World drought and Global Warming

God commanded us to subdue the earth. There's nothing wrong with exploiting the planet's natural resources, that's why God put them there. The Left demands that nobody can use resources and we must revert to the stone age, which is why their hatred of the coal and oil industries waxes so hot.

Nothing wrong with using resources wisely. There's a lot wrong with being a bad ruler, a poor caretaker or someone who destroys a gift.

God also told Noah this:
Genesis 8:17
"Bring out with you every living thing of all flesh that is with you, birds and animals and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, that they may breed abundantly on the earth, and be fruitful and multiply on the earth."

If you gave your child a family heirloom, would you expect them to cherish it and take care of it? Use it if it's a tool? Yes. Would you be disappointed if they misused it, neglected it and, worse, destroyed it? I would be.
I'm not sure what your point is. How are we using it unwisely?
Jesus fucking Christ. How are we using it unwisely! We have depleted major fishing areas to the point that we have changed the ecology to where the prior dominant species are having a difficult time re-establishing themselves. The cod fisheries off North America is a prime example. We have poisoned whole rivers, you can see that in China right now, and in the US in the fly ash spills, and the results of mountain top removal mining. There is a vast amount of plastic garbage in our oceans that are having an adverse effect on the marine species. And we are changing the climate at a rate that the plants and animals cannot adjust to.

Northern Africa

Tunisia goes thirsty as repeated droughts raise concerns

Ethiopia hit by worst drought in decades

"Ethiopia hit by worst drought in decades"

India

India drought: '330 million people affected' - BBC News

"
India drought: '330 million people affected'"

Curfew in Indian tech hub over deadly water protests

Southern Africa

Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe declares drought disaster - BBC News

"Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has declared a state of disaster in rural parts of the country hit by a drought."

drought_2_25C_2014_Dai.png

There appears to be a lot of drought in the world at present, Southern Africa is suffering, Northern Africa is suffering, India is suffering too. Is this the effect of Global Warming? The effect of El Niño? Both, how much of this is natural and how much of this is man made?

Drought has existed in these places before. However having drought affecting so many people at the same time is going to cause a massive strain on the world soon.
A projected model using computers.
LOL, whadda farce.
I am sure that the people in California thing that it is all a farce. LOL

You assholes are so stupid. The models are never right, but they are useful. You were saying right up until 2000 that there was no warming. When it became so obvious that it was warming, and everyone could see it in their backyard, you changed the tune to "it is all natural". In spite of the fact that it quite obviously was not.

Now you are saying that "Don't worry, the sun is putting out less energy, so it will cool". Again ignoring the reality that the sun has been cooling very slightly for over a decade now, and we are experiancing the hottest years on record. You people are just plain stupid, and ignore reality for some political alternative universe.

Northern Africa

India

"

Southern Africa

"Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has declared a state of disaster in rural parts of the country hit by a drought."

There appears to be a lot of drought in the world at present, Southern Africa is suffering, Northern Africa is suffering, India is suffering too. Is this the effect of Global Warming? The effect of El Niño? Both, how much of this is natural and how much of this is man made?

Drought has existed in these places before. However having drought affecting so many people at the same time is going to cause a massive strain on the world soon.
LOL, whadda farce.

You assholes are so stupid. The models are never right, but they are useful. You were saying right up until 2000 that there was no warming. When it became so obvious that it was warming, and everyone could see it in their backyard, you changed the tune to "it is all natural". In spite of the fact that it quite obviously was not.

Now you are saying that "Don't worry, the sun is putting out less energy, so it will cool". Again ignoring the reality that the sun has been cooling very slightly for over a decade now, and we are experiancing the hottest years on record. You people are just plain stupid, and ignore reality for some political alternative universe.
Idaho is having record crops this year.
But don't let that interfere with you calling me stupid and an asshole. You little snail darter you.

[
Ah, you political fanatics and your bullshit.

Feel free to be fanatical about climate change. The fact remains no matter how much you fret about it, what's going to happen (or not) will do so without you. Learn to enjoy the ride and stop thinking your life actually has meaning for more than those immediately around you.

BTW, did you hear Robby Gordon's parents were involved in an apparant murder-suicide last night? Robby Gordon's Parents Found Dead In California Home
The bodies of Robert Gordon, 68, and his wife Sharon, 57, were found Wednesday afternoon in a home in the 1400 block of North Kennymead Street, CBS news in Los Angeles reported.

Local police told NBC that a weapon was recovered inside the house and said the investigation is continuing.

Science is my livelihood. I make my living from employing sound scientific techniques to solving the problems associated with the flow of production and information.

For the cultists to claim the mantel of science, when in fact you are the least scientific group on the planet, is offensive.
What is offensive is when assholes like you that purport to have scientific training come on here are present political opinions on the science with zero science backing it up. You want me to respect your opinion post something supporting your views from credible scientific sources, like this;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

The first is from a lecture at the AGU convention in San Francisco by Richard Alley, one of the world's leading glacialogists. The second is from the American Institute of Physics, the worlds largest scientific society.

Northern Africa

India

"

Southern Africa

LOL, whadda farce.

