Would the World be a better Place if...

When, what year(s)did they take prayer out of school?
I think it was 1962.

Government Records show the top 7 leading problems in our schools ranked in order from first to seventh, 1940 and 1990. Notice the differences in type and seriousness.
1940 1990
1. Talking out of turn1. Drug abuse
2. Chewing Gum 2. Alcohol abuse
3. Making noise3. Pregnancy
4. Running in the Halls4. Suicide
5. Cutting in Line5. Rape
6. Dress-code violations6. Robbery
7. Littering7. Assault

...everyone ACTED AS THOUGH:
  1. They believed in God,
  2. They believed in an afterlife,
  3. They believed that a virtuous life was rewarded in the afterlife,
  4. They believed that an evil life was punished in the afterlife, and
  5. Their assessment of virtue vs. evil was based on traditional western, Judeo-Christian principles?
So whether you believe in "god" or not, isn't it better to live as though you do?
I've had this same thought... which is why I spend time evangelizing, trying to get people to .. if they don't want to be Catholic... at least consider the things C and P have in common... the Bible, for one..

a belief in Hell

I had my best idea for how to improve the world back when I was a teenager. What I proposed was the issuance of breeding licenses based upon IQ and weight. The plan would involve placing a person's IQ over their weight and only those with a coefficient of 1 or above would be allowed to create children. This would eventually produce smarter people who would also be smaller, thus consuming less food.

At 18, this also had the positive effect of making me prime breeding material much sought after, so it really was a win/win vis a vis me and the society at large.
this post proves that high IQ (assuming we can assume it) does not equate with high level of WISDOM or righteousness

World peace.... Interesting the gargantuan plans of mankind. There seems to be this belief if the world is fixed there will be peace in our homes. Jesus always approached it from the opposite direction. He taught bringing peace and love into our own lives and into those in our immediate surroundings--home, travels, work. He did not suggest we march out and bring about world peace.

He simply said to leaven what you have in front of you, and it will grow in our own small portion of the world.

Instead of calling upon everyone to become people of faith, call on people of faith to leaven the small portion they have.
Man plans, God laughs

I think it was 1962.

Government Records show the top 7 leading problems in our schools ranked in order from first to seventh, 1940 and 1990. Notice the differences in type and seriousness.

The list of "school problems" is bogus. There's no study; there's no "government records" citing any of that. I'm really skeptical of the thinking that "in 1940 there was little drug/alcohol abuse, no teen pregnancy", etc.

Sure there was all of that. People hid it and the teens got married to whomever got them pg and/or "went away" and had their babies.

Man is sinful. That hasn't changed. While I think we are sadly more accepting of sin now, there was no "golden age" of righteousness.

50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and even much of the 90's. Then, the Democrats really got communist-ized. And, it's been downhill ever since.
I lived through those times and, though they were different, I don't recall them being any better. Except politics. That went downhill when the Right, under Tricky Dick, decided that holding onto power was everything and anything they could do to get or hold it was justified. Eventually the Right Wing media began a campaign to divide the nation into camps and took pleasure in demonizing the other side. The whole sordid process culminating in an attack on our democracy on 1/6.

I lived through those times and, though they were different, I don't recall them being any better. Except politics. That went downhill when the Right, under Tricky Dick, decided that holding onto power was everything and anything they could do to get or hold it was justified. Eventually the Right Wing media began a campaign to divide the nation into camps and took pleasure in demonizing the other side. The whole sordid process culminating in an attack on our democracy on 1/6.
Actually, it all accumulated yesterday when an actual assassination attempt was made on a Republican conservative Supreme Court Justice followed by protestors still being allowed attempting to sway a judicial decision (Judge and jury tampering). The Attorney General is like the Capitol Police who opened the doors to let the 1/6 protestors in. And, the protestors at Kavanaugh's house is like the protestors on 1/6. The difference is, none of the 1/6 protestors brought guns and were there to kill the Democrats. Most of them were old people who were invited in by the Capitol Police. With Kavanaugh, there was someone there yesterday to kill Kavanaugh. The Democrats are out to destroy our Constitutional Republic and Democracy. Kill Conservative Justices and have Biden replace them with Leftist wicked Justices. Just another way to pack the Supreme Court with Leftist Judges who support the elimination of our Democratic Republic.

