Would You Have Supported Rosa Park's Silent Protest?

Would You Have Supported Rosa Parks et al during That Time?

• Yes

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Rosa Parks yes.
Colin Kapernick no.

They were protesting the same thing. So it's safe say that if we all were alive at that time, you would not have supported Parks. You see foodoomus, it's easy for whites like you to say you would support a historic achievement 60 years after its done with the person dead and recognized as an American hero. But during the action is when it counts. At this moment Kapernick is right and he stands on the proper side of history alongside Parks..

it's easy for whites like you to say you would support a historic achievement 60 years after its done with the person dead and recognized as an American hero.
??? What part of the first clause in the OP did you not understand?
Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting
The OP-er asks not what one'd have done were one alive then and he does predicate that one answer the thread question based on one's current social justice views, not on what may have been one's views in the 1950s, or, for that matter, any point in time prior to the moment when one read the question and posts one's answer to it.

Focus on the question the OP-er asked. Don't try to turn the question he asked into one he didn't ask.

I like to think I would have supported her.

Interesting fact- she was not the first black woman arrested for refusing to give up her seat to a white. That distinction belongs to Claudette Colvin.

Claudette Colvin - Wikipedia
The driver looked at them in his mirror. "He asked us both to get up. [Mrs. Hamilton] said she was not going to get up and that she had paid her fare and that she didn't feel like standing," recalls Colvin. "So I told him I was not going to get up either. So he said, 'If you are not going to get up, I will get a policeman.'" The police arrived and convinced a black man sitting behind the two women to move so that Mrs. Hamilton could move back, but Colvin still refused. She was forcibly removed from the bus and arrested by the two policemen, Thomas J. Ward and Paul Headley.[10][11][12] This event took place nine months before the NAACP secretary Rosa Parks was famously arrested for the same offense.[3] Claudette Colvin: "My mother told me to be quiet about what I did. She told me to let Rosa be the one: white people aren't going to bother Rosa, they like her".[4]
Everybody knows Rosa wasn't the first, not nearly.

Just like Jackie Robinson wasn't the best black baseball player in the Negro League, which was actually Satchel Paige, but Jackie was chosen because he was the perfect negro who wouldn't fight back and take all the spits, insults and even harm that came his way for simply playing ball with and beating the whites at it.

It's the same reason why your average white swear they love MLK for what he did, but also hate Malcolm X for what he did. Although they did the same exact thing, fight for their down-trodden and mistreated people's rights. Only difference is, one's stance was that I'll take your blows, insults and violence with a smile and try to shame you into acting right, the other one's stance was that if you try to abuse my rights prepare to die, because that's what it's going to take...aka by any means necessary.

Facts.

I didn't realize that you folks had separate drinking fountains, had to sit on the back of the bus and couldn't sit at certain lunch counters. Who would have known!
Is that what you folks think? I didn't know anyone made such a claim.

I know that your comment was made "tongue in cheek". I have a conscience and I know what empathy is.... and I can put myself in the shoes of another and see how I would want to be treated if the roles were reversed. Would I want to be harrassed because of the tint of my skin and the fact that I was in a part of town that the police thought I shouldn't be in?
Not only "NO" but HELL no.........my rights to exist and go about my business doesn't depend on a benevolent entity that we call "government".

Damnnatious. If people choose to live apart and choose to be separate, ignore laws and live apart, do the thug life thinggy, then condemn apartheid and yet willingly choose to be apart from society, for over 150 years, something smells a tad bit FISHY about that.

Last edited:

Interesting fact- she was not the first black woman arrested for refusing to give up her seat to a white. That distinction belongs to Claudette Colvin.

The driver looked at them in his mirror. "He asked us both to get up. [Mrs. Hamilton] said she was not going to get up and that she had paid her fare and that she didn't feel like standing," recalls Colvin. "So I told him I was not going to get up either. So he said, 'If you are not going to get up, I will get a policeman.'" The police arrived and convinced a black man sitting behind the two women to move so that Mrs. Hamilton could move back, but Colvin still refused. She was forcibly removed from the bus and arrested by the two policemen, Thomas J. Ward and Paul Headley.[10][11][12] This event took place nine months before the NAACP secretary Rosa Parks was famously arrested for the same offense.[3] Claudette Colvin: "My mother told me to be quiet about what I did. She told me to let Rosa be the one: white people aren't going to bother Rosa, they like her".[4]

Just like Jackie Robinson wasn't the best black baseball player in the Negro League, which was actually Satchel Paige, but Jackie was chosen because he was the perfect negro who wouldn't fight back and take all the spits, insults and even harm that came his way for simply playing ball with and beating the whites at it.

