Would You Have Supported Rosa Park's Silent Protest?

Would You Have Supported Rosa Parks et al during That Time?

• Yes

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
My point, Marc, is that Colin Kaepernick alienated more people than the ones that had the light bulb go off. I have attended maybe four or five sporting events since I had my epiphany six years ago. Before they want us to stand for the national anthem? I get up and go take a piss or get in the concession line. There are people that are not as awake as we are that take umbrage with disrespecting the corporate banner because they either have a relative or know someone that is in the military that died doing what they thought was their duty or know someone that came home missing a limb because they fought and served this corporate entity. Education is the key and it has to be done gently...trust me on this because I was like a bull in a china closet at first. I had all this information and I ran out into"cyberville" waving my hands saying "YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TOO!!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!". The people have been lied to for so long and they have been programmed, dumbed down all their lives that you have to lead them to the truth gently. I am guilty of striking out because the truth is so fucking clear to me that I get pissed that others can't see it.

It's a thankless endeavor.......there are very few rewards but it's the cross that we have to bear. You are not alone...so don't be discouraged. Try and temper your message so that it's better received and that is advice that I should heed as well. We are kindred souls.
This is the message blacks have received for decades in this country. It never ends.

I understand the point of view your're coming from, and I reject it. Reason being. Get this, the message being sent to blacks yearly, monthly, weekly, hourly is that it's more important to whites to enjoy their favorite entertainment uninterrupted, than to consider the injustices going around right in front their noses. Muchless do something about it.

Think about that.
A lot of whitey's are still trying to get over Barry.

Rosa Parks yes.
Colin Kapernick no.

They were protesting the same thing. So it's safe say that if we all were alive at that time, you would not have supported Parks. You see foodoomus, it's easy for whites like you to say you would support a historic achievement 60 years after its done with the person dead and recognized as an American hero. But during the action is when it counts. At this moment Kapernick is right and he stands on the proper side of history alongside Parks..

it's easy for whites like you to say you would support a historic achievement 60 years after its done with the person dead and recognized as an American hero.
??? What part of the first clause in the OP did you not understand?
Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting
The OP-er asks not what one'd have done were one alive then and he does predicate that one answer the thread question based on one's current social justice views, not on what may have been one's views in the 1950s, or, for that matter, any point in time prior to the moment when one read the question and posts one's answer to it.

Focus on the question the OP-er asked. Don't try to turn the question he asked into one he didn't ask.

I'll do what I want.

Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting, the 1st Amendment right and law enforcement, what side would you have fell on during Rosa Park's era, when she decided that enough was enough and she was not going to be subjugated to go to the back of the bus for another human being no better or worse than she is simply because of her color?

What say you, and why?

Yes. But I would have supported in a different way. That protest COULD have been and SHOULD have been a catalyst to mobilize the Black citizens of that area to pool their resources to form a black owned bus company.

The major issue with that protest was missed opportunity. Those backwards white southerners despised the black residents of that city and not just that one city, it was all over that region.

MLK'S "Dream" should have been focused on economic independence versus fighting for the right to sit next to the oppresors.

King was moving in that direction before he got murdered. And I do agree with you. Yet before we could get economic independence we had to be able to vote and own property. For of we had no political pull we get zoned out of economic independence. I think that's where modem black leaders have failed. We do need to be fighting for economic equality at minimum..

Rosa Parks yes.
Colin Kapernick no.

They were protesting the same thing. So it's safe say that if we all were alive at that time, you would not have supported Parks. You see foodoomus, it's easy for whites like you to say you would support a historic achievement 60 years after its done with the person dead and recognized as an American hero. But during the action is when it counts. At this moment Kapernick is right and he stands on the proper side of history alongside Parks..

it's easy for whites like you to say you would support a historic achievement 60 years after its done with the person dead and recognized as an American hero.
??? What part of the first clause in the OP did you not understand?
Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting
The OP-er asks not what one'd have done were one alive then and he does predicate that one answer the thread question based on one's current social justice views, not on what may have been one's views in the 1950s, or, for that matter, any point in time prior to the moment when one read the question and posts one's answer to it.

Focus on the question the OP-er asked. Don't try to turn the question he asked into one he didn't ask.

I'll do what I want.
How droll.

I like to think I would have supported her.

Interesting fact- she was not the first black woman arrested for refusing to give up her seat to a white. That distinction belongs to Claudette Colvin.