Actually, it all accumulated yesterday when an actual assassination attempt was made on a Republican conservative Supreme Court Justice
Sorry but I don't accept that someone who calls the police to say they are going to kill someone is a legitimate representative of the Dems or the Left. Or are you willing to say that the recent Buffalo shootings was representative of the Right?

followed by protestors still being allowed attempting to sway a judicial decision (Judge and jury tampering).
Peaceful protest is constitutionally protected isn't it?

The Attorney General is like the Capitol Police who opened the doors to let the 1/6 protestors in. And, the protestors at Kavanaugh's house is like the protestors on 1/6. The difference is, none of the 1/6 protestors brought guns and were there to kill the Democrats. Most of them were old people who were invited in by the Capitol Police. With Kavanaugh, there was someone there yesterday to kill Kavanaugh. The Democrats are out to destroy our Constitutional Republic and Democracy. Kill Conservative Justices and have Biden replace them with Leftist wicked Justices. Just another way to pack the Supreme Court with Leftist Judges who support the elimination of our Democratic Republic.
I see you have your 1/6 blinders on. Sad.

I don't support political violence by any side. Can you say the same?

Sorry but I don't accept that someone who calls the police to say they are going to kill someone is a legitimate representative of the Dems or the Left. Or are you willing to say that the recent Buffalo shootings was representative of the Right?

Peaceful protest is constitutionally protected isn't it?

I see you have your 1/6 blinders on. Sad.

I don't support political violence by any side. Can you say the same?
Once again, you tell just part of the story. There were armed guards at Kavanaugh's home. When the police saw the man and began to approach him, he turned himself in. Unlike some assassins, he didn't want to die for the cause. So, he gave himself up. Had there been no police there, he would have continued. He was arrested on attempted murder charges. So, you are wrong.
You throw around words like "Right" without contemplating actual knowledge. The "Right" begins close to the middle of Left and Right and goes on forever. Same with the Left. Conservative Republicans reject the racist organizations that in these days, vote for Republicans. In the past, the very same organizations and people voted for Democrats when their platform protected their rights better. Today, the Left protects Fascists and Communists better than racists. Fascists, Communists, racists are on the far fringes of Left and Right. No law abiding Republican Conservative approves of any mass shooting or individual shootings like in Chicago every weekend like the Democrat liberal left do.
Yep, peaceful protests are protected. Just like Trump said to the crowd before they left to the Capitol. Go peaceably. However, there are laws on where you can protest and where you cannot protest. I give you a law and as a good Democrat, you ignore it. Title 18, Section 1507, of the U.S. Code says, "It is illegal with the intent of influencing any judge to picket or parade in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer. Or, with such intent, to resort to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence." To keep the integrity of any court, jury or judge tampering must be illegal and prevented. AG Garland is a farse of a human being to allow for another attempt to kill or influence any Supreme Court Judge. Do you think Bill Barr would have allowed this? Not a chance! He has great personal character. Not Garland. And, he was almost a Supreme Court Justice. Ugggg!!!!!
Ya, 1/6 was not an insurrection. I challenge you to go to a third world country just before a coup occurs and watch a real insurrection. Insurrections have guns involved and usually part or all of the military as well. 1/6 had grandma's in for a visit and most just looking around. There were a few that wanted to cause problems but no one went after anyone in Congress. No one had a gun on them or any weapons for that matter. Insurrection is garbage! Grow up.
Yes, you seem to support political violence. Did you support the riots in 2020 during the pandemic after the Floyd killing? Did you support the injuring of a thousand police officers and the killing many during that same time period? The burning down of businesses and government buildings and cars? How about the attempt on Kavanaugh. You seem to don't think it was a big deal at all. How about the racist BLM rioters and killers? I don't support any of the violence on either side. Just because 1/6 wasn't an insurrection doesn't mean I supported the actions of the people entering illegally. But, you support the protestors trying to influence the judges and death threats of Kavanaugh even by Senator Schumer. Unbelievable.

Once again, you tell just part of the story. There were armed guards at Kavanaugh's home. When the police saw the man and began to approach him, he turned himself in. Unlike some assassins, he didn't want to die for the cause. So, he gave himself up. Had there been no police there, he would have continued. He was arrested on attempted murder charges. So, you are wrong.
I'm glad he failed and is in custody and I hope he gets help and justice. I don't think Kavanaugh should have been confirmed but he definitely shouldn't be removed by force.

No law abiding Republican Conservative approves of any mass shooting or individual shootings like in Chicago every weekend like the Democrat liberal left do.
Please point out the Dems who approve of any shootings anywhere at any time

Yep, peaceful protests are protected. Just like Trump said to the crowd before they left to the Capitol. Go peaceably. However, there are laws on where you can protest and where you cannot protest.
I think it is safe to assume that if you need to knock down barricades to get where you are going, you should not be going there.

