Women Will Ask Men's Permission To Have An Abortion

Where is the requirement that the father pay to rear the child?

RWs would have us back in the Dark Ages if they could. Abortion did not just start in 1973, nor will it ever end.

Most abortions are medically necessary but the reason for an abortion is not germane to the question of rights. Nor should we take away basic rights based on the whims of another person.

Bullshit and you know it

Also, how do you rectify the felony murder law which classifies a fetus as a human (since murder IS the illegal killing of a HUMAN) with the abortion law which says that a fetus is simply part of a woman's body?

Also, I don't agree with THIS particular proposal, but it is extremely unfair that a man has no say in ending a life but must pay child support whether he wanted the child or not.

I do not see it as unfair that a man must pay child support for
an HIS unwanted child--------it is a reasonable topic of discussion------but my opinion is-----that it is not unfair
Once paternity is established, it should be pay on time, or, jail.

Factoid

Do you know there are actually more women in this country who are behind on child support than men?

Now,for men the dollar amount is higher, but for number of "deabeat" parents, more men pay at least part of their child support than women.
I got child support, and had to have her wages garnished to get it.

I have a 22 year old who hasn't seen his mom since he was 2, She hasn't provided one dime in assistance either. No wages to garner when you quit your job every time the state catches you.

I have another 22 year old that we essentially adopted when he was 15, one parent is in prison the other is God knows where, no financial assistance with him either.

Let the guy prove he was wearing a condom

How would we do that?
Why should it matter?

Any fool knows condoms aren't too effective.

You take your chances, you father a child, you should damned well have to pay for that child.

Or, go to jail.

I agree.

Vasectomies should be free, at 14, in fact, a reward should be paid, like free college tuition in return for a vasectomy.

RWs would have us back in the Dark Ages if they could. Abortion did not just start in 1973, nor will it ever end.

Most abortions are medically necessary but the reason for an abortion is not germane to the question of rights. Nor should we take away basic rights based on the whims of another person.

Bullshit and you know it

Also, how do you rectify the felony murder law which classifies a fetus as a human (since murder IS the illegal killing of a HUMAN) with the abortion law which says that a fetus is simply part of a woman's body?

Also, I don't agree with THIS particular proposal, but it is extremely unfair that a man has no say in ending a life but must pay child support whether he wanted the child or not.

an HIS unwanted child--------it is a reasonable topic of discussion------but my opinion is-----that it is not unfair

Factoid

Do you know there are actually more women in this country who are behind on child support than men?

Now,for men the dollar amount is higher, but for number of "deabeat" parents, more men pay at least part of their child support than women.

really? mine never paid most don't----or so they told me

Bullshit and you know it

Factoid

I have a 22 year old who hasn't seen his mom since he was 2, She hasn't provided one dime in assistance either. No wages to garner when you quit your job every time the state catches you.

I have another 22 year old that we essentially adopted when he was 15, one parent is in prison the other is God knows where, no financial assistance with him either.

see? most don't pay

Bullshit and you know it

Factoid

I tried to send her back to her daddy, but he wouldn't take her.

Now, with three sorry ass daughters, guess who cares for him?

My son.

If it was up to the daughters, they'd cage him.

Bullshit and you know it

Factoid

really? mine never paid most don't----or so they told me

I got the kid, the child support was just for the principle of it all.

Bullshit and you know it

road----I used to think that you are male..... ???
I am a male, and I supported every kid I fathered, and raised the last one from second grade on.

Fine, upstanding citizens, they are.

in the past I did messageboards on child support------all the males were AGAINST IT-----------there are even organizations (of men) who object ----there was even
a gynecologist ------

Factoid

I tried to send her back to her daddy, but he wouldn't take her.

Now, with three sorry ass daughters, guess who cares for him?

My son.

If it was up to the daughters, they'd cage him.

gee

Factoid

see? most don't pay

Actually a vast majority DO pay. In fact, only about 1.5 out of every 14 do not make at least partial payments

http://www.census.gov/people/childsupport/data/files/chldsu11.pdf

Factoid

see? most don't pay

Actually a vast majority DO pay. In fact, only about 1.5 out of every 14 do not make at least partial payments

oh---ok 1.5 out of 14 is ~ ten percent------now I do not feel all
that unique. I am not up on current trends----in my time
it took a really seriously damaged chick to lose custody-----
not the kind who make big bucks

Factoid

see? most don't pay

That's changed for sure. I got lucky 20 years ago, my ex abandoned her child, or I probably would not have got custody in a court battle. Today that's changed, finally Courts no longer default to "the mother is the best parent absent proof that she is abusive or something"

Actually, the newest trend appears to be joint custody with no child child support

They're called child support laws.

Most abortions are medically necessary but the reason for an abortion is not germane to the question of rights.

That is a flat out lie, but that's what you do. You lie.

see? most don't pay

That's changed for sure. I got lucky 20 years ago, my ex abandoned her child, or I probably would not have got custody in a court battle. Today that's changed, finally Courts no longer default to "the mother is the best parent absent proof that she is abusive or something"

Actually, the newest trend appears to be joint custody with no child child support

"joint custody" ??? both bathe and dress and feed and
guard the kid?--------no child support? both do the shopping?

see? most don't pay

Kid lives with mom one week and dad the next. BOTH have custody

see? most don't pay

oh-----they live near each other-----and neither is running from the law

A bill proposed by a Republican state lawmaker in Missouri would require a woman seeking an abortion to obtain notarized consent from the baby's father, even if he is physically abusive toward her.

Proposed Bill Would Require Women To Ask Men s Permission To Have An Abortion

Since the legalization of abortion in 1973, over 56 million unborn children have been killed, more than the entire population of Spain. And we need to do something with it.

OMG!

Now an abusive man can force a woman to have his child. Now a rapist can force a woman to have his child.

There's so much wrong with that I just don't know where to start.

republicans are taking freedom, rights and liberty from women. I just don't understand why anyone would ever vote for a republican.

I'm so glad I don't live in any of the red states that are hell bent on taking freedom, rights and liberty from women.

A bill proposed by a Republican state lawmaker in Missouri would require a woman seeking an abortion to obtain notarized consent from the baby's father, even if he is physically abusive toward her.

Since the legalization of abortion in 1973, over 56 million unborn children have been killed, more than the entire population of Spain. And we need to do something with it.

OMG!

Now an abusive man can force a woman to have his child. Now a rapist can force a woman to have his child.

republicans are taking freedom, rights and liberty from women. I just don't understand why anyone would ever vote for a republican.

I'm so glad I don't live in any of the red states that are hell bent on taking freedom, rights and liberty from women.

It won't pass

oh-----they live near each other-----and neither is running from the law

Yes, see how that works. Keep both parents in the child's life by not making one feel compelled to run because of child support. I mean let's fact it the system of just making the man give the woman money with no say in how it was spent on the child plus little contact with the child wasn't fair, OR working.

OMG!

This is a couple of people,not ALL Republicans.

Plus you're stupid.The Dems support plenty of policies which take away freedoms.

Forum List

Back