Woman who miscarried charged with a crime.

I asked for the legal way to dispose of a miscarriage. There must be a section of the Ohio penal code that deals with improper disposal of fetal material in order to charge her. To my knowledge no state in the nation recognizes fetal personhood.
and the best way I can think of is to call law enforcement or proper medical experts and let them advise her,,

throwing it in a bucket in the back yard isnt even on my list of options,,

I asked for the legal way to dispose of a miscarriage. There must be a section of the Ohio penal code that deals with improper disposal of fetal material in order to charge her. To my knowledge no state in the nation recognizes fetal personhood.
If a fetus isn't a human being, to what species does it belong?

The Ohio penal code section is as follows.
Section 2927.01 | Abuse of a corpse.(A) No person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that the person knows would outrage reasonable family sensibilities.

You are trying to treat the corpse as if was not the remains of a human being. It is.

I don't know. I don't understand the whole thing. The only thing that makes sense is harassment of this woman.
or it could be as simple as she broke the law when she threw he dead child in a bucket and left it in the back yard,

but as you said,,"you dont know"

prolly best you not comment on things you dont know,,

or it could be as simple as she broke the law when she threw he dead child in a bucket and left it in the back yard,

but as you said,,"you dont know"

prolly best you not comment on things you dont know,,
You know you cannot even toss bodies of dead pets in the garbage. The corpse still has to go to a veterinarian or the county animal shelter.

To you, but not to the law. It's like charging someone with chopping down an oak tree when the step on an acorn.
then why is the law going after her?? and shes not the first women to be charged like this for dumping their dead child in the trash,,

and your oak tree comparison failed the laugh test years ago,,

Rush Limbaugh used to call such stories a “See I told you so” moment.

Brittany Watts was still hooked to an IV, sick for almost a week from a potentially fatal miscarriage, when a detective from the Warren Police Department in Ohio stepped into her hospital room. He assured her that she wasn’t in any trouble.

For more than an hour, Detective Nick Carney interviewed Watts, 33, about the details of that morning and the whereabouts of the nearly 22-week-old fetus that was declared nonviable two days earlier. As Watts described miscarrying in her bathroom, a nurse at Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital rubbed her shoulders and told her everything would be okay, Watts told The Washington Post in a series of text messages.

Two weeks later, Carney arrested Watts on charges of felony abuse of a corpse for how she handled the remains from her pregnancy. If indicted and found guilty, she faces up to a year in prison along with a fine of up to $2,500, her lawyer said.

If Republicans cared about the child half as much as they did the Fetus we would have free medical and the best funded schools in the world for the kids.

But they don’t care. Not even half as much.

The lessons learned. First. Never trust a Republican legislator. Second. Never trust a cop. Ever.

"Watts texted".... is the source of this story. ( :D )
It is so one-sided that it is comical, implying that both the Detective and the nurse were conspiring together to entrap her.

Forum List

Back