It's the same reason why your average white swear they love MLK for what he did, but also hate Malcolm X for what he did. Although they did the same exact thing, fight for their down-trodden and mistreated people's rights. Only difference is, one's stance was that I'll take your blows, insults and violence with a smile and try to shame you into acting right, the other one's stance was that if you try to abuse my rights prepare to die, because that's what it's going to take...aka by any means necessary.

Facts.

I am a huge fan of Malcolm X. He spoke out against the banking oligarchs...i.e the Illuminati and said that he would stand by anyone regardless of the color of their skin that would be a soldier in the fight. He was WAAAAY ahead of his time.

I know that your comment was made "tongue in cheek". I have a conscience and I know what empathy is.... and I can put myself in the shoes of another and see how I would want to be treated if the roles were reversed. Would I want to be harrassed because of the tint of my skin and the fact that I was in a part of town that the police thought I shouldn't be in?
Not only "NO" but HELL no.........my rights to exist and go about my business doesn't depend on a benevolent entity that we call "government".
Well just carry your empathy a little further and understand that blacks today STILL get treated more harshly than whites and non-blacks simply for the same reasons you mentioned in your post just now. Now understand what Colin Kaepernick was kneeling about.

I live near the so called five points here in Denver all my life. Anyone remember "Ink'? The coffee shop that mockingly that referred to proud gentrification? Thing about that, the neighborhood used to be white, was built by whites. Yeah, "Ghettoisation" is better than gentrification, as long as it's not whites. And it was a bunch of out of stater whites and a bunch of minority race baiter demagogues that want to bitch about it...Really? I have lived in RiNo my entire life. I am good with gentrification, if it means less crime and better living circumstances. Why are poor blacks threatened by that?

Last edited:
Well just carry your empathy a little further and understand that blacks today STILL get treated more harshly than whites and non-blacks simply for the same reasons you mentioned in your post just now. Now understand what Colin Kaepernick was kneeling about.

My point, Marc, is that Colin Kaepernick alienated more people than the ones that had the light bulb go off. I have attended maybe four or five sporting events since I had my epiphany six years ago. Before they want us to stand for the national anthem? I get up and go take a piss or get in the concession line. There are people that are not as awake as we are that take umbrage with disrespecting the corporate banner because they either have a relative or know someone that is in the military that died doing what they thought was their duty or know someone that came home missing a limb because they fought and served this corporate entity. Education is the key and it has to be done gently...trust me on this because I was like a bull in a china closet at first. I had all this information and I ran out into"cyberville" waving my hands saying "YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TOO!!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!". The people have been lied to for so long and they have been programmed, dumbed down all their lives that you have to lead them to the truth gently. I am guilty of striking out because the truth is so fucking clear to me that I get pissed that others can't see it.

It's a thankless endeavor.......there are very few rewards but it's the cross that we have to bear. You are not alone...so don't be discouraged. Try and temper your message so that it's better received and that is advice that I should heed as well. We are kindred souls.

Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting, the 1st Amendment right and law enforcement, what side would you have fell on during Rosa Park's era, when she decided that enough was enough and she was not going to be subjugated to go to the back of the bus for another human being no better or worse than she is simply because of her color?

What say you, and why?

Yes. But I would have supported in a different way. That protest COULD have been and SHOULD have been a catalyst to mobilize the Black citizens of that area to pool their resources to form a black owned bus company.

The major issue with that protest was missed opportunity. Those backwards white southerners despised the black residents of that city and not just that one city, it was all over that region.

MLK'S "Dream" should have been focused on economic independence versus fighting for the right to sit next to the oppresors.

