woman will be outed in church for her sins

That's really weird.

So your contention is that conservatives think it's wrong for a woman to have sex with her boyfriend? And liberals think its okay for a woman to have sex with her boyfriend?

I had no idea! I hate celibacy - please shoot me if I ever become a conservative!

I am not speaking specifically about conservatives and liberals. If you belong to a church it is with the understanding that you shall and try to abide by the moral code. If you decide that you want to do your own thing, fine, but don't expect the church to welcome you with open arms as you spit in their eye.

And if you don't like being celibate, consider the biblical couples and count the number of begats.

I am not speaking specifically about conservatives and liberals. If you belong to a church it is with the understanding that you shall and try to abide by the moral code. If you decide that you want to do your own thing, fine, but don't expect the church to welcome you with open arms as you spit in their eye.

And if you don't like being celibate, consider the biblical couples and count the number of begats.

The church, NO church, has a Biblical or religious right to tell members who they will and will not date. Nor do they have a right to demand that people marry one another. I suggest you read a little more of what Jesus had to say in the bible.

The church, NO church, has a Biblical or religious right to tell members who they will and will not date. Nor do they have a right to demand that people marry one another. I suggest you read a little more of what Jesus had to say in the bible.

You're missing my point. First of all the woman was having a sexual relationship with her boyfriend. In a lot of churches this is frowned upon. Sex outside of marriage is not acceptable (in the church). Nobody is forcing anybody to get married, but if you belong to a church, it is accepted that you do not flaunt affairs outside of marriage.

As a believer, I had to leave the church a long time ago. I respect it, but it is not for me. There are rules which I refused to follow.

She didn't think she did anything wrong, but if that was the case, why was she upset about the outing?

The church is not Jesus, btw. The church is run by people.

But when you date don't you feel sexual attraction and then that is against God and it only leads to bad trouble and disaster.

You're missing my point. First of all the woman was having a sexual relationship with her boyfriend. In a lot of churches this is frowned upon. Sex outside of marriage is not acceptable (in the church). Nobody is forcing anybody to get married, but if you belong to a church, it is accepted that you do not flaunt affairs outside of marriage.

As a believer, I had to leave the church a long time ago. I respect it, but it is not for me. There are rules which I refused to follow.

She didn't think she did anything wrong, but if that was the case, why was she upset about the outing?

The church is not Jesus, btw. The church is run by people.

She left the Church, they are simply being vindictive. Ohh and stupid as hell. Something is going on we are not privy too. Perhaps one of the Church leaders wanted to date her and was rejected. What she does or does not do in her private life outside the sight of the church is her business and she will answer for it to God at Judgement day. It is NONE of the Churches business unless they caught her screwing in the church. Pretty simple concept.

One cannot help but wonder if this church ever did anything like this to any male member of the congregation.

dogma junkies. just another high school-style clique.

it's no sweat off of my nuts... Hell, i don't go to church.

I looked up this Church on the web and read their manifesto. Dr. Christmas seems to be a very strong individual and prolly personally guides the flock.

It is a non-denominational church but the doctrine is very Baptist IMO

There is one thing that stands out and that is the "philosophy of Ministry". A very detailed set of instructions on how one is to do the work of the Lord, behave and believe.

A lot of effort went into developing this and therefore members are strictly held accountable.

I think the outing of this person is a object lesson for the congregation to show the church won't tolerate this sort of behavior and that consequences will result.

This church seems to be autonomous and not part of a Convention but I could be uninformed.

I looked up this Church on the web and read their manifesto. Dr. Christmas seems to be a very strong individual and prolly personally guides the flock.

It is a non-denominational church but the doctrine is very Baptist IMO

There is one thing that stands out and that is the "philosophy of Ministry". A very detailed set of instructions on how one is to do the work of the Lord, behave and believe.

A lot of effort went into developing this and therefore members are strictly held accountable.

I think the outing of this person is a object lesson for the congregation to show the church won't tolerate this sort of behavior and that consequences will result.

This church seems to be autonomous and not part of a Convention but I could be uninformed.

Thank you.

Many Baptist (if not all Baptist) churches are independent. But the one thing they all agree on is once you are saved, you are to live as godly a life as possible. Each church has a constitution and in the constitution of every one I've belonged it states that they believe in the bible literally, and as a member, you are expected to do your best to walk the straight and narrow.

A woman who is openly having a sexual relationship with somebody she's not going to marry is not going to remain a member of most Baptist churches for very long, if it comes under their radar. It flouts the bible, it challenges the authority of the church, and it sets a bad example.

If she wanted to screw around, she should probably join an Episcopalian church or something. But the whole thing with churches with Baptist philosophies is they try to set themselves apart of the Madding crowd through exemplary behavior.

Notice I said "try". So long as you're making a good faith effort. But I've never heard of someone being incapable of ending a sexual relationship, outside of an abusive one, of course.

Outside of homosexuals, that is. Allegedly they have absolutely no control over their sexual urges, it's all genetic and impossible to control.

Forum List

Back