Would You Or Wouldn't You?

Would You Or Wouldn't You?

• In A Friggin' Heartbeat

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No...That Wouldn't Be Right...I Don't Know If He Is Doing Anything Wrong - He Is Just Standing There

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
taff said:
You can only shoot if the person is an immidiate threat otherwise you are up on court martial.Keep him in your sites whilst your section advance within shouting distance and tell him to drop his weapon and strip.
These are the rules professional soldiers are handicapped by in Iraq.

On a personal note i would have no qualms about shooting him in the back.Just a pity he is awake. :)

In a combat environment, enemy soldier's are fair game whether or not they are shooting at you, or an "immediate threat."

Reading WAY too far into the pic. Why does ANYONE assume the target is anything more than what it is? An enemy combatant armed with a Soviet-style RPG.

Mr. P said:
A joke, right?

No joke. Legit question. You use Iraqi as an identifier as if it somehow sets Iraqis apart from Arabs and/or Arab terrorists. Iraqis are Arabs, so the ethnicity of the man would not be a proper identifier when used in an attempt to decide what his intentions are.

GunnyL said:
In a combat environment, enemy soldier's are fair game whether or not they are shooting at you, or an "immediate threat."

Reading WAY too far into the pic. Why does ANYONE assume the target is anything more than what it is? An enemy combatant armed with a Soviet-style RPG.

And let's not even consider the fact that I started the thread - and told everybody what the picture portrayed.

Please....not enough info. I gave everyone the info.

GotZoom said:
And let's not even consider the fact that I started the thread - and told everybody what the picture portrayed.

Please....not enough info. I gave everyone the info.
You gave this...
Considering this is from my friend in Iraq....the guy in the cross-hairs is not a friendly.
Hardly the info needed to decide on a trigger pull by cyber armchair Soldiers, unless they just react, instead of think. :scratch:

GunnyL said:

Why do you assume it is an enemy combatant? Just because of the RPG?

Mr. P said:
You gave this...
Hardly the info needed to decide on a trigger pull by cyber armchair Soldiers, unless they just react, instead of think. :scratch:

Only if my word isn't good enough. And since I started the thread, the assumption that the guy is not a friendly should be pretty easy.

Mr. P said:
Life/death, I tend to NOT assume.

I really don't know why I am doing this but...

Ok...let me explain this to you....very basic English.

1. The guy holding the rifle is an American soldier.

2. The guy in the cross hairs is NOT a friendly.

I know this because this is what I was told by the individual who sent me the email. I believe him. Without fail.

No question. No doubt. The guy in the crosshairs is NOT a friendly.

No assumption.

Fact.

Mr. P said:
Why do you assume it is an enemy combatant? Just because of the RPG?

He is holding a Soviet-style RPG "at the ready" near a road. Last I checked, neither US forces nor Iraqi security forces were using Soviet-style RPGs to attack vehicles tooling down the road.

Islamic terrorists however are infamous for it.

The uniform and pack are not current US issue.

Mr. P said:
Coulda said that to start with, zoomer.

I think my previous posts made it pretty clear. Of course, you had to use a little bit of intelligence and...yes...a little assumption also.

You may have been too busy trying to figure out what was missing when you compared picture 1 to picture 2.

No worries.

GunnyL said:
He is holding a Soviet-style RPG "at the ready" near a road. Last I checked, neither US forces nor Iraqi security forces were using Soviet-style RPGs to attack vehicles tooling down the road.

Islamic terrorists however are infamous for it.

The uniform and pack are not current US issue.
I know all that, and agree, but it PROVES nothing really.

GotZoom said:
I think my previous posts made it pretty clear. Of course, you had to use a little bit of intelligence and...yes...a little assumption also.

You may have been too busy trying to figure out what was missing when you compared picture 1 to picture 2.

No worries.
Right, whatever.

Mr. P said:
I know all that, and agree, but it PROVES nothing really.

Au contrare ..... it proves he is not a friendly, and his intentions probably don't coincide with a quiet, peaceful conclusion, or he would be carrying a bouquet, not an RPG.

WE are paying the shooter to make the decision. In the position of the shooter, I'm dropping the hammer. In the "been there done that" department, I feel fully-qualified to make the decision.

Mr. P said:
Right, whatever.

When you date, or dated before you were married, did you insist the woman get naked in front of you before you were convinced she was, in fact, a woman?

GotZoom said:
When you date, or dated before you were married, did you insist the woman get naked in front of you before you were convinced she was, in fact, a woman?

why are you attacking Mr.P...How many people did ya pull the trigger on...my guess is zero! If you haven't been there, then this is just rhetoric...have a nice night!
:read:

GotZoom said:
iraq.jpg

What is that phrase,, one bullet, one kill?

I would rather have my finger on the trigger with this picture in my view, rather than the gentleman, who is holding the RPG, looking at my back.. NUFF SAID!

Working Man said:
What is that phrase,, one bullet, one kill?

I would rather have my finger on the trigger with this picture in my view, rather than the gentleman, who is holding the RPG, looking at my back.. NUFF SAID!

and how many times did ya pull the trigger?This is such a BS thread...armchair quarterbacks...with no conscience to pull from...one hail Mary and one Our Father for ya...

archangel said:
and how many times did ya pull the trigger?This is such a BS thread...armchair quarterbacks...with no conscience to pull from...one hail Mary and one Our Father for ya...

I have never done it, for real. I am thankful. But, I do encourage people to carry, in particular in this phase of lawless and disorder,, which the liberals created in America.

If I were thrust into the situation which many young American men, and women, find themselves today,,,, I would probably, no joke, squeeze a round at the target shown.

Looking at the Pix coming on TV everynight,, the profiles of the dead soldiers, the tears in the eyes of their remaining loved ones,,, it's a war. Deal with it.

archangel said:

It started out tongue-in-cheek. Lighten up, ajax.

Forum List

Back