~Would You Take A Life??~

Or maybe that should read, COULD you take a life??

If so, can you describe what would motivate you to take another's life??

Can and have, Dabs; most people here who know me know where and why. Now, for the rest of you, who have never had to make that choice, in combat or civilian life, let me echo some other advice, and give you a little of my own.

First, NO ONE knows for sure whether he/she can kill, until put in a situation where the decision has to be made. I've seen well-trained soldiers freeze on the trigger.

Second, KILLING IS NOT A GAME! It is not a macho posturing contest, either! War, or a self-defense situation, is not a videogame or a movie. The blood, the feelings, all of it is very very real, and there are no second chances. You cannot undo anything. Those of you who have not had the experience, know this:the first time you pull the trigger on a human target, or slit a human throat, or stick a bayonet in a human being's gut and twist it, YOU WILL BE CHANGED, PERMANENTLY. You may or may not lose any sleep over it, but you WILL carry those changed emotions with you, for the rest of your life, and you WILL carry the memories of it with you for the rest of your life.

You may do it because duty demands it, you may do it for self-preservation, you may do it to protect those around you; but no matter how well-justified you are, legally and morally, you will have to come to terms with what you have done. The act itself is easy, physically; the rest, is the hard part. Everyone who has to do it comes to his/her own way of dealing with it, some more easily than others. It may well save your life, or the lives of others, but it will cost you a little piece of your own humanity.

Fucking braggart :cuckoo:

Huh?:dunno:

Hey..it's my thread, I started it- I don't care if y'all hijacked it :lol:
Everyone is having fun, am I right??
That's all that matters, we're not throwing shit at each other :poop:

Master Derailer, at your service. :eusa_angel:

It's always in good fun though and usually ends up either in sex or chocolate. Or on the best of days - both. :D

I got your chocolate right here, young lady.

Can and have, Dabs; most people here who know me know where and why. Now, for the rest of you, who have never had to make that choice, in combat or civilian life, let me echo some other advice, and give you a little of my own.

First, NO ONE knows for sure whether he/she can kill, until put in a situation where the decision has to be made. I've seen well-trained soldiers freeze on the trigger.

Second, KILLING IS NOT A GAME! It is not a macho posturing contest, either! War, or a self-defense situation, is not a videogame or a movie. The blood, the feelings, all of it is very very real, and there are no second chances. You cannot undo anything. Those of you who have not had the experience, know this:the first time you pull the trigger on a human target, or slit a human throat, or stick a bayonet in a human being's gut and twist it, YOU WILL BE CHANGED, PERMANENTLY. You may or may not lose any sleep over it, but you WILL carry those changed emotions with you, for the rest of your life, and you WILL carry the memories of it with you for the rest of your life.

You may do it because duty demands it, you may do it for self-preservation, you may do it to protect those around you; but no matter how well-justified you are, legally and morally, you will have to come to terms with what you have done. The act itself is easy, physically; the rest, is the hard part. Everyone who has to do it comes to his/her own way of dealing with it, some more easily than others. It may well save your life, or the lives of others, but it will cost you a little piece of your own humanity.

Fucking braggart :cuckoo:

Huh?:dunno:

I was busting chops on another poster for calling me a braggart for posting nearly the same thing as you did brah.

A poster I might add who strangely hauled ass as soon as her lies were exposed. Fucking coward, and she expects us to believe she could pull the trigger...........

I meant off the sheets, and walls, and ceiling. Also , chocolate tends to clog the jacuzzi filter, whereas whipped cream dissolves.

You must be really messy, Brain.

And couldn't you just turn the jacuzzi into a giant chocolate pool? :eusa_drool:

chocolate+pool.jpg

Hmmm add some whipped cream and some Phoenix and you've got a tasty hot fudge sundae.

If you like nuts on your sundae, there's always rdean.

Not a cheap date are you? I buy Hershey's syrup by the case.

Dove's not too expensive. Where I get expensive is the steak - filet mignon. :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool:

And on that happy, yummy thought, I believe I'd best turn in and get my tolerable sleep. Sweet dreams, fellas. ;)

You poor uneducated thing, you really think the filet is the best cut of steak?

180 day dry aged porterhouse.

I was busting chops on another poster for calling me a braggart for posting nearly the same thing as you did brah.

A poster I might add who strangely hauled ass as soon as her lies were exposed. Fucking coward, and she expects us to believe she could pull the trigger...........

Ok, got it now. I missed that exchange; went back and found it. I still don't know why she said that to you, though; didn't make sense to me, since all you did was answer Dabs' question, like I did. Just amazes me how some here said "Sure I could!" like it was nothing, which you, I, and some others here know just isn't the way it is.

Ok, got it now. I missed that exchange; went back and found it. I still don't know why she said that to you, though; didn't make sense to me, since all you did was answer Dabs' question, like I did. Just amazes me how some here said "Sure I could!" like it was nothing, which you, I, and some others here know just isn't the way it is.

Which is of course all I said and used my own personal experience as reference of having some sort of authority on the matter over someone who has never done so. But Syrenn has some imaginary grudge against me and so takes shots at me that don't even make sense. I was just using your post to take a shot back at her, not at you. Notice she hauled ass from this thread.

Forum List

Back