Women have to PROVE they were raped

It's strange how the abortion issue has gotten so skewed that now,

opposing all abortion except in the cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother is being portrayed by the Right as the moderate alternative position to the extreme position of opposing abortion in any case -except, usually, life of the mother.

Sorry, but opposing all abortion except rape, incest, and life of the mother IS the extreme position.

Opposing all abortion is the extreme version of the extreme position.

Don't let the Right frame the debate.

Actually, opposing abortion except in the case of rape, incest, and the life of the mother, is the position of a plurality of Americans. Calling it extreme makes it obvious you are the extreme one.

I don't even have to ask how the rw's here feel about this. They'll just love it, I'm sure. Force women to bear babies they can't care for but then, take away assistance.

If it makes you feel better, libertarians don't care if she was raped or not. We don't want her brat paid for through government armed robbery either way...

I like the left's high horse on this. You support raping her in court because the accused has rights and she doesn't, you support raping taxpayers by taking money for no work to fund an endless stream of children. Then you support raping innocent accused because after that the accusation of rape is enough for you.But suddenly you're against rape. Sure you are. You just want to chose the victim.

Last edited:
Well, as it stands.... they are not forced to have said babies.

so this is all faux rage luddy.

The OP's BS aside, this is still a disturbing proposition. I can't help but note the part that requires a woman to not only prove she reported the assault (which is easy enough to do, if you did report it), but that she reported the attacker's identity to the police also. That is way too much. What if she doesn't know the attacker's ID? I don't like laws that can place unreasonable demands on people, with their only saving grace being the "honest" intentions of those wielding the power of law. Especially when we're talking about laws that are ideologically bent.

Not to mention, what if she didn't report the attack? Many women refrain from reporting rapes out of shame, or fear, or for some other reason. While I would always encourage a woman to report a rape, it's her right to not do so and I cannot tolerate anything that interferes with her own freely determined decision in that regards.

Finally, shouldn't we have a goal to promote reasonable alternatives to abortion as a means of dealing with unintended pregnancies? If a woman is raped, becomes pregnant, and is otherwise prepared to see the pregnancy to term, I don't think it serves anyone's interests or ideology to compound things for her such as to make abortion a more preferrable alternative.

Someone else who can't read. Do you have any idea what the term "If known" means?

You have to spell it out for some since common sense doesn't come into play.

Simply filing a report and giving a description is all that is necessary. They don't even have to remember all that. Just call police if you're attacked and they'll ask the right questions.

I don't know why some choose to make it more difficult. Wait, I do know. It's so they can make Republicans look bad no matter what.

Some Repubs have said some pretty stupid things and they do not reflect the opinions of the right. This is one little step in trying to discourage women from getting pregnant deliberately and further overwhelming the system. I don't think anyone has ever had the courage to research and come up with statistics regarding welfare fraud and those who purposely make decisions in their lives to ensure they can stay on the doles. I'm sure the left would have a fit if anyone seriously tried to address those who choose to be dependents.

It's getting out of hand when you look at the cost of supporting people and what makes it really sad is that most of them could do far better for themselves if they didn't have an easy out.

so yuou are okay if a woman says she was raped and she wasnt? is that okay to al the other victims because if it were revered, youd be screaming it.

Yeah, rape is sacrosanct to the Left. To most people it is a violent crime. To liberals it is like something sacred. You can't joke about it. You speak about it in hushed tones. And you can never, ever, question it. Once the word is uttered that is reality right there. No further questioning allowed.
Rape is the liberal religion.

I simply cannot understand the Republican problem with women.

so yuou are okay if a woman says she was raped and she wasnt? is that okay to al the other victims because if it were revered, youd be screaming it.

Yeah, rape is sacrosanct to the Left. To most people it is a violent crime. To liberals it is like something sacred. You can't joke about it. You speak about it in hushed tones. And you can never, ever, question it. Once the word is uttered that is reality right there. No further questioning allowed.

Don't think it is just Republicans who believe your choice to make a baby means you also choose to raise said baby with your money.

Babies from rape being the exception as stated in this bill.

Well, as it stands.... they are not forced to have said babies.

so this is all faux rage luddy.

The OP's BS aside, this is still a disturbing proposition. I can't help but note the part that requires a woman to not only prove she reported the assault (which is easy enough to do, if you did report it), but that she reported the attacker's identity to the police also. That is way too much. What if she doesn't know the attacker's ID? I don't like laws that can place unreasonable demands on people, with their only saving grace being the "honest" intentions of those wielding the power of law. Especially when we're talking about laws that are ideologically bent.

Not to mention, what if she didn't report the attack? Many women refrain from reporting rapes out of shame, or fear, or for some other reason. While I would always encourage a woman to report a rape, it's her right to not do so and I cannot tolerate anything that interferes with her own freely determined decision in that regards.

Finally, shouldn't we have a goal to promote reasonable alternatives to abortion as a means of dealing with unintended pregnancies? If a woman is raped, becomes pregnant, and is otherwise prepared to see the pregnancy to term, I don't think it serves anyone's interests or ideology to compound things for her such as to make abortion a more preferrable alternative.

Someone else who can't read. Do you have any idea what the term "If known" means?
Like their hetero daddy, or step-daddy, or hetero brother, or brother's friend, or hetero uncle or grandpa.

Like that.

Pennsylvania Bill Would Reduce Welfare Benefits For Women Who Cannot Prove They Were Raped | ThinkProgress

or lose food stamps.

We need a section devoted to the War On Women. But, since there is none, I'm putting this article here.

Note that there was also a Dem on this little holier than thou posse -

I don't even have to ask how the rw's here feel about this. They'll just love it, I'm sure. Force women to bear babies they can't care for but then, take away assistance.

