~Would You Take A Life??~

:lol::lol:

You're right here conjob, just with a different name. So long as you are here, conjob is here. A new user name makes no difference. So who needs a life liar?

That's your claim of course, but you have no proof. I seem to remember you saying you would wait for Gunny. Well Gunny didn't give you what you wanted, so now what are you waiting for? I think you are in love with ConHog and when the real poster is not here you just pretend another poster is him. It's called transference, and I find it quite creepy.

I also find you to be a HUGE hypocrite and a liar. But unlike your claim that I am ConHog, my claims are proven in this very thread where I am the only person you called out for relating a personal story related to the OP and also where you lied and claimed I was the only to do so when you YOURSELF had done so.

You shit is weak. I know you think your funny and popular, but you're not. Notice that once again you stand alone (except for Grace who exposed her own bias when she got caught misreading one of my posts.) Meanwhile at least 4 other posters in the thread have said that you are crazy.

It's hilarious that you expose yourself as you attempt to expose me.

I didn't get caught doing jack shit, bubba. I know what I read and I responded the way I felt like responding.
YOUR problem is I refused to jump on your pm bandwagon railing against those you have a problem with. First you started with Bod. Now you start with me. Hmmm. Smoke=fire.

If you know what you read, why did you say that I was saying that our troops were sociopaths if they didn't stop and think before shooting when I made it VERY clear that soldiers train until their instinct is gone and they simply react? You fucked up, deal with it. This has nothing to do with Bode either. She's not in this thread.

Here's your post Grace

Really.
Here's a question for ya. Is that big assed brush you're carrying around getting heavy?

Ma'am it's a fact. I'm not going to debate it with you, there is nothing to debate. Humans are SUPPOSED to hesitate before killing each other. Those who don't are either fucked up or had the instinct trained out of them.

Again. Really?
We are supposed to hesitate. Better tell our soldiers that over there in iraq. Hesitate. Then fire. Otherwise they are fucked up.

Clearly you are trying to make it seem like I said our soldiers are fucked up if they don't hesitate and just as clearly I made it very clear that a person could be trained to ignore their natural inclination, which soldiers are.

Deny whatever you want, but you either misread, or deliberately made something up to suit YOUR agenda

Last edited:
If you had a real life you wouldn't be running around this board obsessing about a poster who isn't eve on the member's list anymore.

You're right here conjob, just with a different name. So long as you are here, conjob is here. A new user name makes no difference. So who needs a life liar?

That's your claim of course, but you have no proof. I seem to remember you saying you would wait for Gunny. Well Gunny didn't give you what you wanted, so now what are you waiting for? I think you are in love with ConHog and when the real poster is not here you just pretend another poster is him. It's called transference, and I find it quite creepy.

I also find you to be a HUGE hypocrite and a liar. But unlike your claim that I am ConHog, my claims are proven in this very thread where I am the only person you called out for relating a personal story related to the OP and also where you lied and claimed I was the only to do so when you YOURSELF had done so.

You shit is weak. I know you think your funny and popular, but you're not. Notice that once again you stand alone (except for Grace who exposed her own bias when she got caught misreading one of my posts.) Meanwhile at least 4 other posters in the thread have said that you are crazy.

Still have that problem of running abound dumping one thread into another?

LMAO... i know you were just WAITING for someone else to say they have killed. :lol: aawww still trying to tell people who they call out? Sad.

No "attempt" needed conjob. Just about everyone knows who you are.

You mean gunny has not given you what YOU want. No one has come out defending you that you are NOT conjob. Even in this incarnation you are blowing it.

Get a life.

LMAO... i know you were just WAITING for someone else to say they have killed. :lol: aawww still trying to tell people who they call out? Sad.

You mean gunny has not given you what YOU want. No one has come out defending you that you are NOT conjob. Even in this incarnation you are blowing it.

Get a life.

1. Where did I dump any other thread into this one? Maybe you should speak to your friend Grace who for some strange reasone brought Bode into the discussion

2. Other people had already told personal stories before you claimed I and I alone was bragging when I mentioned mine.

3. I am not the one who announced on the board that I was waiting for something from Gunny. If you want to believe you know something because Gunny won't prove a negative, that's on you. Hilarious that you ADMIT you expect someone to prove a negative. If you want to prove I'm conhog, the burden is on you to prove it, it isn't my burden to prove your claims aren't true. Moron.

