Would the Rapture unite Christianity and Judaism?

Jesus said to Jews

It is not good to conflate to whom Jesus was speaking. Jesus was speaking to those who were seeking his death--not every Jew. Jesus spoke with certainty that he was sent from God, that his mission he learned in the presence of God. He pointed out that Abraham did not seek to kill any messenger from God, and therefore if they were true children of Abraham, they would not be seeking to kill him. They would be embracing his message from God with joy--like so many Jews were actually doing.

Your Bible is probably NIV, read more exactly translation of the Holy Scriptures

30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

I advise you to use the right translation

44753.jpg

OK, let me put it another way: Would those who accept the Messiah at his second coming be saved even though they did not accept his first coming?

OK, let me put it another way: Would those who accept the Messiah at his second coming be saved even though they did not accept his first coming?

Yes, but after Jews embrace Christianity and accept following truth:

• We are a GUILTY sinners (Romans 3:10,23; Isaiah 64:6).

• We deserve to pay for our sins in the fires of Hell (Psalm 7:11, 9:17; Romans 6:23, Revelation 20:11-15, 21:8; James 2:10; Jude 1:7; 2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9).

• Jesus shed His precious blood, dying on the cross for our sins, He was buried, and rose again 3 days later (Romans 5:8; John 3:16,17; 1st Corinthians 15:1-4).

• It is Jesus' precious blood that cleanses our sins away (Ephesians 1:7, 2:13; Colossians 1:14,20; Hebrews 9:22, 10:19; 1 Peter 1:18&19; 1 John 1:7; Revelation 1:5)

• Jesus is God Almighty (John 1:1-3,14; John 10:33; Revelation 1:8, 19:13―The GODHEAD incarnate (Colossians 2:9; 1st Timothy 3:16)

• Jesus never sinned, He was perfect (2nd Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15,16)

• Jesus was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23)

• The Godhead exists as three persons in one; namely, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Colossians 2:2, 9; Matthew 28:19-20; Romans 1:20; Acts 17:29; 2nd John 1:3; Matthew 3:16-17; 1st Timothy 3:16 - All Scripture references only to King James Bible)

• Jesus rose bodily from the dead and was seen of many witnesses (1st Corinthians 15:6)

• It is Jesus' literal liquid blood that washes our sins away (Hebrews 9:12, 24; 12:24; 1st John 1:7; Revelation 1:5)

• We are saved by the hearing of faith, not works (Galatians 3:2; 1st Corinthians 1:21)

Jesus.jpg

Those people who did not accept Jesus two thousand years ago have now passed on. I don't see how they are any longer part of the equation. They have already had their encounter with God.

What might be interesting is whether people who do not accept the New Testament accounts of Jesus as Messiah, would consider accepting him at the second coming? If so, what is the factor that would change their minds?

Those people who did not accept Jesus two thousand years ago have now passed on. I don't see how they are any longer part of the equation. They have already had their encounter with God.

I was referring to non-Christians who are alive at the second coming.

Thank your for he clarification. I am still wondering what might have them welcoming Jesus after basically ignoring the information already that had been available to them. What do you think might cause them to change their minds?

The rapture wasnt even talked about until 150 years ago or so.
What makes you think it will even happen?

Thank your for he clarification. I am still wondering what might have them welcoming Jesus after basically ignoring the information already that had been available to them. What do you think might cause them to change their minds?

I am thinking of the Jewish expectation of a Messiah who would establish a kingdom on Earth, which is similar to the Christian expectation of the Second Coming. Who knows what the Messiah will look like, or what references he will make to Jesus's heavenly kingdom?

I am thinking of the Jewish expectation of a Messiah who would establish a kingdom on Earth, which is similar to the Christian expectation of the Second Coming. Who knows what the Messiah will look like, or what references he will make to Jesus's heavenly kingdom?
Except the Jewish messiah doesn’t want everybody dead.

I don't know what to expect from the Jewish messiah. Would he be like King David, whom I never had a high opinion of because of the way he treated those who were close to him. Would he be the embodiment of the devout Jew and a keeper of the covenant?

The unification of all faiths will occur well before the thing referred to as the rapture. It is the same in the OT as the NT. All heads will bow and all knees will bend and all mouths will confess that the Lord is God.
Jesus referred to Himself as the Alfa and the Omega. He was telling those who would hear that he was a priest in the order of Melchezidic. It is a Priesthood that began with Adam and ends with the story of the two witnesses. All will eventually submit.
Two will be working in the field, one will be taken up and the other left behind. I believe this is the passage that is being referred to as the rapture.
12000 furlongs by 12000 furlongs by 12000 furlongs. If my math is correct, this is about 35 percent of the cubic volume of the moon. There are certainly many rooms in our Fathers house. It is an ark.

The word rapture appears nowhere in the Bible, you'd think something so important would at least be mentioned once

In fact it was near unheard of until the 1830's

The idea is there. It’s mentioned in a number of places. However, I think a lot of Christians have been misled to believe in the pre-trib rapture. That particular idea is not biblical, iyam...but it does happen, at the end, when Jesus returns.

Do you happen to know all the verses? I tried a quick google scholaring but all I get is zillions of hits on sites with their own singular opinions and interpretations, so far none with all of them listed in one place.

