World's most elite combat soldiers?

Who is the best of the best?

Discuss.

Depends what you mean.

If you mean Special operations that is one question. If you mean a general Combat force that is another.

I would submit that the US Marines are the best overall Combat troops.

As for Special ops, well that gets a bit dicey.

• Banned
Whoever has the biggest bomb and is crazy enough to use it, wins

For clearly having nothing to add to the discussion but being unable to resist nevertheless, and then being able to come up with nothing but a seriously lame attempt at sarcasm, you sir...

...fail.

<insert funny google search "fail" image here>

Conventional Warfare? Probably the US Army Infantry, Including Rangers and Delta. Not to mention the Royal Marines, those guys can pack a serious punch.. And of course our own Marines.

Armored Warfare? I would say the M1A1 Is at a huge advantage over it's Russian Competitor.

Air Warfare? Depends.. The F-22 Is one piece of Engineering.. I would have to go with the Navy and Air Force.

What else em I missing?

Conventional Warfare? Probably the US Army Infantry, Including Rangers and Delta. Not to mention the Royal Marines, those guys can pack a serious punch.. And of course our own Marines.

Armored Warfare? I would say the M1A1 Is at a huge advantage over it's Russian Competitor.

Air Warfare? Depends.. The F-22 Is one piece of Engineering.. I would have to go with the Navy and Air Force.

What else em I missing?

Delta Force is the antithesis of conventional.

Ranger Regiment belongs to special operations, but in reality they are a damn good Infantry Unit. Based on what I saw, I'd put them among the best infantry units in the DOD.

What else em I missing?

Ranger Regiment belongs to special operations, but in reality they are a damn good Infantry Unit. Based on what I saw, I'd put them among the best infantry units in the DOD.

Excuse me, I should have probably created a Special Forces List..

Yep, Ranger school is hell though.. literally.

literally.png

The unit that the Pentagon still denies exists and whose members don't all write books about the stuff they did when they leave the Army.

Delta Force.
We're still not supposed to know about those guys?

The phrase 'well-known secret' comes to mind.

Yeah. Everyone knows about them. However, they aren't "officially recognized" by the Pentagon. There is no line in the Army's Budgit to support the "Delta Force" or "Operational Detachment Delta".

There are other units like that too. The "Army Of North Virginia", etc.

What else em I missing?

Ranger School certainly sucks. However, Ranger Regiment is the Army's actual Ranger unit that conducts Ranger Missions (they used to specialize in taking down airfields).

Lots of people go to Ranger School and never go to Ranger Regiment.

So we'll call them Grey Ops?

Translucent ops?

I've always admired the Delta Force's code of Omerta. One of the operators wrote a book about his time in Delta Force and was immediately ostracized by the community.

To this day, I couldn't tell you if I ever saw a Delta Force Operator when I was in the Army.

Other elite units? Not so much. They could probably fill a library with books written by ex SEALs though I suppose DEVGRU would be analogous.

Ranger School certainly sucks. However, Ranger Regiment is the Army's actual Ranger unit that conducts Ranger Missions (they used to specialize in taking down airfields).

Lots of people go to Ranger School and never go to Ranger Regiment.

True that, Most people do it for the Patch and gain some Bragging Rights, and rightfully so. Most Infantry Officers go through that to make sure their Men know he's been through shit and knows what to do..

Forum List

Back