Would You Or Wouldn't You?

Would You Or Wouldn't You?

• In A Friggin' Heartbeat

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No...That Wouldn't Be Right...I Don't Know If He Is Doing Anything Wrong - He Is Just Standing There

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Mr. P said:
No everything in the first IS not in the second. I will say that the second still leave "??????" about the subject in the cross-hairs.

Ok. What ????? are there?

I said it's my friend in Iraq. Unless you think I have Iraqi friends who are anti-American then the assumption is that is he an American.

Next..do you know of any American soldiers who would aim at one of their own? Joke or not?

Mr. P said:
Yer right about that! Looking through a scope does not an enemy make. Does it? :funnyface

Never mind.

If you honestly think that an American soldier would aim at a friendly for a joke, then there is no sense arguing with you.

You have lost it.

Mr. P said:
Yer right about that! Looking through a scope does not an enemy make. Does it? :funnyface

An Iraqi with an RPG looking for a target. We don't use Soviet-style RPGs, nor issue them to our allies. 'Nuf info for me. Drop the hammer.

GunnyL said:
An Iraqi with an RPG looking for a target. We don't use Soviet-style RPGs, nor issue them to our allies. 'Nuf info for me. Drop the hammer.

Now wait Gunny...that still isn't enough information for P.

Maybe one of our guys killed one of their guys and picked up the RPG.

Or..maybe one of our guys had a friend in Chicago who sent him an RPG via FEDEX to Iraq.

I think he still needs more info.

GunnyL said:
So, you know just from a pic this is a bad guy? I don't, not on this one anyway. Like I said before, do terrorist wear uniforms, or is this an Iraqi? :huh:

Mr. P said:
So, you know just from a pic this is a bad guy? I don't, not on this one anyway. Like I said before, do terrorist wear uniforms, or is this an Iraqi? :huh:

Terrorists wear uniforms or whatever the Hell else they want to. The difference between an Iraqi and an Arab is WHAT exactly?

If you are implying that it could be an Iraqi soldier, I highly doubt US personnel are deployed with Iraqi soldiers without knowing who is who. That would be begging for trouble. A US sniper would not be targetting a friendly.

Mr. P said:
Look at the pic. You got it, right. Wish I had a copy, I'd show ya.

The white car that's in the left of the pic is still in the smaller pic as posted.. So, now what are you talking about? Nothing has been cropped, cut off, or in any other way altered. The pic was sized from 2500 to 500 to fit on the screen. Nothing more.

Shattered said:
The white car that's in the left of the pic is still in the smaller pic as posted.. So, now what are you talking about? Nothing has been cropped, cut off, or in any other way altered. The pic was sized from 2500 to 500 to fit on the screen. Nothing more.
I don't see that..my screen I guess.

Not enough info in the pic to 'slam the hammer'...and yes guys in combat still retain a sense of humor so it could have been a joke...or it could have been sighting for range on another target of aquisition....to pull the trigger takes alot of consideration, you are taking the life of someone...it is best to be sure of the target before the target is exterminated...especially when the target is in the cross hair of a sniper scope...more time to verify vs hot combat where time is essential! Friendly fire deaths can be reduced by making sure the target is a target that is a threat! IMO with a little experience to draw from!

archangel said:
Not enough info in the pic to 'slam the hammer'...and yes guys in combat still retain a sense of humor so it could have been a joke...or it could have been sighting for range on another target of aquisition....to pull the trigger takes alot of consideration, you are taking the life of someone...it is best to be sure of the target before the target is exterminated...especially when the target is in the cross hair of a sniper scope...more time to verify vs hot combat where time is essential! Friendly fire deaths can be reduced by making sure the target is a target that is a threat! IMO with a little experience to draw from!

True enough. However, the weapon in his hands is an RPG, a low tech tank killer whose only advance since the German panzerfaust is cost reduction. The U.S., and military forces supplied by us, carry the more technologically advanced LAW, which doesn't mount the round of the front, but is instead internally carried.

The RPG, on the other hand, is a cheap, easy to use weapon that is typically used by third world militias and terrorist groups.

Hobbit said:
True enough. However, the weapon in his hands is an RPG, a low tech tank killer whose only advance since the German panzerfaust is cost reduction. The U.S., and military forces supplied by us, carry the more technologically advanced LAW, which doesn't mount the round of the front, but is instead internally carried.

The RPG, on the other hand, is a cheap, easy to use weapon that is typically used by third world militias and terrorist groups.

type...they were in use in Vietnam during my era...as a matter of fact I lost a friend who was cut in half by one as a tank commander...this does not diminish the fact that the photo is a still...not enough info to 'slam the hammer'....if it were a video then we would have more info as to what exactly this person of interest was in fact doing. Was he just a joke or was he just using a weapon he picked up on the battlefield? This is common as anyone who was in combat knows...weapons are frequently picked up and used against the enemy...just food for thought! I was not in the photo so I am just basing my opinion on the one photo....gotta a problem with that? If so I am sorry! :huh:

You can only shoot if the person is an immidiate threat otherwise you are up on court martial.Keep him in your sites whilst your section advance within shouting distance and tell him to drop his weapon and strip.
These are the rules professional soldiers are handicapped by in Iraq.

On a personal note i would have no qualms about shooting him in the back.Just a pity he is awake. :)

taff said:
You can only shoot if the person is an immidiate threat otherwise you are up on court martial.Keep him in your sites whilst your section advance within shouting distance and tell him to drop his weapon and strip.
These are the rules professional soldiers are handicapped by in Iraq.

On a personal note i would have no qualms about shooting him in the back.Just a pity he is awake. :)

all soldiers of a legitiment government are obligated too...I for one feel alot of friendly fire mishaps could be avoided if the person who has the finger on the trigger uses more judgment and less emotion...you of all people should be aware of this..ie: the mishap of the US Air Force bombing of freindly UK forces in Afghanistan not to long ago...no? If the threat is imminent as in hot LZ's or firefights then more mistakes can be excused...but not when the scenario, as presented in the pic...as in a sniper scope... this is just pure amateur speculation and for fun...IMO!

Forum List

Back