World War One Through Arab Eyes

Back to topic. It's also interesting, given the current situation, that episode 3 highlighted that it was the Colonial powers of Britain and France that created many, if not all, the tensions between people who were, up until 1918 all Ottoman subjects. Once you get a regime favouring one group over another,i.e. French and the Alawi's or British and the Zionist colonists, you get resentment and tension between them and those less favoured. The problems between Sunni and Shia Muslims were created by the French and the abolition of the Caliphate by Ataturk, meant there was no longer a "Supreme person/judge" to refer to, to iron over these differences/resentments. This was also highlighted in a BBC documentary by Dan Snow earlier this year BBC - A History Of Syria With Dan Snow - Media centre sadly I couldn't find a You-tube link but it's worth watching if you can. the subject is also discussed in The Ottomans: Europe's Muslim Emperors, another good BBC documentary sadly not on You Tube. :(

It is very important in deciphering islamo Nazi propaganda to
understand that the CALIPHATES of the past-----all of them---the one head quartered in Baghdad, Constantinople,
Cordova, and the Moghul empire-------were all entirely peaceful---remarkable prosperous ----HEAVEN ON EARTH -situations------then ----"the west" showed up

Back to topic. It's also interesting, given the current situation, that episode 3 highlighted that it was the Colonial powers of Britain and France that created many, if not all, the tensions between people who were, up until 1918 all Ottoman subjects
The British did not back Zionism out of humanitarian reactions to European anti-Semitism; they did so in order to create a "little loyal Jewish Ulster" near the Suez Canal during the time when the Royal Navy was switching from coal to oil power.
"Following the absorption of the Ottoman Empire after World War I, the British set about shoring up their rule by the tried and true strategy of pitting ethnic group against ethnic group, tribe against tribe, and religion against religion.

"When British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour issued his famous 1917 Declaration guaranteeing a 'homeland' for the Jewish people in Palestine, he was less concerned with righting a two thousand year old wrong than creating divisions that would serve growing British interests in the Middle East."
Divide and Conquer as Imperial Rules - FPIF

Back to topic. It's also interesting, given the current situation, that episode 3 highlighted that it was the Colonial powers of Britain and France that created many, if not all, the tensions between people who were, up until 1918 all Ottoman subjects
The British did not back Zionism out of humanitarian reactions to European anti-Semitism; they did so in order to create a "little loyal Jewish Ulster" near the Suez Canal during the time when the Royal Navy was switching from coal to oil power.
"Following the absorption of the Ottoman Empire after World War I, the British set about shoring up their rule by the tried and true strategy of pitting ethnic group against ethnic group, tribe against tribe, and religion against religion.

"When British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour issued his famous 1917 Declaration guaranteeing a 'homeland' for the Jewish people in Palestine, he was less concerned with righting a two thousand year old wrong than creating divisions that would serve growing British interests in the Middle East."

Good article, although dated. I like the end bit, "Divide and conquer fails in the long run, but only after it inflicts stupendous damage, engendering hatreds that still convulse countries like Nigeria, India and Ireland. In the end it will fail to serve even the interests of the power that uses it. England kept Ireland divided for 800 years, but in the end, it lost.

The Israelis would do well to remember the Irish poet Patrick Pearse’s eulogy over the grave of the old Fenian revolutionary, Jeremian “Rossa” O’Donovan: “I say to my people’s masters, beware. Beware of the thing that is coming. Beware of the risen people who shall take what yea would not give.”

thanks for sharing

Actually Ireland is still divided today, and those in the south wish they were part of the British Isles after their economy took a nose dive and meltdown

lawrence-of-arabia.jpg

Lawrence of Arabia

The motivations of the British people have never been an issue for me--------I do object to those little egg cups---the
one in which one perches a soft boiled egg----taps it opened
with the back of a spoon and forces the gooey contents into
the reluctant mouth of a four year old 'finicky eater'------ie ---me----long ago YUCK -----i blame the brits

Looks like the whole 3 part series is available on Al-Jazeera English, here World War One Through Arab Eyes - Special series - Al Jazeera English and if anyone is interested in seeing a perspective on what's going on in the region other than that provided by Fox News, the site has many, many, stories, articles and podcasts about Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Iran, Turkey, etc. but please, if you do find anything of interest there, start a thread elsewhere, otherwise you'll just get the Bigot Bimbos and their Phoney friend spamming your thread. Enjoy. :D

And you believe Al Jazeera to be unbiased and non partisan do you ?

that and the Koran is perfect and contains all the wisdom of
the universe

Good article, although dated. I like the end bit, "Divide and conquer fails in the long run, but only after it inflicts stupendous damage, engendering hatreds that still convulse countries like Nigeria, India and Ireland. In the end it will fail to serve even the interests of the power that uses it. England kept Ireland divided for 800 years, but in the end, it lost.

