Consolation for the parents/friends, etc of those who lost children to crazy shooters

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I can't remember where I heard this but it makes sense:

God who knows everything of course sometimes takes someone at a young age since He sees down the road and sees that that person will become corrupted by the world (and really, who does not become corrupted by it?) and so He takes them so they will be in Heaven with Him rather than end up in Hell...

+

God who knows everything of course sometimes takes someone at a young age since He sees down the road and sees that that person will become corrupted by the world (and really, who does not become corrupted by it?) and so He takes them so they will be in Heaven with Him rather than end up in Hell...

+
I cannot ascribe to that point of view. I am more of a type to think he put a plan in motion and does not choose to interfere in the course of events, at times, as events, even horrific events can inspire change in the long run more toward his plan, as God takes the long view. It is not within my powers to understand his plan or judgement.

+
That's a great take. We need more guns in this to take out kids before they can start making decisions.

I cannot ascribe to that point of view. I am more of a type to think he put a plan in motion and does not choose to interfere in the course of events, at times, as events, even horrific events can inspire change in the long run more toward his plan, as God takes the long view. It is not within my powers to understand his plan or judgement.
well, if I lost a loved one, a child, like this... I would be very consoled at this thought... and these people need this kind of thing... These kinds of events can make people crazy... with grief

I also consider that at the start of our existence, mankind wanted to know both good and evil; wanted, like God, to work to make good come from evil. As a people, mankind wasn't content to simply live in bliss, protected from bad--they wanted the knowledge and the strength to fix things themselves. The foundation of this is freedom to choose.

Yes, I agree God has a plan, but I also believe mankind had a plan--to, like God, choose good over evil; and like God when faced with evil, to bring good out of it.

Being compassionate towards evil and wrong-doing and wrong-doers is not the same as bringing good from it. As a society we seem to be confusing the two.

We need more guns in this to take out kids before they can start making decisions.
Or we can teach kids on how to logically come to a decision, weighing all benefits and consequences. Some are saying we are giving too much weight thinking we should choose decisions and acts via emotions instead of logic.

Or we can teach kids on how to logically come to a decision, weighing all benefits and consequences. Some are saying we are giving too much weight thinking we should choose decisions and acts via emotions instead of logic.
amen to that last thing...

I've learned the hard way that feelings can never be trusted, all by themselves, although of course sometimes we just feel things and can't seem to help it... while we are impacted by .. whatever it is that makes us feel.. whatever..

i say Acknowledge your feelings, get in touch with them, but then work toward logic... and ditch whatever feelings lead you away from it

In other words, vote Republican :)

I've learned the hard way that feelings can never be trusted, all by themselves,
Definitely! I use the picture of the Lion and the Lamb when it comes to feelings. The Lion represents the roaring feelings, the Lamb wanting peace at any cost.

I use the Lion as the red alert that something is wrong. The Lamb wants to peacefully ignore what is wrong. So--and this is where logic comes in--we have to find the place where the Lion and the Lamb lie down together, agreeing what needs to be done and how to best accomplish that.

The Lion calms down because the issue is going to be addressed. The Lamb accepts the issue needs addressing but has wise input on how to address it without roaring and biting.

Definitely! I use the picture of the Lion and the Lamb when it comes to feelings. The Lion represents the roaring feelings, the Lamb wanting peace at any cost.

I use the Lion as the red alert that something is wrong. The Lamb wants to peacefully ignore what is wrong. So--and this is where logic comes in--we have to find the place where the Lion and the Lamb lie down together, agreeing what needs to be done and how to best accomplish that.

The Lion calms down because the issue is going to be addressed. The Lamb accepts the issue needs addressing but has wise input on how to address it without roaring and biting.
but... uh... don't lions eat lambs?

Only the 2nd Coming (it seems) could result in such lying down togehter... ?

+
"(and really, who does not become corrupted by it?)"
Then why does God not take all children?

"(and really, who does not become corrupted by it?)"
Then why does God not take all children?
maybe bc the ones who live have something in their genetic or psychological nature or there is something about the parents they have or all of the above or whatever that indicates they can make it to Heaven while living "long"..

I don't know.. I never said that OP is absolutely infallible...

+
Raise the fees and taxes on guns and ammunition to compensate the mass victims.

Raise the fees and taxes on guns and ammunition to compensate the mass victims.
no way

we should have the guns and ammo in the schools to take these crazies out... which said crazies know that being killed is a possibility, so they are asking for it... I say Give it to them..

we have to have safe schools...

again, the **&&%$# politicians have armed guards but the children don't... sick society

no way

we should have the guns and ammo in the schools to take these crazies out... which said crazies know that being killed is a possibility, so they are asking for it... I say Give it to them..

we have to have safe schools...

again, the **&&%$# politicians have armed guards but the children don't... sick society

Right. You chicken shits want young female grade school teachers to protect our children.

Forum List

Back