenn for talking about parenting in a thread about parenting BAHAHAHAHAA

Last edited:
Beating a child with a whip is child abuse.
Locking a child in the basement is child abuse.
Not providing food and medical care is child abuse.
Teaching a child to be an adult is not abuse, unless you are from California.

If by stunted you meant "Oh you must be a responsible adult who understands that children shouldn't always get whatever they want" Then yes, my teenager is stunted and so will be my 2 year old when she gets to be that age.

Many teens are MORE competent, mature and responsible than a good deal of adults. My guess is this girl is one of them.

If yours are not then please keep making decisions for them. That is for you to decide for your children. This girls parents obviously though she was qualified and competent enough to make the attempted voyage.

Forum List

Back