Would love to see how the Global Warming idiots explain this one...

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
01_10_2008_DvTempRank_pg.gif

Just like I yell at the GW enthusiasts for cherry picking one year like 1995 or 2005, you can't cherry pick one year and call it a trend. The Earth IS warming, but I believe it's natural. The cooling of 2008 is due to La Nina. When we hit an El Nino season, we'll be very much above average again.

The result of global warming is unpredictable weather patterns all over the earth.

Wow... simply WOW..

First of all, I would like everyone to note the source of this information - scientists. Not bloviating politicians, not columnists, not Hollywood pseudo-stars, but scientists who actually work in the field. Now consider the words of Barack Obama concerning our energy problems and new, "greener" sources...and also the words of John McCain, who echoed much of Barack's greenhouse gas blather. Consider, too, George W. Bush's scorn of the Kyoto Accords a few years back as being nothing more than an attack on American industry - which they were - and his recent spineless reversal of that policy.

Global warming as a man-made phenomenon is a scam designed to do one thing - tax us - and people in both parties are complicit. Man contributes only 5% of the CO2 injected into the atmosphere, and CO2 isn't the problem anyway. A group of scientists a year and a half ago, who took ice cores from the Greenland Ice Cap to sample the atmosphere of 15,000 years ago, discovered that the atmosphere at that time contained 4.7 times the CO2 of today's...in the middle of an ice age. The average CO2 atmospheric content, in fact, has been measured at slightly over 8 parts per million over a span of many thousands of years. Today, our air's CO2 content is about 3.5 parts per million. If anything, we are experiencing a CO2 shortage. That leaves us to examine past epochs, which produced a proven 8 ice ages and interglacial periods of warming, all without the help of man, and all in spite of the lack of a CO2 tax.

We currently face the prospect of a congress in complete concert with a White House that is hell-bent to establish a carbon tax based on a nebulous carbon "footprint". Obama, in fact, has stated in no uncertain terms that he'll attack the coal industry with heavy taxation, enough to bankrupt them (HIS word) ignoring that 49% of American homes currently rely on coal as a means of electrical power production. As a side-bar, the frosting on this sewage cake is his wish to reestablish a capital gains tax on the sale of YOUR house - not just Bill Gates' - to the tune of up to 28% (where you now would pay nothing on a gain of up to $500,000), to reestablish the "death" tax (meaning the government instead of your heirs gets a good chunk of your stuff when you croak), the confiscation of YOUR 401k to bolster Social Security (a Pelosi brain bubble, at least by her recent speech)...and on and on. A kid with a passbook account would have little trouble figuring out where such policies could lead where his money is concerned, but our government...and we too, apparently...can't seem to understand basic principles. Prosperity will not happen if, in the midst of a recession, the govenment demands more of our money. Historically, this formula has never worked, and it never will. So in light of the fact that we can't afford any level of a heavier tax burden to pay for real things, how much sense does it make to establish yet another tax based on a fairy tale so obvious, it would be laughable if not so dangerous?

It is time to fight. It is time to tell our so-called representatives...from BOTH parties...that we will not, under any circumstances, pay a tax on breathing. We will not pay it to them, and we will not pay it to the United Nations, which is the stated ultimate goal. The first step is educating ourselves to the point that we at least recognize that a scientist knows one hell of a lot more about his or her chosen field than a politician with an agenda ever could. This is something we have neglected, which is why we get the "leadership" we've been stuck with in the first place...and I'm including a whole lot more people than just Mr. Obama. Next comes correspondence, the willingness to take the time to let your feelings be known to your senators, representatives, and now, your new president. And finally, we must work for the recall of any and all who support such a ridiculous measure as taxing a footprint, carbon or otherwise.

