Woods father calls WH Murderers, Liars, Cowards

The father is being a father. God Bless his son and his family and the families of all of the people who were killed in that attack. Something definitely broke down, I don't think that the Administration purposely did anything to not help those people in ham's way. It was obviously a very chaotic situation, I've seem people state that they should have sent C-130's over there or a gunship. it's not as simple as people think.

we can buy that.... but why lie about it for three weeks?

The father is being a father. God Bless his son and his family and the families of all of the people who were killed in that attack. Something definitely broke down, I don't think that the Administration purposely did anything to not help those people in ham's way. It was obviously a very chaotic situation, I've seem people state that they should have sent C-130's over there or a gunship. it's not as simple as people think.

Something broke down? That sounds about like Obama going on Jon Stewart's show saying that 4 dead Americans wasn't "optimal", but he was going to fix it. No one is ever going to be able to "fix it' for those families. People need to open their eyes and realize that whether it started that way or not, this has become a cover your ass operation. There are so many questions that should have been answered by now but haven't been. Sean Smith's mother doesn't yet know for certain how her son died. We don't know who denied help to those folks and all Obama seems to be concerned with is his late night entertainment schedule.

Sorry bout that,

1. This is betrayal of duty.
2. I don't know why they in congress are not calling for impeachment.
3. Slackers.
4. I guess they are betraying their duty as well, *right now*.

Regards,
SirjamesofTexas

Something broke down? That sounds about like Obama going on Jon Stewart's show saying that 4 dead Americans wasn't "optimal", but he was going to fix it. No one is ever going to be able to "fix it' for those families. People need to open their eyes and realize that whether it started that way or not, this has become a cover your ass operation. There are so many questions that should have been answered by now but haven't been. Sean Smith's mother doesn't yet know for certain how her son died. We don't know who denied help to those folks and all Obama seems to be concerned with is his late night entertainment schedule.

the 'optimal' remark obama made was in response to Stewart using it......:eusa_hand:

lets focus on what counts- they had to have had a national security team war room meeting , reps from all of the usual branches; Q1- when when did they have it Q2- who gave the refusal to send help, the military? State? The WH?

It isn't the CIA as my post above states...the order not to send any and all help they could have was not given, WHO made that decision...that is the question.

Well at least, I doubt you'll see this guy treated the way you people treated Cindy Sheehan.

I always had sympathy Cindy, I agree, the left treated her terribly, after they couldn't get anymore political mileage from her, they labeled her a nut, a fruitcake.

Sigonella airbase ( in Sicily) is a huge base. It is 480 miles away from Benghazi....there is a squadron of A-10's there, they have a cruise speed of 340 mph and a top speed of 440. Sigonella also has at least 2 flights of KC-10 Tankers........the fighting lasted over 5 hours, then there was the annex battle.....in addition, they C-130's with a cruise speed of 336 mph and a range upwards of 2000, they had a Spec op grp.( Delta) they could have sent.

In 5-7 hours I would expect after seeing the real time action, they would have been sent. Those Seals there have painted more targets with laser I bet than you or I have......even if you wind up waving them off, you don't do nothing...unless..... command paralysis.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

the 'optimal' remark obama made was in response to Stewart using it......:eusa_hand:

lets focus on what counts- they had to have had a national security team war room meeting , reps from all of the usual branches; Q1- when when did they have it Q2- who gave the refusal to send help, the military? State? The WH?

It isn't the CIA as my post above states...the order not to send any and all help they could have was not given, WHO made that decision...that is the question.

I know the optimal remark was in response to Stewart. It didn't bother me nearly as much as the "I'm going to fix it". The very casual "well you know it's a big government and something is always going wrong argument" that he used gave the impression that it was just another problem for another day.
I agree with your questions and have many of my own that I'd like to see answered. But dealing with your question, there are not too many levels for the decision to travel. Woods was with the CIA, so it stands to reason that it would have had to go to General Petraeus, who reports to Lt. Gen. James R. Clapper who is the Director of National Intelligence. The DNI reports to the POTUS. It's not a big chain.

Sigonella airbase ( in Sicily) is a huge base. It is 480 miles away from Benghazi....there is a squadron of A-10's there, they have a cruise speed of 340 mph and a top speed of 440. Sigonella also has at least 2 flights of KC-10 Tankers........the fighting lasted over 5 hours, then there was the annex battle.....in addition, they C-130's with a cruise speed of 336 mph and a range upwards of 2000, they had a Spec op grp.( Delta) they could have sent.

In 5-7 hours I would expect after seeing the real time action, they would have been sent. Those Seals there have painted more targets with laser I bet than you or I have......even if you wind up waving them off, you don't do nothing...unless..... command paralysis.

Which is what i have said too.

They froze.

They did NOT act in a situation that needed instant action.

I heard a report earlier that mentioned an interview with a jihadist who said that the planes were the thing they feared most in the American arsenal.

