World Series tainted by broken bat.

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
What a shame. Players go out and play their hearts out. Fans pay ludicrous amounts of money for seats. And the world series winds up with people having to wonder who really would have won if only MLB didn't have its head up its ass with the kind of bats they buy.

The players fought a tough series. Congratulations to them. But MLB itself should be condemned for ruining this world series by having it be decided on a broken bat "hit".
If what became the series winning RBI had not been a broken bat, the swing would most likely have been a routine flyout, and the game would have been tied 2-2, going into extra innings.

I'm disgusted that MLB has allowed the use of these piece of shit bats that break just about every inning. I was always wondering when this problem would surface to fuck up a really important game (and indeed a whole world series). I remember watching baseball games years ago, and not seeing a broken bat for months. What the hell are these bats made of nowadays, balsa wood ?

Somebody need to get a handle on this. MLB is a train wreck bad enough already, with teams like the Tampa Bay Rays, gone to hell with an owner who won't support his team, along with drug scandals, etc.

What a shame. Players go out and play their hearts out. Fans pay ludicrous amounts of money for seats. And the world series winds up with people having to wonder who really would have won if only MLB didn't have its head up its ass with the kind of bats they buy.

The players fought a tough series. Congratulations to them. But MLB itself should be condemned for ruining this world series by having it be decided on a broken bat "hit".
If what became the series winning RBI had not been a broken bat, the swing would most likely have been a routine flyout, and the game would have been tied 2-2, going into extra innings.

I'm disgusted that MLB has allowed the use of these piece of shit bats that break just about every inning. I was always wondering when this problem would surface to fuck up a really important game (and indeed a whole world series). I remember watching baseball games years ago, and not seeing a broken bat for months. What the hell are these bats made of nowadays, balsa wood ?

Somebody need to get a handle on this. MLB is a train wreck bad enough already, with teams like the Tampa Bay Rays, gone to hell with an owner who won't support his team, along with drug scandals, etc.
I really don't give a shit, haven't watched a MLB game in 40 years, but, at least they don't use those goddamned aluminium bats with the hear shattering PING like they do in college.

Broken bat hits and lucky hits are part and parcel of baseball, and one of the main reasons for its fascination. One player hits a line drive that is caught with a miraculous effort, then the next guy is completely fooled by a pitch, hits the ball of the end of the bat, and ends up hitting a double down the line. That's baseball.

The pity of this series was that it was one guy beating the other team. Never in my lifetime have I seen such an example of a "One Man Team." The Giants should be hanging their heads in embarrassment.

Broken bats usually hurt the batter more than help him. It is part of the game. Sometimes you get a lucky hit other times you make great contact and get an out.

Broken bat hits and lucky hits are part and parcel of baseball, and one of the main reasons for its fascination. One player hits a line drive that is caught with a miraculous effort, then the next guy is completely fooled by a pitch, hits the ball of the end of the bat, and ends up hitting a double down the line. That's baseball.

The pity of this series was that it was one guy beating the other team. Never in my lifetime have I seen such an example of a "One Man Team." The Giants should be hanging their heads in embarrassment.

I have seen stud pitchers dominate a series before. Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson, Orel Hersheiser. Good pitching beats good hitting.

You have never seen a pitcher win three games in one seven-game series - like he did. Nobody's making excuses for anyone. I'm just pointing out that when push came to shove, the Giants' manager knew that if anyone else was on the mound they would lose.

One.

Man.

Team.

The other 24 guys should be embarrassed to collect their winners' share checks.

You have never seen a pitcher win three games in one seven-game series - like he did. Nobody's making excuses for anyone. I'm just pointing out that when push came to shove, the Giants' manager knew that if anyone else was on the mound they would lose.

One.

Man.

Team.

The other 24 guys should be embarrassed to collect their winners' share checks.

I've seen it before
Koufax, Bob Gibson, Mickey Lolich, Randy Johnson

Its all part of World Series legend

You have never seen a pitcher win three games in one seven-game series - like he did. .

The following pitchers have all won three games in the world series.

Randy Johnson, Mickey Lolich, Bob Gibson, Lew Burdette, Harry Brecheen, Stan Coveleski, Red Faber, Joe Wood, Jack Coombs, Babe Adams, Christy Matthewson, Deacon Phillippe and Bill Dinneen.

Since his performance in game 7 resulted in a save rather than a win, however, he has not joined that particular club.

Forum List

Back