Contrary to the assertions of Mr. Gore, who happens to be the CEO of Generation Investment Management, the company that sells "carbon credits", greenhouse gases are vital elements in preserving life on this planet. Without them, the mean temperature at the earth's surface would be MINUS 18 degrees Celsius. Carbon is the basis for all life on earth...we are all made of it; it isn't poison. CO2 is necessary during the process of photosynthesis in providing food for plants; life, in short, is not possible at all if CO2 is removed from the equation. To think that we should accept a tax on a natural part of the environment and earth's life cycles is beyond belief. To do so will only prove, to those who think that our main purpose in life is to subsidize them and their idiocy, that we are as stupid as they apparently think we are.

I would ask that you forward this climate map to as many people as you can, including your senators and representatives, along with your demands to the latter that they desist in their efforts to tax air. And while you're at it, tell them that YOUR 401Ks and estates are off limits. If we take this lying down, as we have the erosion of the Constitution and so many other things, we may be pretty much done.

Report says Arctic temperatures at record highs
By RANDOLPH E. SCHMID – Oct 16, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) — Autumn temperatures in the Arctic are at record levels, the Arctic Ocean is getting warmer and less salty as sea ice melts, and reindeer herds appear to be declining, researchers reported Thursday.

"Obviously, the planet is interconnected, so what happens in the Arctic does matter" to the rest of the world, Jackie Richter-Menge of the Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory in Hanover, N.H., said in releasing the third annual Arctic Report Card.

The report, compiled by 46 scientists from 10 countries, looks at a variety of conditions in the Arctic.

The region has long been expected to be among the first areas to show impacts from global warming, which the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says is largely a result of human activities adding carbon dioxide and other gases to the atmosphere.

"Changes in the Arctic show a domino effect from multiple causes more clearly than in other regions," said James Overland, an oceanographer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory in Seattle. "It's a sensitive system and often reflects changes in relatively fast and dramatic ways."

For example, autumn air temperatures in the Arctic are at a record 9 degrees Fahrenheit (5 Celsius) above normal.

The report noted that 2007 was the warmest year on record the Arctic, leading to a record loss of sea ice. This year's sea ice melt was second only to 2007.

The Associated Press: Report says Arctic temperatures at record highs

"Would love to see how the Global Warming idiots explain this one..."

They can't; that's why the term-de-jour is 'climate change'. ;)

Well I'm not an global warming idiot, so I don't think I'm really qualified to make you very happy.

But I think I proabably am qualified to lead you to the reason that global warming does not mean a continuously upward change in termperature...not even when the trend toward warming is evident in the aggregate.

Are you familiar with the concept of the chaos theory?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Chaos Theory (disambiguation).

A plot of the Lorenz attractor for values r = 28, σ = 10, b = 8/3

In mathematics, chaos theory describes the behavior of certain dynamical systems – that is, systems whose states evolve with time – that may exhibit dynamics that are highly sensitive to initial conditions (popularly referred to as the butterfly effect). As a result of this sensitivity, which manifests itself as an exponential growth of perturbations in the initial conditions, the behavior of chaotic systems appears to be random. This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future dynamics are fully defined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved. This behavior is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos.
Chaotic behaviour is also observed in natural systems, such as the weather. This may be explained by a chaos-theoretical analysis of a mathematical model of such a system, embodying the laws of physics that are relevant for the natural system.

"Would love to see how the Global Warming idiots explain this one..."

They can't; that's why the term-de-jour is 'climate change'. ;)

A perfect example of how people with a little bit of knowledge are dangerous. For how many years now have our children had this bullshit scare propaganda crammed into their brains at school instead of things that might really educate them ?
Save the world by giving Al Gore and the UN money ? :rofl::rofl:

And there is a certified nutjob posting directly above me. Kirk--we aint dying of CO2 poisoning no matter what Al Gore has taught you. Exhaling is not a form of slow suicide.

WTF are you talking about?

Al Gore has nothing to do with global warming.

NOAA has the best info.