4. We see who doesn't have a life. The idiot who is obsessing all over this thread over who another poster may or may not be. The fact of the matter is you know you fucked this thread up and have no basis to argue ANYTHING because you were a total idiot here so instead you are trying to deflect and change the topic to me supposedly being ConHog. Nice try, but no one is buying. You got your little ass handed to you for stupidly claiming that I was bragging even though I made it clear that I was in noway proud or boastful of doing what I had to do and you don't like it. Tough shit , deal with it.

Get a life.

1. Where did I dump any other thread into this one? Maybe you should speak to your friend Grace who for some strange reasone brought Bode into the discussion

2. Other people had already told personal stories before you claimed I and I alone was bragging when I mentioned mine.

3. I am not the one who announced on the board that I was waiting for something from Gunny. If you want to believe you know something because Gunny won't prove a negative, that's on you. Hilarious that you ADMIT you expect someone to prove a negative. If you want to prove I'm conhog, the burden is on you to prove it, it isn't my burden to prove your claims aren't true. Moron.

4. We see who doesn't have a life. The idiot who is obsessing all over this thread over who another poster may or may not be. The fact of the matter is you know you fucked this thread up and have no basis to argue ANYTHING because you were a total idiot here so instead you are trying to deflect and change the topic to me supposedly being ConHog. Nice try, but no one is buying. You got your little ass handed to you for stupidly claiming that I was bragging even though I made it clear that I was in noway proud or boastful of doing what I had to do and you don't like it. Tough shit , deal with it.

Yeah. She is my friend. Can you address her without bringing me in to it? No? Figures.

Get a life.

:lol::lol::lol:

Where do i ask gunny for anything in THIS thread...and WHO brings it up? YOU do. :lol:

That would be dumping a different thread into this one and YOU bringing it up is YOU bringing up gunny. :lol:

You being conjob and my addressing you as such is not obsessing. Its calling a spade a spade. :lol:

Actually you are handing up your own ass...again. :lol:

Damn conjob you got a short memory.

:lol:

If we can get past the personal attacks for a moment....

THe way most of us are raised here in America, we have some pretty strong social, cultural and religious inhibitions against killing. It doesn't come naturally to most of us (which is why the military has to train combat troops to overcome those inhibitions). In the terror and extreme stress of combat, most will revert to trained instinct and react accordingly. Others simply never will. Studies the army did after WWII and Korea showed that about 25% of infantrymen in actual combat never fired their weapon. I would guess, based on personal observation, that that percentage was similar in a typical infantry company in Vietnam as well.

There's little time in combat to give much thought to the matter beyond that. Thinking about what one has done and processing that (along with everything else) comes later; it's there that emotions about it often become a complicating factor (if not a direct cause) of PTSD, just as it does in civilian situations

THe way most of us are raised here in America, we have some pretty strong social, cultural and religious inhibitions against killing. It doesn't come naturally to most of us (which is why the military has to train combat troops to overcome those inhibitions). In the terror and extreme stress of combat, most will revert to trained instinct and react accordingly. Others simply never will. Studies the army did after WWII and Korea showed that about 25% of infantrymen in actual combat never fired their weapon. I would guess, based on personal observation, that that percentage was similar in a typical infantry company in Vietnam as well.

There's little time in combat to give much thought to the matter beyond that. Thinking about what one has done and processing that (along with everything else) comes later; it's there that emotions about it often become a complicating factor (if not a direct cause) of PTSD, just as it does in civilian situations

Agreed.

But the question is still the same...could you or would you take a life.

Im not so sure I agree... But then Ive seen 8 year olds play Call of Duty and casually kill everyone without blinking.

Maybe for previous generations, but this current one... Let's just say Americans are going to be very violent.

Im not so sure I agree... But then Ive seen 8 year olds play Call of Duty and casually kill everyone without blinking.

Maybe for previous generations, but this current one... Let's just say Americans are going to be very violent.

You bring up a good point. Exposure to those sorts of stimuli can certainly alter a person's natural inclination to not kill. But the natural inclination is still to NOT kill.