I give you a law and as a good Democrat, you ignore it. Title 18, Section 1507, of the U.S. Code says, "It is illegal with the intent of influencing any judge to picket or parade in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer. Or, with such intent, to resort to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence." To keep the integrity of any court, jury or judge tampering must be illegal and prevented.
Virginia's governor is a Republican and he has done nothing, leaving the situation in the hands of local government. So far things have not gotten out of hand and the protests are peaceful so far as I know.

AG Garland is a farse of a human being to allow for another attempt to kill or influence any Supreme Court Judge.
Youngkin too?

Do you think Bill Barr would have allowed this? Not a chance! He has great personal character. Not Garland. And, he was almost a Supreme Court Justice. Ugggg!!!!!
I'm glad you can still admire Bill Barr, he lost a lot of supporters when he declared Trump's lies about the 'stolen' election to be 'BS'.

Ya, 1/6 was not an insurrection. I challenge you to go to a third world country just before a coup occurs and watch a real insurrection. Insurrections have guns involved and usually part or all of the military as well.
The Shah of Iran might not agree.

1/6 had grandma's in for a visit and most just looking around. There were a few that wanted to cause problems but no one went after anyone in Congress. No one had a gun on them or any weapons for that matter. Insurrection is garbage! Grow up.
How many policemen and policewomen were injured? How many people died that day?

Yes, you seem to support political violence. Did you support the riots in 2020 during the pandemic after the Floyd killing? Did you support the injuring of a thousand police officers and the killing many during that same time period? The burning down of businesses and government buildings and cars? How about the attempt on Kavanaugh.
I do not support or excuse political violence, you are the one minimizing the 1/6 mob

You seem to don't think it was a big deal at all.
I think it was the work of a mentally ill individual crying out for help. I don't think he is in any way representative of the majority of either side.

How about the racist BLM rioters and killers? I don't support any of the violence on either side. Just because 1/6 wasn't an insurrection doesn't mean I supported the actions of the people entering illegally.
Same here.

But, you support the protestors trying to influence the judges and death threats of Kavanaugh even by Senator Schumer. Unbelievable.
I believe Kavanaugh and his pals have made the SCOTUS political and as such protests to influence it are justified. Death threats, never, even if they are directed at VP Pence.

I'm glad he failed and is in custody and I hope he gets help and justice. I don't think Kavanaugh should have been confirmed but he definitely shouldn't be removed by force.
Please point out the Dems who approve of any shootings anywhere at any time
I think it is safe to assume that if you need to knock down barricades to get where you are going, you should not be going there.
Virginia's governor is a Republican and he has done nothing, leaving the situation in the hands of local government. So far things have not gotten out of hand and the protests are peaceful so far as I know.
Youngkin too?
I'm glad you can still admire Bill Barr, he lost a lot of supporters when he declared Trump's lies about the 'stolen' election to be 'BS'.
The Shah of Iran might not agree.
How many policemen and policewomen were injured? How many people died that day?
I do not support or excuse political violence, you are the one minimizing the 1/6 mob
I think it was the work of a mentally ill individual crying out for help. I don't think he is in any way representative of the majority of either side.
Same here.
I believe Kavanaugh and his pals have made the SCOTUS political and as such protests to influence it are justified. Death threats, never, even if they are directed at VP Pence.
Kavanaugh was confirmed and he is a member legally and lawfully a Supreme Court Justice. I don't think the 3 Democrats on the Court should have been confirmed either. But, they are there legally and lawfully through the Democratic process of electing Presidents.

Apparently most of the media faces approved of gun violence during the Summer of Love in Seattle and many other places. They promoted it as peaceful demonstrations and did not condemn the violence. Neither did the Democrat Mayors and most politicians. The Democrat Party today is not the same Party as it was when you were growing up with Kennedy.

I agree the barricades should not be knocked down either. But, it was the Capitol police who moved the barricades and unlocked the door from inside. Probably ordered by Pelosi and Schumer. It was a Democrat member of Antifa that called out through the window for everyone to come inside. I'm sure this truth won't come out tonight with the games of the Democrats.

Bill Barr made some mistakes but all in all he was a good AG.

Who are you talking about being mentally ill? The assassin? He is a di-hard liberal who is pro-abortion. He's definitely all Democrat.