The Israelis would do well to remember the Irish poet Patrick Pearse’s eulogy over the grave of the old Fenian revolutionary, Jeremian “Rossa” O’Donovan: “I say to my people’s masters, beware. Beware of the thing that is coming. Beware of the risen people who shall take what yea would not give.”

thanks for sharing

Actually Ireland is still divided today, and those in the south wish they were part of the British Isles after their economy took a nose dive and meltdown

Uhm.....for further commentary on that subject-----I will go down to patty's bar and consult ------the patrons therein.
I will wear my green beret------do I have to drink beer?

Ireland is where an English King hit on the idea of divide and conquer in 1609 when his loyal conservative hired killers forcibly evicted two large Catholic clans from the north and replaced them with 20,000 immigrant protestants thereby creating the Ulster Plantation.

thanks for sharing

Ireland is where an English King hit on the idea of divide and conquer in 1609 when his loyal conservative hired killers forcibly evicted two large Catholic clans from the north and replaced them with 20,000 immigrant protestants thereby creating the Ulster Plantation.

an English king invented the idea? -------well---not really----
shifting people around in order to control and destroy-----was being done long before the English crumpet was invented.
In fact----the "Babylonian captivity" ----was just such a ploy---
by the ----old time "Iraqi" king Nebuchadnezzar.-------The Romans did it too-----as did the Persians (more or less)

It is the heritage upon which the REICHS were built-------
and the caliphates-----the first act on the part of the
KING OF ARABIA----muhummad----was get rid of all---
non worshippers of THE KING (aka caliph aka muhummad and his successors) I am not sure how the
Chinese and Japanese empires functioned-----but the Moghuls MURDERED in the hundreds of millions all
non worshippers---------gee you are dim

an English king invented the idea?
Who said "invented the idea?"

who said? ------scores of muslims from southeast asia-----credit all the problems of muslims in the world to WESTERN
IMPERIALISM------those in india and Pakistan are especially
focused on the BRITISH EMPIRE as the destroyers of the
GLORIOUS MOGHUL EMPIRE. Then----of course----there is
the ZIONIST CONTROLLED CIA

Meanwhile, how about you have Al Jazeera make up a documentary about this which happens in your own country??? And for really current events, how about Al Jazeera make a documentary about how the Christians are being persecuted in the Muslim world? Surely, even you must be aware of it.

Poppy-burning Muslims plan new hell for heroes demonstration on November 11 Daily Mail Online

Fine, post a thread about it in Europe forum, this thread is about the impact of WW1 on the modern Middle East.

Wrong it is just more ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDA that you are being told to post

You mean like the voices in your head that tell you to troll this thread with meaningless twaddle?

Look everyone the TROLL cant answer the points raised so resorts to the ISLAMONAZI book of deflection rule 19

If all else fails accuse the person of mental illness and stand back.......................

Phoenall, I feel sorry for the English people if they have Dhimwits like Mr. Twitching Whiskers and the rest of the one-trick English ponies on these forums who don't care what is actually happening in the Middle East where tens of thousands have been killed and are only interested in dragging in Israel in a derogatory manner in one way or another. No wonder that Paki Brit poster (you know who I mean) was always bragging that the Muslims are going to take over England. He realized that there were such a bunch of Dhimwits living there such as many of the Brits posting here that they would just roll over for the Muslims to take over.

an English king invented the idea?
Who said "invented the idea?"

who said? ------scores of muslims from southeast asia-----credit all the problems of muslims in the world to WESTERN
IMPERIALISM------those in india and Pakistan are especially
focused on the BRITISH EMPIRE as the destroyers of the
GLORIOUS MOGHUL EMPIRE. Then----of course----there is

Instead of obsessing only over the colonization by European countries, maybe we should also start obsessing over the colonization by the Muslims themselves. I think we all realize that the Muslim world that we see today didn't just magically appear on the scene. There certainly were other people there before the Muslims took over.

