Would a great deal of this country be happier with a dictatorship

its a pretty honest question considering we have put a man like Obama into office. Obamas style is more suited to running a third world country like Kenya than any democratic nation. Consider that 41% of democrats think that Obama should get Congress's approval on any deal and 27% think of republicans think the same thing. The issue is not whether or not anyone thinks this deal is a good deal or not but whether or not the democratic process should decide what laws and treaties should govern our nation.

I know I said Obama is better suited governing his home country and some people think that is an exaggeration but consider the fact that many third world countries are governed or ruled in a similar fashion. I know democracy is kind of slow sometimes but it is the form of government we have. It requires, by definition, the consent of the people since no politician or policy can stay in power very long, the people ultimately switch politicians.

I see Conservatives yearning for Putin posting here frequently.

So yes- I think a large number of conservatives would embrace a dictator as long as he promised them free guns, no more abortion and the right to attack homosexuals.
Yes, conservatives would definitely love a tyrant that had Immigration kick in a million American doors to drag people away into the night, sent troops to put down leftist protests, declared martial law where black people are getting uppity, militarized the southern border etc. in spite of the fact that the constitution forbids all of this stuff.

Or any dictator that promised to bulldoze all the mosques and burn all of the Koran's- they would flock to him.
Yes it is not difficult to see who is the most organized and numerous group of authoritarians in this country. Liberals, labor leaders and academics are always the first victims of an authoritarian regime, just so happens that they are at the top of the conservative hate list.

Liberals, "labor leaders" and "academics" are the biggest promoters of authoritarian regimes.

Ironic, isn't it?

Everytime I see Brips photo I realize again who we are dealing with.

So yes- I think a large number of conservatives would embrace a dictator as long as he promised them free guns, no more abortion and the right to attack homosexuals.
Yes, conservatives would definitely love a tyrant that had Immigration kick in a million American doors to drag people away into the night, sent troops to put down leftist protests, declared martial law where black people are getting uppity, militarized the southern border etc. in spite of the fact that the constitution forbids all of this stuff.

Or any dictator that promised to bulldoze all the mosques and burn all of the Koran's- they would flock to him.
Yes it is not difficult to see who is the most organized and numerous group of authoritarians in this country. Liberals, labor leaders and academics are always the first victims of an authoritarian regime, just so happens that they are at the top of the conservative hate list.

Liberals, "labor leaders" and "academics" are the biggest promoters of authoritarian regimes.

Ironic, isn't it?

Everytime I see Brips photo I realize again who we are dealing with.

You're dealing with someone who doesn't swallow left-wing lies, ignorance and bullshit.

The professors in pre-war Germany were some of Hitler's most ardent supporters, including a famous philosophy professor by the name of Martin Heidegger

its a pretty honest question considering we have put a man like Obama into office. Obamas style is more suited to running a third world country like Kenya than any democratic nation. Consider that 41% of democrats think that Obama should get Congress's approval on any deal and 27% think of republicans think the same thing. The issue is not whether or not anyone thinks this deal is a good deal or not but whether or not the democratic process should decide what laws and treaties should govern our nation.

I know I said Obama is better suited governing his home country and some people think that is an exaggeration but consider the fact that many third world countries are governed or ruled in a similar fashion. I know democracy is kind of slow sometimes but it is the form of government we have. It requires, by definition, the consent of the people since no politician or policy can stay in power very long, the people ultimately switch politicians.

They'd have loved living under Pinochet or Franco, two evil Right Wing Dictators.

They were 100 times better than the leftwing alternative.
Perfect example of a Con who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about history.

They'd have loved living under Pinochet or Franco, two evil Right Wing Dictators.

Perfect example of a Con who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about history.

You mean I'm an example of one who does know history. What I don't "know" is all the propaganda and brainwashing that you've absorbed.

Most fascist parties were eirther former communist who realized the capitalist system couldn't be overthrown overnight or were heavily influenced by communist parties. The confusion comes from the fact that communist saw all fascist and capitalist countries as identical hence they put them to the right of there home on the left. The fact that the modern Democratic Party seems to echo this same viewpoint that anything everything to the right of communism is fascist seems to indicate where their ideological home is.

I see some people are allowed to post insults. I wish I was.

Most fascist parties were eirther former communist who realized the capitalist system couldn't be overthrown overnight or were heavily influenced by communist parties. The confusion comes from the fact that communist saw all fascist and capitalist countries as identical hence they put them to the right of there home on the left. The fact that the modern Democratic Party seems to echo this same viewpoint that anything everything to the right of communism is fascist seems to indicate where their ideological home is.
Thanks for your opinion. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back