I have to agree with you CP that even with some measure of global warming, to show proof man did it, takes more than Hanson at NOAA or even Al Gore. I believe both have in mind to profit from fear mongering. I invite any of you ... write a short note to Professor Richard Lindzen at MIT and ask him as a true expert, if man is doing this "dreadful" thing.

Okay, say you believe man is really up to no good.

I will give you all a few recommendations so you may "save the planet."

Focus a lot of your time in stopping your use of energy.
1. Abandon your home and move into a dug out home. Something that you don't have to heat or cool.
2. Smash your car as you recycle it. Smash any form of transportation you own or use.
3. Do not use electricity for anything. You add to the problem as you do when you drive.

Lets all live like they do in the back areas of Africa and in the jungles. We can all make America just like Africa when we put our minds to it.

I remind you all who call that silly or nuts, don't you think if Gore had his way, that is what your life will amount to? Carbon tax my butt. This is one more sneaky tax so they can waste more money all over earth. A Carbon tax will provide the congress with more funds to wage wars. They can try to buy a few more countries.

Man is not to blame. If you really honestly believe we are, follow my points to shed your guilt.

Really?

DailyTech - Deja Vu All Over Again: Blogger Again Finds Error in NASA Climate Data

NASA'S Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) is one of the world's primary sources for climate data. GISS issues regular updates on world temperatures based on their analysis of temperature readings from thousands of monitoring stations over the globe.

GISS’ most recent data release originally reported last October as being extraordinarily warm-- a full 0.78C above normal. This would have made it the warmest October on record; a huge increase over the previous month's data.

Those results set off alarm bells with Steve McIntyre and his gang of Baker Street irregulars at Climateaudit.org. They noted that NASA's data didn't agree at all with the satellite temperature record, which showed October to be very mild, continuing the same trend of slight cooling that has persisted since 1998. So they dug a little deeper.

McKintyre, the same man who found errors last year in GISS's US temperature record, quickly noted that most of the temperature increase was coming from Russia. A chart of world temperatures showed that in October, most of Russia, the largest nation on Earth, was not only registering hot, but literally off the scale. Yet anecdotal reports were suggesting that October was actually slightly colder than normal. Could there be another error in GISS's data?

An alert reader on McKintyre's blog revealed that there was a very large problem. Looking at the actual readings from individual stations in Russia showed a curious anomaly. The locations had all been assigned the exact temperatures from a month earlier-- the much warmer month of September. Russia cools very rapidly in the fall months, so recycling the data from the earlier month had led to a massive temperature increase.

A few locations in Ireland were also found to be using September data.

Steve McKintyre informed GISS of the error by email. According to McKintyre, there was no response, but within "about an hour", GISS pulled down the erroneous data, citing a "mishap" and pointing the finger of blame upstream to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminstration (NOAA).

NOAA's Deputy Director of Communications, Scott Smullens, tells DailyTech that NOAA is responsible only for temperature readings in the US, not those in other nations.

The error not only affected October data, but due to the complex algorithm GISS uses to convert actual temperature readings into their output results, altered the previously published values for several other months as well. The values for August 2008, for instance, changed by 0.11C and the global anomaly as far back as 2005 increased by a hundredth of a degree.

GISS is run by Dr. James Hansen, a strident global warming advocate who has accused oil companies of "crimes against humanity". Hansen recently made headlines when he travelled to London to testify on behalf of a group of environmentalists who had damaged a coal plant in protest against global warming. Hansen also serves as science advisor to Al Gore.

Dr. Hansen could not be reached for comment.

I think you people should really stay out of this type of discussion. Clearly you dont know anything about climate change, I mean if the original poster of this thread brought that data into a climate change conference he would be laughed at. TEMPURATURE IS NOT CLIMATE CHANGE. FOr the millionth time, tempurature is not even a fraction of all the elements and natural symbiotic cycles that go into studying climate change. Anyone can look at a tempurature reading any day of the week, does not make a difference.....what you have to do is look at the RAW data

Evidence of a Warming Earth - The Woods Hole Research Center

There are cites with real life raw data on this website. Whether anthropogenic global warming (man made) exists or not, there is clear data that tempurature correlates to rising c02 levels on a long term and global scale. Its proven, nobody can have half a brain and say that c02 levels are not parrallel with tempurature patterns over the past 400 thousand years.