The Colonization Crimes of Islam

The Colonialist Crimes of Islam - Op-Eds - Arutz Sheva

lawrence-of-arabia.jpg

Lawrence of Arabia

Complex individual, much dispised in the Arab world who believe he betrayed them. personally I think he did his best but was outclassed by the professional politicians at Versailles. He did, at least, along with Gertrude Bell, help establish the Hashemite dynasties in Arabia, Iraq and Jordan. Ironically, his book, Seven Pillars of Wisdom was used by the American and British forces to train officers in Arab tribal customs and traditions, that's how little we knew about the region before we invaded Iraq.

Meanwhile, how about you have Al Jazeera make up a documentary about this which happens in your own country??? And for really current events, how about Al Jazeera make a documentary about how the Christians are being persecuted in the Muslim world? Surely, even you must be aware of it.

Poppy-burning Muslims plan new hell for heroes demonstration on November 11 Daily Mail Online

Fine, post a thread about it in Europe forum, this thread is about the impact of WW1 on the modern Middle East.

Wrong it is just more ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDA that you are being told to post

You mean like the voices in your head that tell you to troll this thread with meaningless twaddle?

Look everyone the TROLL cant answer the points raised so resorts to the ISLAMONAZI book of deflection rule 19

If all else fails accuse the person of mental illness and stand back.......................

Care to provide a link to "the ISLAMONAZI book of deflection rule 19"? Or is this yet another of the many, many, demonstrations of your deluded mental state Phoney/iRosie?

Then----of course----there is
Not to mention Ha$bara.

First rule of Ha$bara...don't mention Ha$bara! :D

Naturally the Dhimwits consistently show us that chimps are smarter than they are because chimps can show them how to type the other signs on the keyboard besides the dollar sign. Anyone can research Arab Propaganda and how good it is, and the anti-Semitic Dhimwits just lap it up. Meanwhile, of course, the Dhimwits have no interest at all in what is happening in the rest of the Middle East where tens of thousands have been killed because they can't blame the Jews for this. Do you think they would ever report on what has happened to all these innocent people? No way José since it is their newfound friends who are doing the killings of both Muslims and Christians.

Not to mention Ha$bara.

right ----and those blood matzohs----and the Zionist created
earthquakes-------and the transformation of base metals to gold---etc etc------LET IT ALL HANG OUT

One of the funniest I think is the Arabs claiming that the Jews train rats to only go into houses of Arabs. That a good trick if you are able to do something like that.
Not to mention Ha$bara.

earthquakes-------and the transformation of base metals to gold---etc etc------LET IT ALL HANG OUT

One of the funniest is that the Jews train rats to go only in the houses of Arabs in Jerusalem. That's a good trick if you can do it. Just the other day the Japanese gave an apology for an ad pushing a book that claimed that Israel was responsible for the tsunami. I don't know if they still have that attraction at Universal City of Moses parting the Red Sea. If they do, perhaps they should now have a new one instead of Moses causing the tsunami in Japan.

Not to mention Ha$bara.

One of the funniest I think is the Arabs claiming that the Jews train rats to only go into houses of Arabs. That a good trick if you are able to do something like that.
Not to mention Ha$bara.

One of the funniest is that the Jews train rats to go only in the houses of Arabs in Jerusalem. That's a good trick if you can do it. Just the other day the Japanese gave an apology for an ad pushing a book that claimed that Israel was responsible for the tsunami. I don't know if they still have that attraction at Universal City of Moses parting the Red Sea. If they do, perhaps they should now have a new one instead of Moses causing the tsunami in Japan.

You must have missed the TRAINED SNAKES------at least a rat has a brain-----that can be trained-------a snake barely has a glob
of neurons in its "head" actually ----it barely has a head
Muslims have been using libels against jews since the time of the meccan pig-------and ALSO use them against hindus in India-----
hindus cause earthquakes to PREFERENTIALLY harm muslims.

Wasn't there are SHARK libel ----a few years ago----sharks don't have much of a brain either

Forum List

Back