My point, Marc, is that Colin Kaepernick alienated more people than the ones that had the light bulb go off. I have attended maybe four or five sporting events since I had my epiphany six years ago. Before they want us to stand for the national anthem? I get up and go take a piss or get in the concession line. There are people that are not as awake as we are that take umbrage with disrespecting the corporate banner because they either have a relative or know someone that is in the military that died doing what they thought was their duty or know someone that came home missing a limb because they fought and served this corporate entity. Education is the key and it has to be done gently...trust me on this because I was like a bull in a china closet at first. I had all this information and I ran out into"cyberville" waving my hands saying "YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TOO!!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!". The people have been lied to for so long and they have been programmed, dumbed down all their lives that you have to lead them to the truth gently. I am guilty of striking out because the truth is so fucking clear to me that I get pissed that others can't see it.

It's a thankless endeavor.......there are very few rewards but it's the cross that we have to bear. You are not alone...so don't be discouraged. Try and temper your message so that it's better received and that is advice that I should heed as well. We are kindred souls.
This is the message blacks have received for decades in this country. It never ends.

I understand the point of view your're coming from, and I reject it. Reason being. Get this, the message being sent to blacks yearly, monthly, weekly, hourly is that it's more important to whites to enjoy their favorite entertainment uninterrupted, than to consider the injustices going around right in front their noses. Muchless do something about it.

Think about that.

This is the message blacks have received for decades in this country. It never ends.

I understand the point of view your're coming from, and I reject it. Reason being. Get this, the message being sent to blacks yearly, monthly, weekly, hourly is that it's more important to whites to enjoy their favorite entertainment uninterrupted, than to consider the injustices going around right in front their noses. Muchless do something about it.

Think about that.

Marc, if it's any consolation? Even white middle class folks are finally awakening and alerted to the nature of the cage. The white middle class has been dwindling since they reached their apex in 1970. I am sure those like you are saying "It's about fucking time...welcome to our world". The "powers that be" know that we are waking up and so they are trying to pit us against each other and they use any kind of tribalism to divide us. They divide us among racial, gender, religious, political, economic and even state lines. We are easier to take down that way.

Facts.
Marc, stop living in the past. Whenever you get on a bus, you can sit whereever you want, you can go into any restaurant and be served and you can drink out of the same drinking fountain as whites. Now, get a job.

Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting, the 1st Amendment right and law enforcement, what side would you have fell on during Rosa Park's era, when she decided that enough was enough and she was not going to be subjugated to go to the back of the bus for another human being no better or worse than she is simply because of her color?

What say you, and why?

That is the easiest question ever. I'm a conservative Catholic who actually BELIEVES that all men (and women) are created EQUAL........confirmed by my studies in Anthropology wrt the Psychic Unity of Mankind. Now for the SJWs and assorted BLM members? They're SCUM!!! Stuff them and their racist violent stupidity. They're disgusting.

So stuff you DemoKKKrats and all who sail in you!! Except a certain Alabama Dem; she's wonderful.

Greg

What say you, and why?

I was raised in small towns, and rarely even saw a city.

never saw a white's only sign or even a city bus.

I do know that when I got older, and learned how my ancestors and their relatives where treated when they came here.

If I was there, I might have done violence for her.

.​

Uh ... This Is Not Rosa Parks ... :thup:

hqdefault.jpg

.​

What say you, and why?

She protested the right way. She broke the law she found unjust, went through the legal system and took her punishment, and went right back out there to protest the condition again.

The people with her then boycotted the unconstitutional restrictions on public transportation, while other people fought the laws on the legal front.

No whining about being arrested, it was part of the plan. No assault on the people enforcing the unjust laws, they attacked the system itself. No going after innocent people in the area, or even the complacent ones, they went after the policy in question and the agency enacting the policy via a well organized and well defined boycott with clear and definitive goals. Not, "end capitalism, republicans suck, or Bushchimpymchilter has to go" (i.e broad ambiguous "goals) but a simple and clear goal, "let us sit where we want to on the bus or we will continue to boycott the busses, or even sit where we want to and dare you to arrest us"

What say you, and why?
I was still a pre-schooler when all this was happening.

I had a Negro preschool teacher and her son was one of my best friends.

None of the other kids would play with him.

I guess that makes me avant garde.

Forum List

Back