YOU HAVE TO RECOGNIZE TENSES:
Matthew reads specifically that "Jesus is saying" seek first "his"(third person tense BECAUSE JESUS IS SPEAKING="HIS" MEANING ANOTHER PERSON) kingdom, not saying "my"(first person tense) kingdom.
Which christ is this Jesus speaking of ANOTHER & Who's kingdom is this?
“War Scroll” (4Q471)
Where in verse XVII, it says, “God will send eternal bliss by the might of the Princely Angel of the "Kingdom of Michael". He will enlighten with joy the children of Israel.
Also Blessings scroll (1QSb=1Q28b)
V:20 "blessings of the Prince of the Congregation (Michael)
Renew him the covenant of the community, so he might "establish the kingdom of his people for ever", that he might judge the poor with righteousness & dispense Justice with equity to the oppressed.

There is no such thing as Jesus' Kingdom
written anywhere in Jewish writings.
The Roman compiled religion compiled death cult underworld teachings of many pagan cultures so Jesus kingdom is in death while Michael's kingdom is in life (olam habah=time to come).

Deuteronomy\Devarim: 30:19 I call heaven
and earth to witness against you this
day,That I have set before you life and
death, the blessing and the curse;Therefore
choose life, that you may live, you and your
children.

As has been explained before the original biblical concepts have been twisted or misunderstood by most people because there is no central authority ( a standing temple or place of teaching or understanding as some here and elsewhere have some problems with this) to explain even the simplest or basic premise..Course if any of us tried to explain any of this to you before the advent of the internet it would have been almost impossible or deadly to say the least...Michael has pointed out the cloud referance as a prime example and many others over the years..There are others that through the years have given rise to the craziest of ideas such as a physical removal of people from the earth into the sky which people today have come to know as a rapture. Funny thing is none of us have wings so how could this weird event happen unless it is a basic misunderstanding of for example the concept of the Jewish tallit or prayer cloth that we wear during prayer that looks to someone trying to describe it as wings...So Jews wearing these “wings” and attending their houses of prayer are enraptured during praying it is not that they are leaving the earth but soaring during the time they pray and rising above their regular day to day mundane dealings...Remember Hebrew is a poetic toungue and must be looked at like that..If christians and others were to start looking objectively at Jewish concepts from Jewish perspectives then they might find their answers.. NowI am not saying that this explains everything that people believe regarding a rapture but this may explain where the concept originated and how over the years it deviated far from its original premise.For example during Rosh Hashannah or originally Yom Hatruah the trumpet or shofar is sounded 101 times using different notes to appeal, wake or shake the people from their lethargy and enRAPTURE (for want of a better term) them to being better in the coming year. This might explain your thesolonian verse regarding the trumpet call... This concept is repeated every year it is not a one off event and there are stages that lead up to it sort of like a Jewish wedding where the bride is prepared for the groom..There is a deeper more solemn message in these blasts and wedding ceremony as they also call the people to the coming of the Moshiach and the coming kingdom... If one has an open mind and starts to dig and looks truthfully then all the glaring errors and misunderstandings can be removed and the original ideals will shine forth to enlighten even the darkest of minds that have bought into ideas that are way off base to say the least...

As has been explained before the original biblical concepts have been twisted or misunderstood by most people because there is no central authority ( a standing temple or place of teaching or understanding as some here and elsewhere have some problems with this) to explain even the simplest or basic premise..Course if any of us tried to explain any of this to you before the advent of the internet it would have been almost impossible or deadly to say the least...Michael has pointed out the cloud referance as a prime example and many others over the years..There are others that through the years have given rise to the craziest of ideas such as a physical removal of people from the earth into the sky which people today have come to know as a rapture. Funny thing is none of us have wings so how could this weird event happen unless it is a basic misunderstanding of for example the concept of the Jewish tallit or prayer cloth that we wear during prayer that looks to someone trying to describe it as wings...So Jews wearing these “wings” and attending their houses of prayer are enraptured during praying it is not that they are leaving the earth but soaring during the time they pray and rising above their regular day to day mundane dealings...Remember Hebrew is a poetic toungue and must be looked at like that..If christians and others were to start looking objectively at Jewish concepts from Jewish perspectives then they might find their answers.. NowI am not saying that this explains everything that people believe regarding a rapture but this may explain where the concept originated and how over the years it deviated far from its original premise.For example during Rosh Hashannah or originally Yom Hatruah the trumpet or shofar is sounded 101 times using different notes to appeal, wake or shake the people from their lethargy and enRAPTURE (for want of a better term) them to being better in the coming year. This might explain your thesolonian verse regarding the trumpet call... This concept is repeated every year it is not a one off event and there are stages that lead up to it sort of like a Jewish wedding where the bride is prepared for the groom..There is a deeper more solemn message in these blasts and wedding ceremony as they also call the people to the coming of the Moshiach and the coming kingdom... If one has an open mind and starts to dig and looks truthfully then all the glaring errors and misunderstandings can be removed and the original ideals will shine forth to enlighten even the darkest of minds that have bought into ideas that are way off base to say the least...
That's also why the scrolls repeatedly talk
about the "time to come" battle between
Light (knowledge and truth) and Darkness(lies and ignorance and folly)and is revealed what age this takes place in Dan 12 whereby we go to and fro gathering that knowledge (using computers) in the information age (we gather light and remove that darkness). Dan 12 in Bible codes of that chapter use the word computer and in the Hebrew word for computer sits both the secret of the time it is referring to and the first and last name of the messenger of light who battles that darkness with this tool of choice to battle ignorance and propaganda(folly) whether religious, political, or social justice.
And this same message was given to Muslims in the Mecca Ramadan Archangel "Michael" message that they "would understand in it's due time", the focus given to make Sheva(7) trips around the giant rock of "silica" sitting in the "black box" as a "gateway" to the tool used to defeat darkness.

Forum List

Back