Words I live by.

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
I changed my mind on sharing. This crowd does not inspire me.

“Vanity of vanities, all things are vanity!“ Ecclesiastes 1:2

“For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.” 2 Timothy 4:3

Last edited:
I changed my mind on sharing. This crowd does not inspire me.

“Vanity of vanities, all things are vanity!“ Ecclesiastes 1:2

“For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.” 2 Timothy 4:3

Damn!! I was all aquiver with anticipation.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Friedrich Nietzsche

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

You require inspiration from the crowd to share your faith-based thoughts with them? That's not very Christian of you.

AThe individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. Friedrich Nietzsche

Yeah we know, and Sinatra carries that on reminding us that “my way” is all that matters --- their lack of wisdom their only hope for an excuse come later. Nietzsche, like so many learned men, was too in love with himself, IMO. Ego and seeking the praises of men consume them. Beyond that, I cannot account for why high intelligence fails to recognize certain evident truths.

AThe individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. Friedrich Nietzsche

Yeah we know, and Sinatra carries that on reminding us that “my way” is all that matters --- their lack of wisdom their only hope for an excuse come later. Nietzsche, like so many learned men, was too in love with himself, IMO. Ego and seeking the praises of men consume them. Beyond that, I cannot account for why high intelligence fails to recognize certain evident truths.

Who are christians in love with ?

If Christians are in love with themselves then they would hardly qualify as a Christian.

What is the question? Christianity is all about sacrifice and self-denial, the antithesis of what the secular world mostly seeks.

You require inspiration from the crowd to share your faith-based thoughts with them? That's not very Christian of you.

You are absolutely correct.

But that's how I felt at the moment.

jimjam - 1 turzovka - 0

The difference between you and others is perhaps your willingness to be honest about it but truthfully there are days when everyone feels this way. This is when it is good to remember what Smith Wigglesworth said. ( to encourage us )

I don't go by what I feel or by what I see. I go by what I believe.

-Jeremiah

If Christians are in love with themselves then they would hardly qualify as a Christian.

What is the question? Christianity is all about sacrifice and self-denial, the antithesis of what the secular world mostly seeks.

You made the thread and you were seeking something by making the statements you made originally.

So who are christians in love with?

It's not a trick question.

Smith Wigglesworth: I don't go by what I feel or by what I see. I go by what I believe.

Thanks. His words are true but so difficult to live by (most of the time). Those who resent pesky Christians need to forgive us our sins, too. Boastfulness maybe being one of them.

Desiderata is another good universalism.

You made the thread and you were seeking something by making the statements you made originally.

Christians are in love with themselves, too, is that the answer you are expecting? Human nature dictates that, but does that mean no distinctions can be made beyond that?

Pride vs. humility, one always wins out and if the disparity is severe then so will be the judgment. Life is a trial.

Christians are in love with themselves, too, is that the answer you are expecting? Human nature dictates that, but does that mean no distinctions can be made beyond that?

Pride vs. humility, one always wins out and if the disparity is severe then so will be the judgment. Life is a trial.

I really had no right or wrong answer turzovka I just wondered what you as a christian thought.

So in your personal opinion christians and non christians alike are both in love with themselves?

You draw some distinctions in that some christians are not in love with themselves but all nin christians without question are in love with themlselves.

Is that the gist >?

I really had no right or wrong answer turzovka I just wondered what you as a christian thought.

So in your personal opinion christians and non christians alike are both in love with themselves?

You draw some distinctions in that some christians are not in love with themselves but all nin christians without question are in love with themlselves.

Is that the gist >?

Yes, that is the gist... although I did not understand "nin?"

Perhaps it's not how much we fail, but how much we ask for mercy and try again and again. Hopefully, one would see improvements over time.

You draw some distinctions in that some christians are not in love with themselves but all non christians without question are in love with themlselves.

Is that the gist >?

Perhaps it's not how much we fail, but how much we ask for mercy and try again and again. Hopefully, one would see improvements over time.

fixed it.

I don't think all non-christians are in love with themselves.

It seems rather judgemental on your part as a christian to go out and judge what others who are not christian are.

You draw some distinctions in that some christians are not in love with themselves but all non christians without question are in love with themlselves.

Is that the gist >?

fixed it.

I don't think all non-christians are in love with themselves.

It seems rather judgemental on your part as a christian to go out and judge what others who are not christian are.

I don’t think all non-Christians are in love with themselves either. I do think those who do not try to live by a religion that calls for many self-denials and refraining from certain pleasures are more likely to be “in love with themselves” based on that definition.

But the point I made initially was not about non-Christians. I surmised that great philosophers like Nietzsche who took some pleasure in being an iconoclast and destroying the faiths of the multitude. And one reason for that is because it elevated his name and importance and once achieved it is so difficult to back away from that.

Not unlike some freak like Marilyn Manson who blasphemes Jesus and the Bible and has become all the more popular for his shock value. It would be most difficult for him to recant his position publicly because his ego and fame are too important to him now.

Nietzsche is but one of a thousand illuminaries whom I might have been guessing upon. But pride and ego are big drivers.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Friedrich Nietzsche

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

If there is a supreme being, then it is the responsibility of each of us to be its moral superior.

Havelock Vetenari

Forum List

Back