Whether man is causing tempuratures to rise, is still to be seen but one thing is a fact......man is 100% causing the c02 levels to rise. That is a fact shown in the data I posted. Now seeing as we are in an interglacial period (period between ice ages) we are at conditions where most of our natural cycles ( water cycle, oxygen cycle, sedimentary cycle) are able to keep the tempuratures relatively normal, at the moment. BUT........looking at the data, our carbon cycle is being overextended, it is not within balanced thresholds therefore the c02 levels have skyrocketed since the industrial revolution. Ofcourse we as humans have not even been around long enough to measure the long term effects this has on tempurature, we can only look at data from the past........now if you look at the correlation between c02 levels and tempurature from ice core studies, clearly it is safe to assume without a doubt that our earth can and possibly will rise in tempurature.

That is the argument, its not about what exists because we already have the data.....its about what might happen based on our data from the past. Its about whether or not we should be worried about skyrocketing c02 levels even if they have not effected tempurature in a meaningful way thusfar because to measure tempurature even over 100 years is still not enough data to prove that our current rise in c02 levels will infact effect tempurature long term. Its just impossible to say because our rising c02 levels have only occured over the last 200 years, and as you all know....its take a very very very long time to be able to measure meaningfull global tempurature changes. Its not something you can do over the course of a month or even a year because that makes no sense.

Remeber, if you see evidence you make a realistic prediction. Same thing with a man walking out of a house with a bloody knife, we can assume he killed the dead person inside the house who was found with stab wounds. In laymen terms, the data that has been found on sky rocketting c02 levels is the bloody knife and the dead body is the relation between c02 levels and tempurature in the past 400 thousand years.......you see what Im saying? We can't officially say that we found the killer because it takes decades to measure long term tempurature change. We found our dead body, we found our knife and we are now in the process of locating the DNA on the killers hands. Get it?

Do you people get it now? Or should I explain further.

Last edited:
I think you people should really stay out of this type of discussion. Clearly you dont know anything about climate change, I mean if the original poster of this thread brought that data into a climate change conference he would be laughed at. TEMPURATURE IS NOT CLIMATE CHANGE. FOr the millionth time, tempurature is not even a fraction of all the elements and natural symbiotic cycles that go into studying climate change. Anyone can look at a tempurature reading any day of the week, does not make a difference.....what you have to do is look at the RAW data

Evidence of a Warming Earth - The Woods Hole Research Center

There are cites with real life raw data on this website. Whether anthropogenic global warming (man made) exists or not, there is clear data that tempurature correlates to rising c02 levels on a long term and global scale. Its proven, nobody can have half a brain and say that c02 levels are not parrallel with tempurature patterns over the past 400 thousand years.

Whether man is causing tempuratures to rise, is still to be seen but one thing is a fact......man is 100% causing the c02 levels to rise. That is a fact shown in the data I posted. Now seeing as we are in an interglacial period (period between ice ages) we are at conditions where most of our natural cycles ( water cycle, oxygen cycle, sedimentary cycle) are able to keep the tempuratures relatively normal, at the moment. BUT........looking at the data, our carbon cycle is being overextended, it is not within balanced thresholds therefore the c02 levels have skyrocketed since the industrial revolution. Ofcourse we as humans have not even been around long enough to measure the long term effects this has on tempurature, we can only look at data from the past........now if you look at the correlation between c02 levels and tempurature from ice core studies, clearly it is safe to assume without a doubt that our earth can and possibly will rise in tempurature.

