Would you go to Las Vegas knowing you could be shot at any time?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
The FBI Won't Help Nevada Enforce Its Background Check Law

Nevada passed a law requiring background checks for private party gun sales. But the FBI refuses to conduct the background checks and the state lacks authority to do so. Essentially, the law is unenforceable.

Republican Attorney General Adam Laxalt issued the opinion on the gun law, which was cheered by gun rights advocates.

Nevada voters approved a new gun control law – so why was it not enforced?

But Nevada’s new gun law has never been enforced. Days before it was slated to go into effect, the state’s Republican attorney general released a legal opinion concluding that citizens were “excused from compliance”, calling the new law unenforceable.

The attorney general who made the decision, Adam Paul Laxalt, spoke at the NRA’s annual meeting this year, where he was hailed by the NRA’s chief lobbyist for ensuring that Nevada’s new background check legislation for private sales was still not the law of the land. Laxalt had publicly opposed the background check measure before it passed, a mark of opposition the NRA had publicized in its fight against the measure.

----------------------------

Nevada voters voted for a background check law the Republicans pretty much said: so what, we aren't enforcing it.

So would you feel safe going to Nevada knowing that the state GOP is on the side of mass murderers? Will this hit Las Vegas in the pocketbook? Or is it a one time thing and in two weeks, it will be business as usual and nothing will have changed?

Even if this law were enforced, it probably wouldn't have stopped the mass murderer from killing and wounding so many. Does that make any difference?

ABSOLUTELY. You can be shot by LAWBREAKERS, anywhere. The chances of being shot in Las Vegas, is FAR less than being shot in any black majority city.

Los Angeles has background checks and more murders than Las Vegas. So sure. You're safer in Nevada.

Los Angeles has background checks and more murders than Las Vegas. So sure. You're safer in Nevada.
Now that everyone knows you can bring in automatic weapons, as many as you want, then things have changed. Besides, this guy probably voted Republican.

Now that everyone knows you can bring in automatic weapons, as many as you want, then things have changed. Besides, this guy probably voted Republican.
He actually is a registered democrat like the rest of the insane loser killers.

You can't bring in automatic weapons in Los Angeles, but the gang bangers sure have them.

Nevada passed a law requiring background checks for private party gun sales. But the FBI refuses to conduct the background checks and the state lacks authority to do so. Essentially, the law is unenforceable.

Republican Attorney General Adam Laxalt issued the opinion on the gun law, which was cheered by gun rights advocates.

But Nevada’s new gun law has never been enforced. Days before it was slated to go into effect, the state’s Republican attorney general released a legal opinion concluding that citizens were “excused from compliance”, calling the new law unenforceable.

The attorney general who made the decision, Adam Paul Laxalt, spoke at the NRA’s annual meeting this year, where he was hailed by the NRA’s chief lobbyist for ensuring that Nevada’s new background check legislation for private sales was still not the law of the land. Laxalt had publicly opposed the background check measure before it passed, a mark of opposition the NRA had publicized in its fight against the measure.

Nevada voters voted for a background check law the Republicans pretty much said: so what, we aren't enforcing it.

So would you feel safe going to Nevada knowing that the state GOP is on the side of mass murderers? Will this hit Las Vegas in the pocketbook? Or is it a one time thing and in two weeks, it will be business as usual and nothing will have changed?

Even if this law were enforced, it probably wouldn't have stopped the mass murderer from killing and wounding so many. Does that make any difference?
/——/ I worked as a sales rep in Harlem, Bed Sty, Red Hook and the bad lands for 20 years knowing I could be shot or robbed at any time. It didn’t stop me.

'
Only evil sinners go to that den of Satan.

Actually, I went there once to buy a rare book. I took one horrified look at its depravity and left as fast as was legally possible --- careful not to look back at Sodom and Gomorrah.

Last edited:
Nope, facts are already filtering that he was a deranged lib, like you.

I go outside knowing every day that I might be shot by some lunatic, run over by a vehicle, slip on some ice and crack my skull open, fall prey to a reentering bit of space junk, have an aneurysm, a myocardial infarction, trip and drive a fallen branch through my eye into my brain, have a tree fall on me, have my house explode (natural gas), have the wife go off the deep end and kill me with a roll of paper towels......... Etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum............

the question has merit, just not in this context, I would go right this second if I could, where I would not go to again is europe for fear of being killed...scary dangerous place, they don't just shoot you there, they blow you up and the really sick sadistic ones try to see how many people they can dag to there deaths underneath their cars...bloodiest continent in history brother and continues to this day

Why don't you go stroll down to West 63 and south Halsted and report back

Forum List

Back