The SCOTUS is a branch of the Government. One of 3 branches. Of course all their decisions are political. Roe v. Wade was political as well. Obviously. The question is whether the 1973 Court ruled properly removing abortion from state controls. Even Ruth Ginsberg said it was a bad way of ruling. And, as usual, the Left moved far beyond the approval of abortions in the first trimester. And, that is the issue. Pro-lifers believe that the unborn is as human as the born and should have rights to life, liberty and a future pursuit of happiness. Regardless, if we are a nation of laws, then follow the law. What the protestors are doing is breaking the law I quoted you. It is a Federal Law, not a State Law. So, it's not up to the Governor. It's up to the AG Garland. A pathetic AG.

1. They believed in God,
  5. Their assessment of virtue vs. evil was based on traditional western, Judeo-Christian principles?
So whether you believe in "god" or not, isn't it better to live as though you do?

that is the creed of the crucifiers, used behind their facade of persecution and victimization of the innocent - the desert religions - to perpetuate their criminal intents against those not like themselves, the crime of paterfamilias.

- the 1st century liberation theology, self determination as the pursuit for fruition, the religion of antiquity is the true path for admission to the heavens.

1. They believed in God,
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities

Pray the guns away.

They are the problem and not the numbers of wasted prayers to a genocidal homophobic and misogynous garbage God who denies us all our free will.

--------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

I believe that Christ died for everyone's sins. That is not to say that all have to be "Christians" to enter heaven

For example, Biblically Abraham went to heaven, but he was not a Christian. He could not have been, since Christ was born after he had died. But Biblically, there is no question Abraham went to heaven. It is my belief that Christ died for the sins of Abraham as well.

People simply make assumptions about such things as to whether people go to heaven or hell, but at the end of the day, only God decides. He will be the judge of people in regards to the decisions they have made in the circumstances they must endure. But at the end of the day, either God is just or he is not. IF he is not or does not exist, we are all toast anyway.

As for Christians following what Jesus did and said, the disciples certainly did as Jesus had promised, they did the same type of works. And I have heard of various miracles elsewhere that are similar. One such person was a nonbeliever who told me she witnessed a miracle from Christians regarding raising someone from the dead. She was a medical professional and had no religious background, but she knew a miracle when she saw one and told me this out of the blue.

The only aspect of free will God is concerned about is in regards to rejecting or embracing him. Again, he is the judge here not me, and he is either just or he is not.

From my study regarding the veracity of scripture in terms of prophesy fulfilled, historical evidence that has been verified, my own personal experiences, and just knowing inwardly that Christ spoke the words of life in a dying world that lives without him, there is no going back for me.

In fact, Christ is the only thing that makes sense in this world. Otherwise, it truly is all meaningless.

I believe that Christ died for everyone's sins. That is not to say that all have to be "Christians" to enter heaven

For example, Biblically Abraham went to heaven, but he was not a Christian. He could not have been, since Christ was born after he had died. But Biblically, there is no question Abraham went to heaven. It is my belief that Christ died for the sins of Abraham as well.

People simply make assumptions about such things as to whether people go to heaven or hell, but at the end of the day, only God decides. He will be the judge of people in regards to the decisions they have made in the circumstances they must endure. But at the end of the day, either God is just or he is not. IF he is not or does not exist, we are all toast anyway.

As for Christians following what Jesus did and said, the disciples certainly did as Jesus had promised, they did the same type of works. And I have heard of various miracles elsewhere that are similar. One such person was a nonbeliever who told me she witnessed a miracle from Christians regarding raising someone from the dead. She was a medical professional and had no religious background, but she knew a miracle when she saw one and told me this out of the blue.

The only aspect of free will God is concerned about is in regards to rejecting or embracing him. Again, he is the judge here not me, and he is either just or he is not.

From my study regarding the veracity of scripture in terms of prophesy fulfilled, historical evidence that has been verified, my own personal experiences, and just knowing inwardly that Christ spoke the words of life in a dying world that lives without him, there is no going back for me.

In fact, Christ is the only thing that makes sense in this world. Otherwise, it truly is all meaningless.

no, that was not the fate rendered by the heavenly exemplar.

the heavens prescribed religion requires an individual to triumph over evil - to die without sin - for there to even be a judgement rendered ... that is the judgement.

triumph over evil is the only means for freeing ones spirit. as was accomplished by the exemplar in the 1st century - they crucified ... good luck to those crucifiers. vooto.

- there was never and never will be a messiah.

Forum List

Back