Should Prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I have seen that the idea of legalizing prostitution is up for debate, and that there is 50/50 for it and against it.
I have to say, I agree and for it to be legal, only if it is a controlled service in respect to both Prostitute and customer.
Here is how I think it should be if it does become legal.

If or when prostitution becomes legal I only agree with it being legal in a controlled environment not street prostitution. The business would be just like any other business. Customers walk in or can even make an appointment. New customers will go through an extensive background and medical check, to make sure they never committed a violent crime, including assault and domestic, pretty much anything that would prohibit you from purchasing a gun, and make sure you are healthy enough to participate in sexual activities, and are clean from any transferable diseases. There would be on-site std testing, and customer would be required to be tested there every so often, and a record would be kept on each customer to ensure employee safety and health. Customers would be required to use protection every time, no exceptions. Customers would also have to have good personal hygiene, in respect for the prostitute. The business would provide basic cleaning needs such as showers and body wash products. This would provide a cleaner working condition for both the prostitute and customer.
There would be a strict guideline and set of rules in place that each customer would have to follow. Customers would have to sign stating they understand the guidelines and rules and that they will follow and abide the rules and will act in a proper manner, and never force an employee to do something they don't want to do. There would be on site security to provide safety for the employees, and there will be 0 toleration for any kind of manner that disrespects the employees that may jeopardize the employee safety.
It will be fully confidential and no information would be shared with the public or anyone.

I believe that there are some benefits to making prostitution legal. I believe that since women would be able to participate at their own free will, the likelihood of underage prostitution and sex slaves would decrease. The risk of being exposed and contracting a std would decrease. It will lower the chance of a prostitute being assaulted, raped, or even killed. Just by providing a clean and controlled environment would be beneficial to both, prostitute and customer. It would eliminate criminals making a profit off an innocent and or unwilling woman.
I mean there is always going to be prostitution, there is really no way it can be stopped. Just for the fact of making it legal would make it cleaner and safer, should be enough.
The only problem I can see that will come out of making it legal is, there will be more and more spouses cheating on each other.

What do you think?

Prostitution can never be fully legalized nor will it ever be controlled. The issue is moot since the prostitution industry will be fully robotic in ten years.

There are legal brothels in Nevada, and apparently the Federal government only is concerned with prostitution as it relates to minors and foreigners. If you want it legal where you live, you only have to deal with the state laws. I don’t see it as a federal issue.

Prostitution can never be fully legalized nor will it ever be controlled. The issue is moot since the prostitution industry will be fully robotic in ten years.

How about taking away the prison term and fines that come with it?

Prostitution is legal only in certain areas. It's not legal everywhere and all the legal brothels in the state has not taken a single prostitute off the strip. If prostitution is ever legalized, there will be legal prostitution and illegal prostitution living side by side just as it is in Nevada. The same girls will be in prison or jail, just for different charges. It won't be for prostitution, it will be for failure to maintain health examinations, or evasion of income taxes. Casual prostitution will never be stopped. No matter how many legal prostitutes there are. But with the rise of robot sex dolls, legal prostitutes will go the way of the dodo bird.

I have seen that the idea of legalizing prostitution is up for debate, and that there is 50/50 for it and against it.
I have to say, I agree and for it to be legal, only if it is a controlled service in respect to both Prostitute and customer.

If or when prostitution becomes legal I only agree with it being legal in a controlled environment not street prostitution. The business would be just like any other business. Customers walk in or can even make an appointment. New customers will go through an extensive background and medical check, to make sure they never committed a violent crime, including assault and domestic, pretty much anything that would prohibit you from purchasing a gun, and make sure you are healthy enough to participate in sexual activities, and are clean from any transferable diseases. There would be on-site std testing, and customer would be required to be tested there every so often, and a record would be kept on each customer to ensure employee safety and health. Customers would be required to use protection every time, no exceptions. Customers would also have to have good personal hygiene, in respect for the prostitute. The business would provide basic cleaning needs such as showers and body wash products. This would provide a cleaner working condition for both the prostitute and customer.
There would be a strict guideline and set of rules in place that each customer would have to follow. Customers would have to sign stating they understand the guidelines and rules and that they will follow and abide the rules and will act in a proper manner, and never force an employee to do something they don't want to do. There would be on site security to provide safety for the employees, and there will be 0 toleration for any kind of manner that disrespects the employees that may jeopardize the employee safety.
It will be fully confidential and no information would be shared with the public or anyone.

I believe that there are some benefits to making prostitution legal. I believe that since women would be able to participate at their own free will, the likelihood of underage prostitution and sex slaves would decrease. The risk of being exposed and contracting a std would decrease. It will lower the chance of a prostitute being assaulted, raped, or even killed. Just by providing a clean and controlled environment would be beneficial to both, prostitute and customer. It would eliminate criminals making a profit off an innocent and or unwilling woman.
I mean there is always going to be prostitution, there is really no way it can be stopped. Just for the fact of making it legal would make it cleaner and safer, should be enough.
The only problem I can see that will come out of making it legal is, there will be more and more spouses cheating on each other.

What do you think?

I am generally in favor of it- but how to eliminate the abuses and trafficking would be the problem.

If an (adult)woman or man were able to freely and safely sell their sexual services- I don't see how that really is that much different than a legal non-sexual massage.

Post the pic again, ScienceRocks. I might see it differently after having a few brews.

animated-smileys-drinking-025.gif

What do you think?

I think ALL morality laws should be eliminated.

What do you think?

Should sex between siblings be acceptable?

What do you think?

Who does it harm? I personally think it's disgusting, but ultimately who does it harm other than them?

What do you think?

Who does it harm? I personally think it's disgusting, but ultimately who does it harm other than them?
While I can agree with that line of thinking, it can send our society down a dangerous path if it's adopted by our government.

IMO... we should never normalize certain behaviors.

Last edited:

What do you think?

While I can agree with that line of thinking, it can send our society down a dangerous path if it's adopted by our government.

Why? Most people will never engage in incest, and those who do will be harming themselves and their prospective progeny, but no one else. How does that harm the country?

What do you think?

Why? Most people will never engage in incest, and those who do will be harming themselves and their prospective progeny, but no one else. How does that harm the country?
Some people, like ScienceRocks, need some guidance on what's acceptable and what isn't.
Wouldn't you agree?

How about taking away the prison term and fines that come with it?

Prostitution is legal only in certain areas. It's not legal everywhere and all the legal brothels in the state has not taken a single prostitute off the strip. If prostitution is ever legalized, there will be legal prostitution and illegal prostitution living side by side just as it is in Nevada. The same girls will be in prison or jail, just for different charges. It won't be for prostitution, it will be for failure to maintain health examinations, or evasion of income taxes. Casual prostitution will never be stopped. No matter how many legal prostitutes there are. But with the rise of robot sex dolls, legal prostitutes will go the way of the dodo bird.
When I think of Las Vegas, 4 things come to mind. Gambling, Drinking, Strip clubs, and sex. Legal and illegal prostitution might live side by side there, but if it became legal I think street prostitution would decrease in most areas. I'm not saying it will totally eliminate illegal street prostitution, but I'm sure some prostitutes will feel better working in a cleaner and more controlled environment. Feeling more safe and honest about what they do. I'm more concerned about the overall safety for them and by making it legal, it would provide a more safe environment.

Forum List

Back