I'm shocked ABC News is carrying this:

At the memorial service at Joint Base Andrews for his son and the three other Americans killed, Woods said that the president approached him. “Shaking hands with him was like shaking hands with a dead fish,” he said. He recalled Vice President Biden saying to him “in an extremely loud and boisterous voice,” “Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?” He questioned the sincerity of their sympathy, and that of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Father of Slain Former SEAL, New Report, Raise Questions About Response to Benghazi Attack* - ABC News

President Obama Begs Off Answering Whether Americans in Benghazi Were Denied Requests for Help

President Obama Begs Off Answering Whether Americans in Benghazi Were Denied Requests for Help - ABC News

That's a reasonable statement, one I would agree with if the attack would have been over quickly...but we are talking 7+ hours here.

The military has a well rehearsed plan in place for nearly every contingency.

Why do you think the mortar emplacement was laser painted by our boys...because that was At least a part of the plan.

Someone failed to act...failed to put the plan into action.

In all likelihood, that person was President Obama.

Is it possible that he had a good reason for failing to put that plan into action? Absolutely.

But, it is equally possible that he let those people die in the name of political expediency.

In light of the obvious and blatant attempts at contriving the motivation and details of the attack, I am disinclined to offer the president the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for your reasonable answer.If Obama can authorize SEALS to do their thing and drones to do their thing, I don't see why he would balk to save the Ambassador and Our other assets on the ground.From a political perspective; if that mission would have succeeded, it would have garnered the President a large amount of support and"PR". even if it failed it would have showed that the Administration was there for them.

CaféAuLait;6231400 said:
I'm shocked ABC News is carrying this:

At the memorial service at Joint Base Andrews for his son and the three other Americans killed, Woods said that the president approached him. “Shaking hands with him was like shaking hands with a dead fish,” he said. He recalled Vice President Biden saying to him “in an extremely loud and boisterous voice,” “Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?” He questioned the sincerity of their sympathy, and that of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Father of Slain Former SEAL, New Report, Raise Questions About Response to Benghazi Attack* - ABC News

President Obama Begs Off Answering Whether Americans in Benghazi Were Denied Requests for Help

President Obama Begs Off Answering Whether Americans in Benghazi Were Denied Requests for Help - ABC News

Maybe they're starting to realize that people are paying attention and maybe they heard from more people than just me today. I sent a comment to their tip line with a link to the Fox story. :) I think there may be a few reporters at least that don't plan on going down with the SS Obama.

wrong... sorry...that is so very wrong.... What they did was freeze like deer in the headlights.

As the president.....he has no business freezing under pressure
As his handlers.... they had no business freezing under pressure

The hallmark of any leader is the ability to make command decisions UNDER pressure. They are in the positions they are in TO make decisions in chaotic situations. They failed and need to be fired.

The whole lot of them failed. They failed their positions, themselves.... and we the people.

and then..........they lied to cover their asses!!!

OK, what was specifically wrong with my post here:
"The father is being a father. God Bless his son and his family and the families of all of the people who were killed in that attack. Something definitely broke down, I don't think that the Administration purposely did anything to not help those people in ham's way. It was obviously a very chaotic situation, I've seem people state that they should have sent C-130's over there or a gunship. it's not as simple as people think."

you were making excuses for their inaction.....

and that is wrong on so many different levels. If you don't see that then there is no explaining it to you.

A commander in chief....should not freeze.

There are only two ways this can go..... he froze, did nothing and let them die

or he purposefully did nothing...and let them die.

i dont think he purposefully did anything...... i think he froze like a coward.

LOL, I didn't make any excuse for their inaction.

When he met the prez, vp and Hillary biden commended him on his son having balls the size of cue balls.

That was 3 DAYS AFTER his sons death. What a fucking creep

That's a reasonable statement, one I would agree with if the attack would have been over quickly...but we are talking 7+ hours here.

The military has a well rehearsed plan in place for nearly every contingency.

Why do you think the mortar emplacement was laser painted by our boys...because that was At least a part of the plan.

Someone failed to act...failed to put the plan into action.

In all likelihood, that person was President Obama.

Is it possible that he had a good reason for failing to put that plan into action? Absolutely.

But, it is equally possible that he let those people die in the name of political expediency.

In light of the obvious and blatant attempts at contriving the motivation and details of the attack, I am disinclined to offer the president the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for your reasonable answer.If Obama can authorize SEALS to do their thing and drones to do their thing, I don't see why he would balk to save the Ambassador and Our other assets on the ground.From a political perspective; if that mission would have succeeded, it would have garnered the President a large amount of support and"PR". even if it failed it would have showed that the Administration was there for them.

Blackhawk Down.

we can buy that.... but why lie about it for three weeks?

I truly don't know what happened there. If I had to guess, I think that they boxed themselves into a corner regarding an explanation. I think it was political, because they wanted to appear on top of the situation. Instead of simply stating that; "There was an attack on our consulate and Americans on the ground and we are assessing the situation and will advise of the developments." , they felt the pressure coming on from the vultures and talking heads from the opposing party.

Forum List

Back