For arguments/examples sake......a man grabs my child and tries to force her in his van. I have a weapon on me. She is kicking and screaming, he is dragging her to the open door. Do I hesitate? Think about what will happen if I pull the trigger? Even pull the gun out of my purse? Shoot him in the leg or just aim for the widest area..his back or his chest...wherever my child is NOT while fighting against his body?
No. I don't think. I shoot the fucker. Period. AFTERWARDS I will deal with the stress of what just happened and what I did. Wouldn't most of you???

For arguments/examples sake......a man grabs my child and tries to force her in his van. I have a weapon on me. She is kicking and screaming, he is dragging her to the open door. Do I hesitate? Think about what will happen if I pull the trigger? Even pull the gun out of my purse? Shoot him in the leg or just aim for the widest area..his back or his chest...wherever my child is NOT while fighting against his body?
No. I don't think. I shoot the fucker. Period. AFTERWARDS I will deal with the stress of what just happened and what I did. Wouldn't most of you???

Once again, NO most people would not.

Here's a study , it is a few years old, that shows that MOST people actually put themselves in MORE danger by having a weapon.

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed - science-in-society - 06 October 2009 - New Scientist

There is a reason that the military spends tens of thousands of dollars per soldier training them to react instead of analyze in situations that require action. Because if you don't have that training your mind will automatically begin the process of what if. You actually LESSEN the odds that a parent would shoot if you put their child between them and their target because only an idiot would start putting off shots in the direction of their child unless they were very skilled with a weapon which 99.9% of civilians are not.

That probably would lessen initial inhibitions; whether it would help anyone process the emotional aftermath is a different question, one I don't think we know the answer to.

Once again, NO most people would not.

Here's a study , it is a few years old, that shows that MOST people actually put themselves in MORE danger by having a weapon.

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed - science-in-society - 06 October 2009 - New Scientist

There is a reason that the military spends tens of thousands of dollars per soldier training them to react instead of analyze in situations that require action. Because if you don't have that training your mind will automatically begin the process of what if. You actually LESSEN the odds that a parent would shoot if you put their child between them and their target because only an idiot would start putting off shots in the direction of their child unless they were very skilled with a weapon which 99.9% of civilians are not.

I give up. Carry on.

Grace, part of that is a woman's instinct to protect her offspring, and as Gunny said earlier that's a powerful instinct in and of itself; actually, probably stronger than the instinct for self=preservation is in some people. That said, under stress, the average civilian can't hit a stationary man-sized target at ten feet with a pistol. let alone make a knockdown shot on a moving target with a hostage in front of him. That is why, if one chooses to carry a handgun, practice, and a very realistic appraisal of one's ability under duress is so very important.

I said before, I know how to fire a weapon and I am a very good shot. VERY good. One doesn't have to be in the service to know how to aim and fire, or take in the situation and act accordingly. The question was, would you kill someone...or rather, take a life. I said yes, if. Then the nitpicking started.
But like I said...I give up. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your reply.

NOW I'm done.

You poor uneducated thing, you really think the filet is the best cut of steak?

180 day dry aged porterhouse.

You can have the porterhouse, Brain. I'll stick with the filet. Just how I roll. :cool:

well, I mean if you insist on having the over priced second, or even third, best cut of steak. So be it. LOL

No, Seriously of course the filet is a very good cut of steak

I've never fired a gun, never held a gun, so what the hell good would it do for me to point one at somebody...or even threaten to shoot someone??
I am certain I couldn't do it.
Even if I could, I would surely miss.
I am so deathly afraid of guns, if there is one in somebody's house and they get it out to show me, I am out the door.
If I had to be forced to protect my family, I would find a way I'm sure, I just don't know what I would do, and hopefully I won't ever have to find out.

You would do what you had to do. It may not involve a gun. The thing is, when you are fighting for your life, or you feel your life is in danger you will do what it takes to get out of that danger. Get a dog and a can of mace. Even if you cant have a dog, your neighbors will do. Pay attention to when it barks and you have a cheap burglar alarm. Get a good can of mace. Not the little ones from walmart, but a big ass can of bear spray from one of the big out door catalogs. You can also buy tasers just like the cops carry to.

If it is a them or me situation I could do it. I wouldn't like it but I would shot. People who are not used to guns should buy a baseball bat for home protection. Hesitation will get you killed.

Forum List

Back