Claudette Colvin - Wikipedia
The driver looked at them in his mirror. "He asked us both to get up. [Mrs. Hamilton] said she was not going to get up and that she had paid her fare and that she didn't feel like standing," recalls Colvin. "So I told him I was not going to get up either. So he said, 'If you are not going to get up, I will get a policeman.'" The police arrived and convinced a black man sitting behind the two women to move so that Mrs. Hamilton could move back, but Colvin still refused. She was forcibly removed from the bus and arrested by the two policemen, Thomas J. Ward and Paul Headley.[10][11][12] This event took place nine months before the NAACP secretary Rosa Parks was famously arrested for the same offense.[3] Claudette Colvin: "My mother told me to be quiet about what I did. She told me to let Rosa be the one: white people aren't going to bother Rosa, they like her".[4]
Everybody knows Rosa wasn't the first, not nearly.

Just like Jackie Robinson wasn't the best black baseball player in the Negro League, which was actually Satchel Paige, but Jackie was chosen because he was the perfect negro who wouldn't fight back and take all the spits, insults and even harm that came his way for simply playing ball with and beating the whites at it.

It's the same reason why your average white swear they love MLK for what he did, but also hate Malcolm X for what he did. Although they did the same exact thing, fight for their down-trodden and mistreated people's rights. Only difference is, one's stance was that I'll take your blows, insults and violence with a smile and try to shame you into acting right, the other one's stance was that if you try to abuse my rights prepare to die, because that's what it's going to take...aka by any means necessary.

Facts.
Marc, stop living in the past. Whenever you get on a bus, you can sit whereever you want, you can go into any restaurant and be served and you can drink out of the same drinking fountain as whites. Now, get a job.

Marc doesn't have to do a damn thing but since you claim he's living in the past you do this:

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

Interesting fact- she was not the first black woman arrested for refusing to give up her seat to a white. That distinction belongs to Claudette Colvin.

The driver looked at them in his mirror. "He asked us both to get up. [Mrs. Hamilton] said she was not going to get up and that she had paid her fare and that she didn't feel like standing," recalls Colvin. "So I told him I was not going to get up either. So he said, 'If you are not going to get up, I will get a policeman.'" The police arrived and convinced a black man sitting behind the two women to move so that Mrs. Hamilton could move back, but Colvin still refused. She was forcibly removed from the bus and arrested by the two policemen, Thomas J. Ward and Paul Headley.[10][11][12] This event took place nine months before the NAACP secretary Rosa Parks was famously arrested for the same offense.[3] Claudette Colvin: "My mother told me to be quiet about what I did. She told me to let Rosa be the one: white people aren't going to bother Rosa, they like her".[4]

Just like Jackie Robinson wasn't the best black baseball player in the Negro League, which was actually Satchel Paige, but Jackie was chosen because he was the perfect negro who wouldn't fight back and take all the spits, insults and even harm that came his way for simply playing ball with and beating the whites at it.

It's the same reason why your average white swear they love MLK for what he did, but also hate Malcolm X for what he did. Although they did the same exact thing, fight for their down-trodden and mistreated people's rights. Only difference is, one's stance was that I'll take your blows, insults and violence with a smile and try to shame you into acting right, the other one's stance was that if you try to abuse my rights prepare to die, because that's what it's going to take...aka by any means necessary.

Facts.
Marc, stop living in the past. Whenever you get on a bus, you can sit whereever you want, you can go into any restaurant and be served and you can drink out of the same drinking fountain as whites. Now, get a job.

Marc doesn't have to do a damn thing but since you claim he's living in the past you do this:

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

We are all chattel......we are all debt slaves regardless of the tint of our skin. Only the .0001 percent are truly free. HJR-192 and Senate Document # 43; SENATE RESOLUTION NO. 62 (Pg 9, Para 2) April 17, 1933. "The ultimate ownership of all property is in the State; individual so-called "ownership"is only by virtue of Government, i.e., law, amounting to mere user; and use must be in accordance with law and subordinate to the necessities of the State". This all happened starting in March of 1933. We lost allodial rights to property. The puppet masters owe all of us, white, black, latino, etc, etc because they have used our sweat equity to push their fiat currency. Some of us slaves (white, to be specific) have been treated better than our fellow slaves but at the end of the day, we are still slaves and the vast majority of us will never be allowed to accumulate enough wealth that we can live comfortably when we are no longer of use to the system. We are being phased out. The robotic age is going to make the "human resource" a liability to them. Like the mules and horses were replaced by the railroads....railroads were displaced (for the most part) by semi-trucks to move goods. By 2025, most jobs will be automated. Do you really believe that the robber barons are going to subsidize the majority of the population that no longer has any usable skills including the aged that do not contribute to society? Right under our nose, there is a mass depopulation agenda using a litany of tactics......I call it "death by a thousand cuts". It's not any single tactic but a cumulative effect of the minefield we walk through every day. Our food, water and air is poisoned. The vaccines we are encouraged to get......the 4G radio towers and wireless internet, smart meters that give off dangerous radiation to us.

Last edited:

Facts.