But don't let that interfere with you calling me stupid and an asshole. You little snail darter you.
And you had record fires last year. Silly ignoramous.

[
Awesome. So what does that have to do with the price of wheat in Kansas? When you start accusing others of being "cultists", you've dropped the mantle of scientific logic and just become another fucking asshole with an opinion, usually a hateful one. Go rant to your fellow office workers about "cultists".

While your attempt is within the Alinsky framework, it is utterly absurd.

Anthropogenic Global Warming is a cult. It is not based on legitimate science and relies on faith (settled science) based dogma rather than valid research.
Goddammit, how about backing that up with links to credible scientific sources? You know, like articles from peer reviewed journals. You do know what those are?

Northern Africa

India

"

Southern Africa

LOL, whadda farce.

What?

While your attempt is within the Alinsky framework, it is utterly absurd......
You're certainly no scientist with that lame logic. If you work in the science field, then I suspect it is cleaning out test tubes.
I think that you overestimate Uncensored abilities. We have seen the evidence of rapid warming in the cryosphere, and the permafrost. We have seen record heat on all the inhabited continents increasing the size and intensity of wildfires. And people like this jerk just ignore all of that, preferring to live in a political alternative universe.

Northern Africa

India

"

Southern Africa

LOL, whadda farce.

keep the insults coming FW. That's basically all you have

I didn't say you said it. I said you "basically" said it. You do know what that means right?
Okay, then by your logic you "basically" said that we need to either nationalize industry for everyone's own good or we need to dictate total control over private industry, again, for everyone's own good.

So, if what you and I say doesn't matter, then where's the democracy? Democracy is where what people says matters, right?
The democracy is in the voting booth and in assemblies of duly elected representatives. It's not you making up false accusations against others and bullshitting your way on a forum just because you believe it's in everyone's best interests that you do so.

While your attempt is within the Alinsky framework, it is utterly absurd......
You're certainly no scientist with that lame logic. If you work in the science field, then I suspect it is cleaning out test tubes.

:lmao:

Poke a cultist and they get hostile.

I have a Ph.D. in supply and production chain management. Yes I know, that is practical, hence not favored by academia. My good friend Bil Stunbmun has a doctorate in the migration patterns of Peruvian Sea Slugs - a much more honored field for our friends in academia.
LOL I am Napoleons reincarnation. This is the internet, any can claim anything. The only evidence that we have for those claims is the posts themselves. Mr. Phd, why the hell don't you post more articles from peer reviewed literature for evidence of your arguements?

Publication Abstracts
Hansen et al. 1981
Hansen, J., D. Johnson, A. Lacis, S. Lebedeff, P. Lee, D. Rind, and G. Russell, 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide. Science, 213, 957-966, doi:10.1126/science.213.4511.957.

The global temperature rose 0.2°C between the middle 1960s and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980s. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

• Get PDF (2.6 MB. Document is scanned, no OCR.)
Pubs.GISS: Hansen et al. 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide

They took a 700 passenger cruise ship through the Northwest Passage this year.

I think that you overestimate Uncensored abilities. We have seen the evidence of rapid warming in the cryosphere, and the permafrost. We have seen record heat on all the inhabited continents increasing the size and intensity of wildfires. And people like this jerk just ignore all of that, preferring to live in a political alternative universe.
Agreed about overestimating his abilities and his political alternative universe. However, I still side with NASA that there is a problem. OTOH, as stated several times before, the human race is heading in a direction that a group of people on a political forum can't change. It is what it is.

Northern Africa

India

"

Southern Africa

LOL, whadda farce.

Yeah, except I didn't write it. I don't need insults.

LOL, whadda farce.

I meant OR.

I didn't say you said it. I said you "basically" said it. You do know what that means right?
Okay, then by your logic you "basically" said that we need to either nationalize industry for everyone's own good or we need to dictate total control over private industry, again, for everyone's own good.

So, if what you and I say doesn't matter, then where's the democracy? Democracy is where what people says matters, right?
The democracy is in the voting booth and in assemblies of duly elected representatives. It's not you making up false accusations against others and bullshitting your way on a forum just because you believe it's in everyone's best interests that you do so.

But I didn't basically said that. I was actually clear in what I said.

Voting is in the voting booth. Fine. I read a copy of the China Daily on the way to Hong Kong last year, and the Chinese govt basically said "we allow you to vote, you have democracy, stop crying that you can only vote for people we choose".

It's like, that's not democracy. Just because you can vote, doesn't mean it's democracy.

You don't think that having a system that allows for more parties, more representation etc is more democracy?

People believing they only have a choice between two candidates isn't as democratic as people believing they have the choice between four or five.

And if you have a problem with other people's opinions and start attacking people for showing their opinions on a forum like this, then I'd have to ask, why the fuck do you come on here? Simply because you've got nothing better to do in life?

Yet you're not above falsely attributing statements to other people.

I might make mistakes, sure. People get tired etc.

However notice how I didn't insult him, didn't attack him. I merely pointed it out that he got the wrong person. Easy. Doesn't need to be confrontational or annoying.

Forum List

Back