Worst ratings since 9/11

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
Fox News Ratings Hit 12-Year Demo Lows In January Cable News Figures

At the end of each month, cable news ratings are released to the public. And, like clockwork, Fox News dominates the top 13 or so programs, far outstripping its competitors.

January was ... a little different. To be sure, everything is relative in cable news: Fox News still had nine out of the top ten programs. It has spent 11 consecutive years as the top-rated cable news channel. Its 6 AM show drew almost double the ratings of CNN's top-ranking prime time show.

But, as rival MSNBC was quick to point out, and BuzzFeed was quick to trumpet, Fox News had its worst primetime ratings in the coveted 25-54 demo since August 2001, and its lowest total day ratings since June 2008.

It would be nice to think that people are sick of being lied to by fux and so, are turning to true news outlets but I doubt it.

Makes it all the more interesting that they fired $arah.

Wonder who they'll hire to try to drag their butts out of the ratings mud.

Actually, who cares?

People tuned out during the Democratic Convention and Obama's inauguration. So, what's the point, that conservatives aren't interested in watching liberal propaganda? They still kick MSNBC's ass. Rachel beat out Oreilly re-runs - BFD! I guess when you've been on life support for 10 years, you get all excited if there's any movement of all. Even when they're at their lowest point, FOX still beats all the liberals. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

People tuned out during the Democratic Convention and Obama's inauguration. So, what's the point, that conservatives aren't interested in watching liberal propaganda? They still kick MSNBC's ass. Rachel beat out Oreilly re-runs - BFD! I guess when you've been on life support for 10 years, you get all excited if there's any movement of all. Even when they're at their lowest point, FOX still beats all the liberals. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

STILL irrelevant. Again, again, again, the only function of ratings is to determine how much you can charge for ads. It measures attention, not assent. Who "beats" who in the ratings means things in terms of those channels' marketing themselves. It means nothing in terms of the ideology of the viewing public.

If Fox Noise is losing audience, it's because it's losing attention. That could be for any number of reasons, including that it was living in its own Bubble so much that it completely flunked the election season and it dawned on more people that they are a Bubble. It could be because Glenn Beck isn't on there barking at the camera like a dog. Who knows. But they'll have to come up with something outrageous to get that attention back, just as Limblob did a year ago with Slutgate for the same reason.

It's also demographics. Their audience of old white geezers with one foot in the grave is dying off. That's life. You adjust with the times, or you fade to black.

STILL irrelevant. Again, again, again, the only function of ratings is to determine how much you can charge for ads. It measures attention, not assent. Who "beats" who in the ratings means things in terms of those channels' marketing themselves. It means nothing in terms of the ideology of the viewing public.

If Fox Noise is losing audience, it's because it's losing attention. That could be for any number of reasons, including that it was living in its own Bubble so much that it completely flunked the election season and it dawned on more people that they are a Bubble. It could be because Glenn Beck isn't on there barking at the camera like a dog. Who knows. But they'll have to come up with something outrageous to get that attention back, just as Limblob did a year ago with Slutgate for the same reason.

It's also demographics. Their audience of old white geezers with one foot in the grave is dying off. That's life. You adjust with the times, or you fade to black.
Your racist remarks don't do much for your image, they just illustrate your hatred.

Your racist remarks don't do much for your image, they just illustrate your hatred.

"Racist"?? :rofl:
Where the fuck do you see "racist"?? Do you have any idea what the word "racist" means? :cuckoo:
Hint: it's got nothing to do with cars....

Hint 2: "fade to black" is a showbiz term. As in "black screen" - no image.

Weird post.

Fox News tops in cable news for 11 years; Brian Williams wins week

By Hal Boedeker Staff writer
5:10 p.m. EST,
January 29, 2013

Brian Williams was tops last week in the evening news race, and Fox News Channel won January in cable news.

The Fox News victory was notable because it means the channel has been tops in cable news for 11 straight years.

For prime time in January, Fox News averaged 1.6 million viewers to MSNBC's 790,000 and CNN's 664,000. The race for viewers in the 25-to-54 age group was closer: Fox News with 267,000 viewers to MSNBC's 235,000 and CNN's 200,000.

Fox News had 13 of the 15 most-watched programs in cable news.

Fox News tops in cable news for 11 years; Brian Williams wins week - OrlandoSentinel.com
Oops.

Fox News rules...again.

Where the fuck do you see "racist"?? Do you have any idea what the word "racist" means? :cuckoo:

Weird post.
This is where the fuck I see "racist"!
Their audience of old white geezers with one foot in the grave is dying off.

