~Would You Take A Life??~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Or maybe that should read, COULD you take a life??

If so, can you describe what would motivate you to take another's life??

My 11 year old daughter would be the only thing that would cause me to kill someone I think.
I have some respect for those that let the law deal with paedophiles and such...I'm not sure if I could be that controlled.

Under the right circumstance pretty much everybody could kill.

We are, after all, a species of KILLER APES.

The patina of civility most of us have stems from the fact that most of us do not have to kill to survive.

Last edited:
Yes and without hesitation. It would require a threat to my well being or the well being of another.
A serious threat.

Threat to your well being???

That covers alot of area. A threat to someone's well being could be ruining your high-score on Call To Duty: Black Ops.

I think it has to be a matter of survival, not just well being.

But seriously, folks . . .

If you live in a state that utilizes capital punishment, you can (and DO) kill other humans all the time. When they shoot the juice, it is being shot in the name of "The PEOPLE of the State of . . . "

That's YOU, brother (and sister).

I doubt it.

I truly beleave I could not personally end another life. I would fight for my or my families safety, but I could not kill another person intentionally.

I'd like to think that I could, but I don't have that switch in my head.

Or maybe that should read, COULD you take a life??

If so, can you describe what would motivate you to take another's life??

One of the first questions I ask people who want to buy a gun for self-defense is "would you be able to pull the trigger?" If there is any hesitation or if they respond with "I'd try to shoot them in the leg," I tell them they might want to get a taser or carry mace instead.

Self defense, and defense of my family as in life threatening. Take my stuff, okay. Take my wife, not okay. When I wore the uniform, to kill the enemy under the rules of engagement. Would still do so if we ever got invaded.

Yes, I most definitely COULD and WOULD do so in the defense of myself, my family, my friends, and/or my personal property. Regardless of whether the event were to occur in my home or in a public place.

If there was immediate threat to myself, my child, other family or friends I would with no hesitation. If someone I didn't know was in danger and I had the means to do so I would do the same. I have already twice had to make the heartbreaking decision to take life. While some may argue otherwise, the choice had to be made and I know in my heart I made the right one. I have aborted two of my own children in the past 6 years. I welcome the naysayers, but I find peace in my decisions.

I could if I felt it was necessary. "Necessary for what" you ask? Thats hard to say.

I find it difficult (and pointless) to lay out a bunch of "shoot/no shoot" situations, but I carry a gun every day for the defense of myself and my family with the knowledge that I can and will shoot if I feel it is necessary.

Depending on the situation I may also use it to defend another, but that is less likely simply because unknown situations usually have a back story that you don't know about. If its possible to just call the cops and be a good witness without someone being killed that is probably the route I will take.

Basically, if someone puts me into a situation where I have to choose to protect myself or my loved ones from them, I will take the necessary steps to stop the threat.

Forum List

Back