woman will be outed in church for her sins

No, the lesson in this thread is #1, if you're stupid enough to have an affair with a married man, keep your fucking mouth shut. And if you must talk to somebody, it probably shouldn't be a member of your church. And #2, if you want to engage in extramarital sex and have already spilled the beans to someone in the congregation of said church, join a DIFFERENT FUCKING CHURCH and KEEP YOUR STUPID MOUTH SHUT.

Having known a few women who engaged in extra-marital affairs I can say that every single one I've known is a self-centered, self-serving bitch who thinks nothing in the world is more interesting to other people than her sex life and her subsequent boo-hooing over that sex life.

Always the caring compassionate conservative Christian, aren't you Always A Bitch? So, you're telling us that she shouldn't talk to anyone in her church if she doesn't want it talked about? Well......what the fuck is a priest for if you can't confess to them? And......if the priest is going to blab about what you've done, he's really not a priest is he? It actually makes them a gossip and a busy body.

As far as sex? Well......I've studied enough history to know that if God doesn't want something around, it doesn't survive very long. The Kama Sutra is a book about nothing BUT sex, as well as the Song of Solomon, as well as Taoist techniques for tantric sex. Matter of fact, weren't we told to go forth and multiply? Kinda blows a hole in the theory that sex is a sin, because if it was, we shouldn't do it, and therefore the human race would die out.

As far as adultery? Well.......if one was to look at the 10 Commandments, you would see that after acknowledging (3 times as a matter of fact), who God is and what He wants us to know about Him, the next one is "thou shalt not kill", but, that's actually a mistranslation of the original, which was "thou shalt not murder". The rest of the 10 Commandments is guidelines for showing you how to avoid being murdered, or committing murder. As far as adultery? Well.......it's quite a bit more than mere sex. It's actually taking the love that someone gives you, and then secretly sharing that with someone else. Doesn't matter.......sex, coffee, friendship, etc....well.....if you're sharing feelings and emotions and dreams with someone on the sly away from someone you love, then it's adultery.

Sex is just a biological function.

And Sunnidiot........what the fuck makes a dirtbag motherfucker like you think that the group always knows better than the individual? Until you've walked some distance in another person's sandals, you have NO RIGHT TO JUDGE THEM.

But.......seeing as you belong to a rigid belief system based on terrorist actions, and death, I can kinda understand your stupidity.

ABikerSailor, God isn't against sex.

Heck, He is the one who invented it.

God says NO sex outside of marriage. Period.

If this woman wants to participate in sin and act like a whore.

The Church should kick this nasty slut out!! :clap2:

Last edited:
ABikerSailor, God isn't against sex.

Heck, He is the one who inventer it.

God says NO sex outside of marriage. Period.

If this woman wants to participate in sin and act like a whore.

The Church should kick this nasty slut out!! :clap2:
Again. She quit the church. Now the church is vindictively airing her personal life in church.

lol

She didn't have an affair with a married man. She was getting a divorce and started dating. Quit assuming the worst of everyone, Babble, just because some whacked out church does.

"She was getting a divorce".
Ok, so she was married and not him. Big whoop.

The point is, divorce is a no-no, too...in a Baptist church.

If she doesn't like the rules, go to a different fucking church. I wouldn't join a Muslim church and expect them to fawn all over me if I put a red light over my door and wore a bikini to church, then boo hoo if they kicked my ass out.

Same with the church. There are other churches out there. DON'T JOIN A CHURCH THAT DISAPPROVES OF YOUR LIFESTYLE IF YOU AREN'T INTERESTED IN CHANGING YOUR LIFESTYLE. Because I promise you, you aren't going to change the church. Not by flaunting your refusal to adhere to their rules.

"she Was Getting A Divorce".
Ok, So She Was Married And Not Him. Big Whoop.

The Point Is, Divorce Is A No-no, Too...in A Baptist Church.

If She Doesn't Like The Rules, Go To A Different Fucking Church. I Wouldn't Join A Muslim Church And Expect Them To Fawn All Over Me If I Put A Red Light Over My Door And Wore A Bikini To Church, Then Boo Hoo If They Kicked My Ass Out.

Same With The Church. There Are Other Churches Out There. Don't Join A Church That Disapproves Of Your Lifestyle If You Aren't Interested In Changing Your Lifestyle. Because I Promise You, You Aren't Going To Change The Church. Not By Flaunting Your Refusal To Adhere To Their Rules.
allie! Pay Attention! She Has Already Quit The Church!