At the end of each month, cable news ratings are released to the public. And, like clockwork, Fox News dominates the top 13 or so programs, far outstripping its competitors.

January was ... a little different. To be sure, everything is relative in cable news: Fox News still had nine out of the top ten programs. It has spent 11 consecutive years as the top-rated cable news channel. Its 6 AM show drew almost double the ratings of CNN's top-ranking prime time show.

But, as rival MSNBC was quick to point out, and BuzzFeed was quick to trumpet, Fox News had its worst primetime ratings in the coveted 25-54 demo since August 2001, and its lowest total day ratings since June 2008.

Liberals crack me up. Still crying over Fox News. Its not enough for MSNBC to have a circle jerk for Obama and/or Hilary every night, you've got to whine about Fox kicking their ass day in and day out.

Weird post.

-- And I repeat... where the fuck do you see anything "racist"?? Do you just not understand what the word means? Are you new to English?

rac·ism
[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I suggest you buy a dictionary.

Last edited:
Fox News still had nine out of the top ten programs. It has spent 11 consecutive years as the top-rated cable news channel. Its 6 AM show drew almost double the ratings of CNN's top-ranking prime time show.

So let me get this straight. You and MSNBC are celebrating even though you still lost.

Wow. I guess you're hoping for one of those "participation" trophies?

Liberals crack me up. Still crying over Fox News. Its not enough for MSNBC to have a circle jerk for Obama and/or Hilary every night, you've got to whine about Fox kicking their ass day in and day out.

Dunno if anyone's "crying" but this is the media forum so commentary about some channel's ratings would seem appropriately placed.

The last phrase in the thread title is significant: "since 9/11". There's less drama going on in the world and since that's what Fox lives on, its ability to make it up might just be wearing thin as audience starts to realize that the doom and gloom they sell every day just isn't reality. It could be that the American public has reached a saturation point of how much it will put up with.

Hold that quote, H.L. Mencken... :eek:

I know of no true news outlets right now.

Care to name a few?

BBC?

Most of the US news services seem to do a decent job to me, although by any international standard, Fox is not in any way new service. It would be a great thing for America if conservatives started watching a more centrist news service, rather than just swallowing whatever garbage Fox wants to feed them.

Conservatives need to understand that the extremism of Fox is why they did not win the election.

Last edited:
I know of no true news outlets right now.

Care to name a few?

BBC?

Most of the US news services seem to do a decent job to me, although by any international standard, Fox is not in any way new service. It would be a great thing for America if conservatives started watching a more centrist news service, rather than just swallowing whatever garbage Fox wants to feed them.

Conservatives need to understand that the extremism of Fox is why they did not win the election.

I like CBC myself but there's a wide range out there that can and should be used. With so much available on the internets, assuming a basic ability to discern the difference between legitimate news and blogs, there's just no excuse for relying on the Fox Noise/MSNBC/HLN model.

Of course that assumption ^^ may be expecting a bit much, considering some of the wackadoodle posts made on message boards like this...

Fox is really sucking hind tit, aren't they... you stupid assfucking idiot...

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for January 28, 2013
P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
Total Day
FNC 1,151 224 444
CNN 359 109 157
MSNBC 487 135 229
CNBC 173 54 95
FBN 54 10 22
HLN 215 98 125

Primetime P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC 2,076 360 760
CNN 550 182 263
MSNBC 970 237 486
CNBC 282 109 173
FBN 35 12 18
HLN 346 112 176

Net Morning programs (6-9 AM) P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC FOX & Friends 1,003 227 416
CNN Early Start/Starting Point 193 69 105
MSNBC Morning Joe 412 160 231
CNBC Squawk Box 123 44 74
HLN Morning Express w/ Meade 247 163 192

Net 5PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC FIVE, THE 1,991 381 795
CNN Situation Room 471 119 211
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 828 196 368
CNBC FAST MONEY 194 40 79
HLN EVENING EXPRESS 134 66 66

Net 6PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC SPECIAL RPT W/BRET BAIER 1,958 275 652
CNN Situation Room 449 123 168
MSNBC POLITICS NATION 726 153 332
CNBC Mad Money 188 43 88
HLN EVENING EXPRESS 242 112 119

Net 7PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC The Fox Report W/S.SMITH 1,768 303 707
CNN ERIN BURNETT OUTFRONT 537 169 228
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 850 193 403
CNBC Kudlow Report 158 36 70
HLN JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL 235 109 137

Net 8PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 3,003 557 1,121
CNN Anderson Cooper 360 657 250 337
MSNBC Ed Show 931 206 470
CNBC CRUISE INC. 291 156 204
HLN Nancy Grace 478 138 218