What part of the bill makes them have sex? Or babies?

GAWD. Apparently, rw's don't even know the definition of rape is FORCED SEX.

Duddley can't answer a simple question.

Since the law only punishes women who are not raped and have children your blathering about rape is irrelevant.

The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one, I never understood delusional beliefs either. Perhaps now you can get beyond the delusions and accept that Republicans have no more of a problem with women than any other group of people.

Don't think it is just Republicans who believe your choice to make a baby means you also choose to raise said baby with your money.

Odd contradiction

You don't want her to abort the baby but you oppose every avenue that might make it easier to decide to keep the baby

Odd contradiction

You don't want her to abort the baby but you oppose every avenue that might make it easier to decide to keep the baby

I never said I don't want her to abort. I have repeatedly said abortion is not my business. It is a moral choice made by each woman alone. I also said I believe abortion should stay legal and likely always will. I don't want to pay for the children of other women. I am not sure why this belief is so confusing to some people.

Odd contradiction

I never said I don't want her to abort. I have repeatedly said abortion is not my business. It is a moral choice made by each woman alone. I also said I believe abortion should stay legal and likely always will. I don't want to pay for the children of other women. I am not sure why this belief is so confusing to some people.

Maybe I can explain it. RW is just pointing out the undeniable truth that the baby is not her problem for spreading her legs, it's our problem for getting jobs.

So what is it? Do you want to pay for the abortion, or do you want to pay to raise the kid? You can't have it both ways you know...

Odd contradiction

Maybe I can explain it. RW is just pointing out the undeniable truth that the baby is not her problem for spreading her legs, it's our problem for getting jobs.

So what is it? Do you want to pay for the abortion, or do you want to pay to raise the kid? You can't have it both ways you know...

:bang3: I know. In know. Either way I/we pay for the decisions she makes after her night of foolish unbridled passion or just a slutty night of play brings a baby. Amazing how only some women get to pawn their choices off on others.

Pennsylvania Bill Would Reduce Welfare Benefits For Women Who Cannot Prove They Were Raped | ThinkProgress

or lose food stamps.

We need a section devoted to the War On Women. But, since there is none, I'm putting this article here.

Note that there was also a Dem on this little holier than thou posse -

Pennsylvania lawmakers — State Reps. RoseMarie Swanger (R), Tom Caltagirone (D), Mark Gillen (R), Keith Gillespie (R), Adam Harris (R), and Mike Tobash (R) — don’t want their state’s welfare program to provide additional benefits for that newborn. If a woman gives birth to a child who was conceived from rape, she may seek an exception to this rule so that her welfare benefits aren’t slashed, but only if she can provide proof that she reported her sexual assault and her abuser’s identity to the police...

I guess they are doing that because they want the father to take responsibility .. I see nothing wrong with it..

The bill is designed to remove the incentive of low income women who are on assistance to have more children they cant afford.

That is not a bad thing.

Well, that "child they can't afford" might turn out to be the one who invents a cure for cancer or develops a car that defies gravity.

Or the child could turn out to be a serial child rapist/killer. Your argument is not the most logical I have heard.

The evidence shows that children raised by single mothers commit a disproportionately higher crime rate than those raised in 2-parent households. Those statistics should mean something, don't you think.

This has nothing to do with abortion and everything to do with fraud and if the government should make sure OUR MONEY isn't being paid to a woman committing it.

It's strange how the abortion issue has gotten so skewed that now,

opposing all abortion except in the cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother is being portrayed by the Right as the moderate alternative position to the extreme position of opposing abortion in any case -except, usually, life of the mother.

Sorry, but opposing all abortion except rape, incest, and life of the mother IS the extreme position.

Opposing all abortion is the extreme version of the extreme position.

Don't let the Right frame the debate.

Actually, opposing abortion except in the case of rape, incest, and the life of the mother, is the position of a plurality of Americans. Calling it extreme makes it obvious you are the extreme one.

I do not believe this is an accurate statement.

Many of us personally might oppose abortion, but feel it is not us who should be making that decision for others.

What gives you the right to force your ways on others?

I think the laws presently in place, that give rights to the fetus based on viability, are sound. And I mean by this that once the baby can live outside of the womb, the mother should generally have no rights to terminate the pregnancy.

I am looking at a poll right now that shows only about 20% of Americans believe abortion should be illegal in all circumstances. Around 50% believe it should be legal only under certain circumstances. (And viability certainly is one of those circumstances being addressed). 25% believe it should be legal under all circumstances. This is a GALLUP Poll at Abortion

The decision to have a baby is a personal choice, and it should primarily remain that way, in my opinion. For example, I was just discussing the case of a young girl with severe diabetes who was told by her doctor she should get an abortion, that her life is at risk, in trying to maintain her pregnancy. She refuses. Family members have different viewpoints about her pregnany. Should we be putting in place a system that might leave that decision, on whether to abort or not, in cases like this, to doctors, and take away the rights of a mother to even choose to have a baby?

Sherri

Last edited:
Or the child could turn out to be a serial child rapist/killer. Your argument is not the most logical I have heard.

The evidence shows that children raised by single mothers commit a disproportionately higher crime rate than those raised in 2-parent households. Those statistics should mean something, don't you think.

It tells me that single mothers need more support, which they are not getting.

I am looking at a poll right now that shows only about 20% of Americans believe abortion should be illegal in all circumstances. Around 50% believe it should be legal only under certain circumstances. (And viability certainly is one of those circumstances being addressed). 25% believe it should be legal under all circumstances. This is a GALLUP Poll at Abortion

Which means that 75% of Americans are pro choice, but some have limits.

This is the same poll that is twisted around by lifers claiming that the majority of Americans are pro life, which they are not.

Forum List

Back