Once She has left the Church. The Church shouldn't mention Her name again.

Strike her name from the Forever Book and spit when she walks by and all that, I'm sure.

The church isn't bound not to talk about her, for Pete's sake. A church is just people. If she blabbed about her personal life, she has no business whining because they all blabbed about it to others.

If this is about things she told her pastor in CONFIDENCE that's a different matter. But I don't think it is. She's whining because she spilled her guts to the wrong people, and it got around. Shit, her ex probably attends the church, too. There's probably a big feud over it, and sides being taken.

They're just people, folks. You all are mighty persnickety when it comes to deciding how others should behave. I'm sure nobody here has indulged in a little malicious gossip...EVER.

Strike her name from the Forever Book and spit when she walks by and all that, I'm sure.

The church isn't bound not to talk about her, for Pete's sake. A church is just people. If she blabbed about her personal life, she has no business whining because they all blabbed about it to others.

If this is about things she told her pastor in CONFIDENCE that's a different matter. But I don't think it is. She's whining because she spilled her guts to the wrong people, and it got around. Shit, her ex probably attends the church, too. There's probably a big feud over it, and sides being taken.

They're just people, folks. You all are mighty persnickety when it comes to deciding how others should behave. I'm sure nobody here has indulged in a little malicious gossip...EVER.
It isn't that it got around, it's that the church is going to make sure it is told to the entire congregation. And sure everyone engages in gossip...but that isn't the role of a minister.

It isn't that it got around, it's that the church is going to make sure it is told to the entire congregation. And sure everyone engages in gossip...but that isn't the role of a minister.

How do you know?

Because they are publicly slandering her in the community. She should fucking sue their asses.

Well, to be slander is has to be untrue. I don't agree with the church's actions, but are they making stuff up about her or just talking about what she's done publicly. Pretty bad, in either case, but it is only slander if they are telling falsehoods.

Well, to be slander is has to be untrue. I don't agree with the church's actions, but are they making stuff up about her or just talking about what she's done publicly. Pretty bad, in either case, but it is only slander if they are telling falsehoods.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what they say, exactly.

What if they say something that might be true but they cannot prove as true?

Regardless of the outcome, it isn't very Christian of them, imo.

You're right Always A Bitch, the church isn't bound to not talk about her, however, the priest IS. And, don't you think that him using his position to talk about others (probably furthering his own agenda along the way, which I'm guessing is less than holy), is wrong, then you probably think that Bogojavitch is innocent too.

Try again you dumb whore.

By the way......are you a Baptist? Because you said earlier that divorce was against the Baptist religion, and you're divorced.

How's it feel to be a sinner with the rest of us?

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they say, exactly.

What if they say something that might be true but they cannot prove as true?

Well, that's an interesting question. Used to be, at common law, comments about a woman that painted her as promiscuous, etc. was considered slander per se. So "truth" would be a defense to that, but the person accused of slander has to then prove that it is true. If they can't do so, the defense would fail.

They're just people, folks. You all are mighty persnickety when it comes to deciding how others should behave.

I'm sure nobody here has indulged in a little malicious gossip...EVER.

OMFG, you're like the third or fourth Republican who's condoning or excusing what this church is doing.

To answer your question, I think all of us have expressed grievances or complaints privately to friends.

I can say without hesitation that I've never gotten up in a public venue, a church, or other public forum, and led a group of people into gossiping about someones sex life or piccadillos.

That fact that your comfortable with it, actually kind of freaks me out. What kind of person thinks that's okay?

Well, that's an interesting question. Used to be, at common law, comments about a woman that painted her as promiscuous, etc. was considered slander per se. So "truth" would be a defense to that, but the person accused of slander has to then prove that it is true. If they can't do so, the defense would fail.
I was thinking something along the lines of her children disowning her, since they still belong to the church.

Divorce is frowned upon in the Baptist denomination but is allowed.

The Bible allows divorce in the case of Adultry

The Bible allows divorce in many more cases than that dude. Might wanna check the Torah for that one.

And you know......if I was your spouse, I'd divorce your stupid bigoted racist ass, especially given the circumstances of the situation.

Too bad there aren't allowances made for your spouse being an idiot.

I was thinking something along the lines of her children disowning her, since they still belong to the church.

I don't know whether the church could be held liable for that. Another thing to keep in mind is that it might be harder to bring an action against a church for something that falls within the religious activities of the church, though I don't think it would be entirely precluded by any means.

Forum List

Back