I don't have to do a thing. Just admit that the pendulum has swung too far as usual when a segment of the population feels they have a grievance against another group. Sure, slavery was horrible. Do we have slavery now? No. There was a time when blacks were treated immeasurably poorly and that time is gone. Blacks have had their time when they were chosen as the superior race, discriminating against whites when selected for college entrance and job employment. It's known as reverse discrimination and instead of leveling the playing field, it too, went too far.

Now is the time for all to be equals and remove yourself from perceived grievances from the past. Now pull up your bootstraps and behave like whites and earn your keep.

Facts.

I don't have to do a thing. Just admit that the pendulum has swung too far as usual when a segment of the population feels they have a grievance against another group. Sure, slavery was horrible. Do we have slavery now? No. There was a time when blacks were treated immeasurably poorly and that time is gone. Blacks have had their time when they were chosen as the superior race, discriminating against whites when selected for college entrance and job employment. It's known as reverse discrimination and instead of leveling the playing field, it too, went too far.

Now is the time for all to be equals and remove yourself from perceived grievances from the past. Now pull up your bootstraps and behave like whites and earn your keep.

There does seem to be a faction within the black community, and unfortunately it is many of their “leaders”, who dwell in the past. They demand reparations and punishment for those who did them wrong. It’s unhealthy.

We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility of our future. -G.B. Shaw

Change is the law in life, and those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. J.F. Kennedy

Facts.

Whites never pulled up any bootstraps. There is no reverse discrimination. So you do have to:

Facts.

Whites never pulled up any bootstraps. There is no reverse discrimination. So you do have to:

No reverse discrimination? Certainly you jest.

Facts.

There is no reverse discrimination.

There is no reverse discrimination.
No there is not. If there was, the very term implies that there IS discrimination happening that affects minorities.

The same ones who state that there is "reverse discrimination" frequently also state that there is no discrimination towards non whites.

Can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

Facts.

There does seem to be a faction within the black community, and unfortunately it is many of their “leaders”, who dwell in the past. They demand reparations and punishment for those who did them wrong. It’s unhealthy.

We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility of our future. -G.B. Shaw

Change is the law in life, and those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. J.F. Kennedy

Nothing unhealthy about it. You pay native Americans reparations every year for things done in the past.

Facts.

The only jester here is you.

Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting, the 1st Amendment right and law enforcement, what side would you have fell on during Rosa Park's era, when she decided that enough was enough and she was not going to be subjugated to go to the back of the bus for another human being no better or worse than she is simply because of her color?

What say you, and why?
Wow MarcATL you got LOTS of responses so I am going to have to check some of these out.

Facts.

I believe the code word is "retribution" because the Negro community knows there are too many of them to give them free money like we give to the Native Americans now.

My point, Marc, is that Colin Kaepernick alienated more people than the ones that had the light bulb go off. I have attended maybe four or five sporting events since I had my epiphany six years ago. Before they want us to stand for the national anthem? I get up and go take a piss or get in the concession line. There are people that are not as awake as we are that take umbrage with disrespecting the corporate banner because they either have a relative or know someone that is in the military that died doing what they thought was their duty or know someone that came home missing a limb because they fought and served this corporate entity. Education is the key and it has to be done gently...trust me on this because I was like a bull in a china closet at first. I had all this information and I ran out into"cyberville" waving my hands saying "YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TOO!!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!". The people have been lied to for so long and they have been programmed, dumbed down all their lives that you have to lead them to the truth gently. I am guilty of striking out because the truth is so fucking clear to me that I get pissed that others can't see it.

It's a thankless endeavor.......there are very few rewards but it's the cross that we have to bear. You are not alone...so don't be discouraged. Try and temper your message so that it's better received and that is advice that I should heed as well. We are kindred souls.
This is the message blacks have received for decades in this country. It never ends.

I understand the point of view your're coming from, and I reject it. Reason being. Get this, the message being sent to blacks yearly, monthly, weekly, hourly is that it's more important to whites to enjoy their favorite entertainment uninterrupted, than to consider the injustices going around right in front their noses. Muchless do something about it.

Think about that.
Back in 2014 I hired a Negro male to be one of my technical researchers whom I knew from a recent previous job.

He was very skilled and bright and he did a great job.

We worked together well.

We have since both left that company and moved on. But we stay in touch.

I believe I would trust a well educated Negro male more than a female of any race or education level.

Facts.
So, what land was taken away from you?

Nothing unhealthy about it. You pay native Americans reparations every year for things done in the past.

What say you, and why?
Rosa Parks was awesome. Nobody should have to give up their seat to another person because of race. I think it is a great gesture to give up your seat to a disabled or elderly person, but don't make someone move because they are black.

Forum List

Back