Would You Own A Slave?

I know its wrong but if you were rich and owning slaves were legal would you own someone? You might even justify that you wouldn't be mean to your slaves and if you didn't own them someone else would. Maybe someone not as nice as you.

And you own a company where the slaves cost you $10k a year each but a white worker would cost you $30k. We know right there every republican would say no brainer.

What if they were Isis captives? Assuming they wouldnt kill you in your sleep. Would you own one of bin Laden's lunch men?

Is this what basically happens when a rich american buys a mail order bride from a 3rd world country?
Are you pining for the good ol' days when Democrats ruled the South?

No, I wouldn't own a slave.

I know its wrong but if you were rich and owning slaves were legal would you own someone? You might even justify that you wouldn't be mean to your slaves and if you didn't own them someone else would. Maybe someone not as nice as you.

And you own a company where the slaves cost you $10k a year each but a white worker would cost you $30k. We know right there every republican would say no brainer.

What if they were Isis captives? Assuming they wouldnt kill you in your sleep. Would you own one of bin Laden's lunch men?

Is this what basically happens when a rich american buys a mail order bride from a 3rd world country?
Which kind of slave? Chattel, indentured servant, etc...

Would I own a slave?

Until recently I thought not but, given that Obama is in sore need of work......
How about this. I thought of a great small business! I will sell myself to the highest bidder. And anyone can do this.

We all know most Americans have no savings and Republicans are most likely going to dismantle social security and Medicare so a lot of old Americans are going to die broke. With slavery older Americans with no money can move in with a family and be their house slave. They don't get paid but they get free room and board.

For now someone younger and healthier like me I could sell myself to the highest bidder. In the beginning people will pay top dollar. I would want $100k a year to be some rich guys slave but eventually the market will become saturated with slaves. Corporations will start hiring slaves instead of workers.

Are you pining for the good ol' days when Democrats ruled the South?

No, I wouldn't own a slave.
I would. They would have to enter into the contract willingly and you can't physically abuse them but isn't that what a live in maid and Butler is?

Go cut the grass, clip my toenails, go to the grocery store, walk the dog, cook dinner and of course blow me.

As asked, the hypothetical could apply to another time. If one were transported to the Roman era, some circumstances might well allow for owning a 'slave' to the benefit of all. It is more of a state of mind, after all. If you understand it is impossible to truly 'own' another human, both you and the 'slave' are spared a lot of grief. It must be realized, at the same time that we discuss this subject, that those in power, presently as in the past, have the mindset of owning the people.

As asked, the hypothetical could apply to another time. If one were transported to the Roman era, some circumstances might well allow for owning a 'slave' to the benefit of all. It is more of a state of mind, after all. If you understand it is impossible to truly 'own' another human, both you and the 'slave' are spared a lot of grief. It must be realized, at the same time that we discuss this subject, that those in power, presently as in the past, have the mindset of owning the people.
I could see instead of prisoners we put criminals out to work for farmers, building the wall or any other public service jobs that Americans won't do or if it's going to cost tax payers we should use prisoners instead of companies. Just government needs. Private Corporations can't buy prisoners except maybe farmers.

Would I own a slave?

Until recently I thought not but, given that Obama is in sore need of work......
How about this. I thought of a great small business! I will sell myself to the highest bidder. And anyone can do this.

We all know most Americans have no savings and Republicans are most likely going to dismantle social security and Medicare so a lot of old Americans are going to die broke. With slavery older Americans with no money can move in with a family and be their house slave. They don't get paid but they get free room and board.

For now someone younger and healthier like me I could sell myself to the highest bidder. In the beginning people will pay top dollar. I would want $100k a year to be some rich guys slave but eventually the market will become saturated with slaves. Corporations will start hiring slaves instead of workers.
Another "liquid lunch", Sealy?

I could see instead of prisoners we put criminals out to work for farmers, building the wall or any other public service jobs that Americans won't do or if it's going to cost tax payers we should use prisoners instead of companies. Just government needs. Private Corporations can't buy prisoners except maybe farmers.
According to the documentary "13th", that's already being done.

13th (2016) - IMDb

This is really interesting. I didn't know so many black people were involved in slavery as owners :disbelief:
Africa is full of countries that still have slavery. Most slaves in the 1700-1800s were acquired from slave-selling African tribes. It's not like those Dutchmen and Brits ran around Africa capturing them. They simply traded fro them.

Slavery has been common throughout human history so it's not a "race" thing.

Slavery Today | Different Types of Human Trafficking - End Slavery Now

Walk Free - The Movement to End Modern Slavery

BusinessWorld | The global slavery index 2014
1120Slavery_FINAL1024.jpg

Last edited:
I would. They would have to enter into the contract willingly and you can't physically abuse them but isn't that what a live in maid and Butler is?

Go cut the grass, clip my toenails, go to the grocery store, walk the dog, cook dinner and of course blow me.
Wow! So, according to the far Left, seeking employment as a personal assistant for $100,000/year is now considered "slavery". Interesting.

More fucked up than Ted Kennedy at Chappaquiddick, but still interesting.

Wow! So, according to the far Left, seeking employment as a personal assistant for $100,000/year is now considered "slavery". Interesting.

I'm thinking I can charge more if I market myself as a slave

If you want to be a slave, try being an intern for the Clinton Foundation. :D

Or have kids and a wife..

Agreed. Working for the Clintons would be brutal.

Agreed. Working for the Clintons would be brutal.
I'd be flippin' da bird probably the first day..

Forum List

Back