Net 9PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC Hannity 1,687 288 639
CNN Piers Morgan Tonight 545 143 248
MSNBC Rachel Maddow Show 1,127 314 582
CNBC SECRET LIVES: MEGA HOMES 307 100 188
HLN Dr. Drew ON CALL 257 95 145

Net 10PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC ON THE RECORD W/GRETA 1,525 233 516
CNN Anderson Cooper 360 449 152 204
MSNBC Last Word W/ L. ODONNELL 846 189 401
CNBC AMERICAN GREED 248 70 127
HLN Nancy Grace 304 105 166

Net 11PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 979 212 377
CNN ERIN BURNETT OUTFRONT 359 162 161
MSNBC Ed Show 422 103 188
CNBC Mad Money 110 49 86
HLN SHOWBIZ TONIGHT 203 57 126

Guess you missed the story on how big head Hannity has lost half of his viewers since the re-election of President Obama, as O'Really has lost a good chunk of his audience too.

Big fooking deal when you realize how the game is played. For example did you know that the Faux Channel is free with most all basic cable providers? This is a fact, but for MSNBC channel with those same providers isn't.

Meaning that if you have one of those cable providers you would have to pay extra because its bundle in a package above the basic subscription. Not to forget that most all Truck Stops are paid to have it on the Faux channel exclusively. So to brag on Faux numbers being so much greater than that Leftist MSNBC Channel, is foolish on your part once I took you to school on how they achieve the viewership they do.

Weird post.

-- And I repeat... where the fuck do you see anything "racist"?? Do you just not understand what the word means? Are you new to English?

rac·ism
[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

I guess you don't read so well.

Fox is really sucking hind tit, aren't they... you stupid assfucking idiot...

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for January 28, 2013
P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
Total Day
FNC 1,151 224 444
CNN 359 109 157
MSNBC 487 135 229
CNBC 173 54 95
FBN 54 10 22
HLN 215 98 125

Primetime P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC 2,076 360 760
CNN 550 182 263
MSNBC 970 237 486
CNBC 282 109 173
FBN 35 12 18
HLN 346 112 176

Net Morning programs (6-9 AM) P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC FOX & Friends 1,003 227 416
CNN Early Start/Starting Point 193 69 105
MSNBC Morning Joe 412 160 231
CNBC Squawk Box 123 44 74
HLN Morning Express w/ Meade 247 163 192

Net 5PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC FIVE, THE 1,991 381 795
CNN Situation Room 471 119 211
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 828 196 368
CNBC FAST MONEY 194 40 79
HLN EVENING EXPRESS 134 66 66

Net 6PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC SPECIAL RPT W/BRET BAIER 1,958 275 652
CNN Situation Room 449 123 168
MSNBC POLITICS NATION 726 153 332
CNBC Mad Money 188 43 88
HLN EVENING EXPRESS 242 112 119

Net 7PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC The Fox Report W/S.SMITH 1,768 303 707
CNN ERIN BURNETT OUTFRONT 537 169 228
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 850 193 403
CNBC Kudlow Report 158 36 70
HLN JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL 235 109 137

Net 8PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 3,003 557 1,121
CNN Anderson Cooper 360 657 250 337
MSNBC Ed Show 931 206 470
CNBC CRUISE INC. 291 156 204
HLN Nancy Grace 478 138 218

Net 9PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC Hannity 1,687 288 639
CNN Piers Morgan Tonight 545 143 248
MSNBC Rachel Maddow Show 1,127 314 582
CNBC SECRET LIVES: MEGA HOMES 307 100 188
HLN Dr. Drew ON CALL 257 95 145

Net 10PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC ON THE RECORD W/GRETA 1,525 233 516
CNN Anderson Cooper 360 449 152 204
MSNBC Last Word W/ L. ODONNELL 846 189 401
CNBC AMERICAN GREED 248 70 127
HLN Nancy Grace 304 105 166

Net 11PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 979 212 377
CNN ERIN BURNETT OUTFRONT 359 162 161
MSNBC Ed Show 422 103 188
CNBC Mad Money 110 49 86
HLN SHOWBIZ TONIGHT 203 57 126

Hey chicken shit, dumbass you need to read my reply after this post and then take those numbers and shove them hard and fast up your ass.

Now for others that may wonder why I'm referring to this particular piece of shit in the manner I did is because he likes to attack me via pm behind the scenes and call me out of name, but too chicken shit to where he doesn't allow me to respond back to him via pm when he sends his negative Pm's.

Thus he can suck my dick!

rac·ism
[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun

I guess you don't read so well.

Still waiting... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back