That is the argument, its not about what exists because we already have the data.....its about what might happen based on our data from the passed. Its about whether or not we should be worried about skyrocketing c02 levels even if they have not effected tempurature in a meaningful way thusfar.

Do you people get it now? Or should I explain further.

It's sad when cousins marry and produce offspring like you who are so easily duped into the religion of mad-made climate change:

Sun, Not Man, Is Causing Climate Change
Army: Sun, Not Man, Is Causing Climate Change (Updated) | Danger Room from Wired.com

New Report Calls into Question ‘Man-Made’ Climate Change
CNSNews.com - New Report Calls into Question ?Man-Made? Climate Change

Scientists say climate change is not man-made
Scientists say climate change is not man-made | Thought Criminal

World's Top Scientists 'Manmade Warming' Is A Dangerous Lie
Don't fight, adapt

Need I go on?

It's sad when cousins marry and produce offspring like you who are so easily duped into the religion of mad-made climate change:

Sun, Not Man, Is Causing Climate Change
Army: Sun, Not Man, Is Causing Climate Change (Updated) | Danger Room from Wired.com

CNSNews.com - New Report Calls into Question ?Man-Made? Climate Change

Scientists say climate change is not man-made
Scientists say climate change is not man-made | Thought Criminal

World's Top Scientists 'Manmade Warming' Is A Dangerous Lie
Don't fight, adapt

Need I go on?

I dont see any RAW data in there. I gave you a website, that produces RAW data. Do you see the difference. I dont care how ignorant you are.....anyone can post anything without raw data but I clearly have said that anthropogenic global warming is not official but what is official as I said in my retyped post, is that man made c02 levels ARE official. Yes we are 100% causing the rise in c02 levels......your argument is that it is not effecting tempurature change, which is a valid argument. BUT, in the past........based on our RAW data, it HAS effected climate change. So, like I said we found the bloody knife, we found the dead body.....and all we need is the DNA on the killers hands. Stop making yourself sound so uneducated (which I assume you are). I have done research and worked with climate change scientists for 10 years, how are you going to tell me that what I have seen based on real nubers and real figures.....is discredited based on some op ed newspaper article?

I have seen it, you have not. I have the data......I know the correlation, you do not. Dont talk to me about what I have spent a third of my life documenting and studying.

Last edited:
ftp://cdiac.ornl.gov/pub/trends/co2/vostok.icecore.co2

Again, incase you did not read before....here is RAW data from the Vostok research facility in antarctica. This is c02 levels over the past 400 thousand years.

http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/ftp/trends/temp/vostok/vostok.1999.temp.dat

And here is the RAW data on tempurature over the same period.

I dont know how less biased you can get with this data. Its just plain and simple numbers that tell a clear story. Thats all, you dont have to even listen to me or anyone else, all you have to do is simply click on those links to see the data for yourself. Its not telling you how to vote or what to think, its just simple data. Its as unbiased and pure as it gets. Not to mention it has been scrutinized by the entire scientific community and has held up as legitimate. What do you know that has EVER been scrutinized so harshly yet still accepted as scientific fact among a global community of the best and brightest?

The .gov should be a flashing neon sign dont you think?

Not that you have the capacity to understand any of this data, which is why we leave the scientific predictions to scientists and not you.

Last edited:
she GW's me, she GW's me not....

may i interject a though here? image for a second GW becoming a bona fide, beyond a shadow of a doubt, no longer junk science, a real hard core reality

the next logical step , given that GW would affect the entire world, is to place blame on the particular nations who's lifestyle/industries are the chief culprits...

let that sink in , and get back to me....

A lot of ignorance on display here.

We have increased CO2 in the atmosphere by 39% in the last 200 years. Soon we will have doubled the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. CO2 causes the earth to warm. No one disputes that.

Global warming deniers seem to be caught up in the politics of the situation, but politics is not melting the pole and the glaciers. Warmer temperatures are.

Forum List

Back