World Cup 2010

Italy NZ 1-1:

Despite 16 corner kicks, the Italian offense could not find a penetrate the Valley of the Giants, the NZ defense. The average NZ defender was at least a head taller than the average Italian striker. It looked like MiniMe trying to jam over Shaq and Koby.

Brazil IvCoast:

3-1 Reminds Americans why they hate soccer: the fake injuries and outright ridiculous prat falls. Whatever brilliance Brazil showed was undone by the countless "writhing in pain but back at full speed 30 seconds later" antics. Even Fabiano was guilty of it.

I recall a NY Ranger Philly Flyer playoff where Philly player Ron Flockhart took an accidental stick to the face and was gashed very badly, bleeding all over the ice. I think he missed 2 shifts while getting stitched up and was back on the ice in about 5 minutes. That's a sports injury and that's a player I respect.

And no, Obama was not born in Ivory Coast, it was Coast Provincial Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya.

It has just been announced that England matches have been moved to the adult channel. The sight of 11 arseholes getting hammered for 90 minutes was far too explicit for general TV.

“If national soccer teams are often said to reflect their countries’ characteristics on the field, the French squad today reinforced national stereotypes off of it, namely that they are recalcitrant, indignant whiners,” Vanity Fair’s Julian Sancton writes. “The French team’s debacle has been embarrassingly public, a succession of press conferences held respectively by the players and the team’s managers, a pantomime of France’s near-daily labor disputes.”

World Cup 2010: France, Anelka Meltdown Has World Snickering - The Daily Fix - WSJ

What a terrible mess. I rooted for France back in 98 and in 2006 (after they beat Brazil) but not this time around. Mexico and Uruguay all the way!!

BY THE WAY, anyone saw the ASSRAPING that Portugal gave North Korea (7-0)? Hoooly shit, those guys better like heavy metal because they're gonna get TAKEN TO THE IRON MAIDEN!!

An England fan has appeared in court charged with two offences after going into the team's dressing room after the shock 0-0 World Cup draw with Algeria.

On Sunday, Pavlos Joseph appeared at Cape Town Magistrates' Court where he was charged with offences relating to stadium security before being released on 500 rand (£50) bail.

He is due to reappear in court on Monday and has been banned from attending matches while he awaits trial, as well as having his passport taken away.

BBC News - England World Cup fan in court over dressing room entry

Awww come on let him go! Everyone knows he didn't break into the dressing room. He was let in by England goalkeeper Rob Green!

I am sick to death of these fucking divers..

The Italians were a bunch of fucking cheating motherfuckers....

...Still, the played better than NZ, and our goal was off-side, but FIFA really needs to get some retroactive shit going with these divers.

The faggot who hit the deck after being nudged by Kaka needs to be red carded out of the game...
...and don't even get me started on the Ghanans berating the ref to give Harry Kewell a red card for the handball...

Really spoils a game when all the other team is doing is trying to get players sent off.

Portugal game was good to see....

Here's one reason why France sucked. If this is how teams are selected, its a wonder how the French ever got so far under Domenech. From Euro 2008.

The French coach, probably uniquely, and definitely bizarrely, admits that his team selection is influenced by astrology. Shortly before the last World Cup Domenech (Aquarius with Virgo rising) claimed he had problems with Robert Pires because Pires was a Scorpio, who always worked against Domenech's interests.

Domenech denied he selected teams on the basis of the zodiac but added, "all parameters have to be considered and I have added one by saying there is astrology involved".

The game plan from out of this world: Zodiac signs help Domenech spot his shooting stars - World Cup, Football - The Independent

Here's one reason why France sucked. If this is how teams are selected, its a wonder how the French ever got so far under Domenech. From Euro 2008.

The French coach, probably uniquely, and definitely bizarrely, admits that his team selection is influenced by astrology. Shortly before the last World Cup Domenech (Aquarius with Virgo rising) claimed he had problems with Robert Pires because Pires was a Scorpio, who always worked against Domenech's interests.

Domenech denied he selected teams on the basis of the zodiac but added, "all parameters have to be considered and I have added one by saying there is astrology involved".

The game plan from out of this world: Zodiac signs help Domenech spot his shooting stars - World Cup, Football - The Independent

I wonder how the stars line up for 2014?

Forum List

Back