Would a great deal of this country be happier with a dictatorship

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
its a pretty honest question considering we have put a man like Obama into office. Obamas style is more suited to running a third world country like Kenya than any democratic nation. Consider that 41% of democrats think that Obama should get Congress's approval on any deal and 27% think of republicans think the same thing. The issue is not whether or not anyone thinks this deal is a good deal or not but whether or not the democratic process should decide what laws and treaties should govern our nation.

I know I said Obama is better suited governing his home country and some people think that is an exaggeration but consider the fact that many third world countries are governed or ruled in a similar fashion. I know democracy is kind of slow sometimes but it is the form of government we have. It requires, by definition, the consent of the people since no politician or policy can stay in power very long, the people ultimately switch politicians.

There is a poster here who has said multiple times that he'd like a "benevolent dictator". Seems like a contradiction in terms to me.

Government control/involvement exists on a continuum. Some definitely lean towards a more authoritarian relationship, more willing to be ruled.

Last edited:
Consider that 41% of democrats think that Obama should get Congress's approval on any deal and 27% think of republicans think the same thing. The issue is not whether or not anyone thinks this deal is a good deal or not but whether or not the democratic process should decide what laws and treaties should govern our nation.

Typo?

its a pretty honest question considering we have put a man like Obama into office. Obamas style is more suited to running a third world country like Kenya than any democratic nation. Consider that 41% of democrats think that Obama should get Congress's approval on any deal and 27% think of republicans think the same thing. The issue is not whether or not anyone thinks this deal is a good deal or not but whether or not the democratic process should decide what laws and treaties should govern our nation.

I know I said Obama is better suited governing his home country and some people think that is an exaggeration but consider the fact that many third world countries are governed or ruled in a similar fashion. I know democracy is kind of slow sometimes but it is the form of government we have. It requires, by definition, the consent of the people since no politician or policy can stay in power very long, the people ultimately switch politicians.

I see Conservatives yearning for Putin posting here frequently.

So yes- I think a large number of conservatives would embrace a dictator as long as he promised them free guns, no more abortion and the right to attack homosexuals.

So yes- I think a large number of conservatives would embrace a dictator as long as he promised them free guns, no more abortion and the right to attack homosexuals.
Yes, conservatives would definitely love a tyrant that had Immigration kick in a million American doors to drag people away into the night, sent troops to put down leftist protests, declared martial law where black people are getting uppity, militarized the southern border etc. in spite of the fact that the constitution forbids all of this stuff.

Yes, conservatives would definitely love a tyrant that had Immigration kick in a million American doors to drag people away into the night, sent troops to put down leftist protests, declared martial law where black people are getting uppity, militarized the southern border etc. in spite of the fact that the constitution forbids all of this stuff.

Or any dictator that promised to bulldoze all the mosques and burn all of the Koran's- they would flock to him.

They'd have loved living under Pinochet or Franco, two evil Right Wing Dictators.

Or any dictator that promised to bulldoze all the mosques and burn all of the Koran's- they would flock to him.
Yes it is not difficult to see who is the most organized and numerous group of authoritarians in this country. Liberals, labor leaders and academics are always the first victims of an authoritarian regime, just so happens that they are at the top of the conservative hate list.

Consider that 41% of democrats think that Obama should get Congress's approval on any deal and 27% think of republicans think the same thing. The issue is not whether or not anyone thinks this deal is a good deal or not but whether or not the democratic process should decide what laws and treaties should govern our nation.

Typo?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Ignorant Content^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They'd have loved living under Pinochet or Franco, two evil Right Wing Dictators.

3718-1439245007-bfc7473f25b4a178f36cc1b72a2b600d.jpg

There is a poster here who has said multiple times that he'd like a "benevolent dictator". Seems like a contradiction in terms to me.

Government control/involvement exists on a continuum. Some definitely lean towards a more authoritarian relationship, more willing to be ruled.

Not really. Not when you understand the meaning of words

They were 100 times better than the leftwing alternative.

Hmmm, no, it actually doesn't. It doesn't prevent the INS from arresting illegals and sending them back to where they came from. It doesn't prevent the government from "militarizing," as you call it, our Southern border. All that means is stationing personnel on the border to stop illegal immigration. I have news for you: we already have a militarized border.

We didn't fail to notice that you attempted to equate perfectly legal and reasonable activities like controlling the borders with activities that your leftwing hero dictators are famous for.

Could you quote some conservative yearning for Putin? . . . . .

I didn't think so.

Dictatorship is what democrats seek, so the answer is yes.

Yes it is not difficult to see who is the most organized and numerous group of authoritarians in this country. Liberals, labor leaders and academics are always the first victims of an authoritarian regime, just so happens that they are at the top of the conservative hate list.

Liberals, "labor leaders" and "academics" are the biggest promoters of authoritarian regimes.

Ironic, isn't it?

Forum List

Back