- 28% do not always keep guns locked in a secure place
- 25% only “occasionally” lock and store the bullets separate from the
gun
- 48% do not regularly make sure that guns are equipped with child
safety and trigger locks
- in 30% of hand gun owning homes, the gun was stored unlocked and
loaded at the time of the survey

Accessibility
- in 72% of unintentional deaths and injuries, suicide and suicide attempts, the firearm was stored in the residence of the victim
- 47% of high school kids and 22% of middle school kids said they could get a gun
- 6% of high school kids said they had carried a gun to school within the last 30 days

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/pdf/ca/gunsafe.pdf
Every gun owner, including the ones in this forum, will swear on a stack of Bibles that they practice gun in their home BUT "47% of high school kids and 22% of middle school kids said they could get a gun" and in "30% of hand gun owning homes, the gun was stored unlocked and loaded at the time of the survey."

notice what is missing in that statement - where they could get that gun, home or elsewhere and by what means, legally or illegally.

I wasn't aware that "practicing gun safety" automatically meant "keeping it completely out of reach of everyone else in the house". My 17-year-old can get a gun; he can also get a bow and arrows, several swords, and all the dangerous household items I listed in one of my earlier posts. Doesn't mean I don't practice "safety" with my deadly items; it means that being safe with them includes teaching my child to be a responsible adult, and knowing whether or not he's looney tunes.

On Valentine's Day, you know what I'm giving my sweet man?

Yup, that's right... I'm giving him an AK47... plus two 30-round mags... plus a 73-round drum... PLUS a sealed spam-can of 1280 Yugo FMJ.

:happy-1:

So what do you think of that? Do you think I'm gonna get some lovin' Valentine's night?

:ssex:

(Not that I have to ask, really... but it's always fun to hear what you men-folk think. :D )

-- Paravani

Well, I'm not a man, but I'd say that if you're askin' a man for lovin', you'll probably get it, no matter WHAT you gave him for Valentine's Day. This is a MAN we're talking about, after all.

Well, yeah!

He's a really easy guy to please, which is half the reason I try even harder to please him.

The other half of the reason is that he's so cute when he tries to out-do himself out of gratitude!

We're going to have one very happy Valentine's Day, I'm sure.

:thewave:

-- Paravani

On Valentine's Day, you know what I'm giving my sweet man?

Yup, that's right... I'm giving him an AK47... plus two 30-round mags... plus a 73-round drum... PLUS a sealed spam-can of 1280 Yugo FMJ.

:happy-1:

So what do you think of that? Do you think I'm gonna get some lovin' Valentine's night?

:ssex:

(Not that I have to ask, really... but it's always fun to hear what you men-folk think. :D )

-- Paravani

Well, I'm not a man, but I'd say that if you're askin' a man for lovin', you'll probably get it, no matter WHAT you gave him for Valentine's Day. This is a MAN we're talking about, after all.

Well, yeah!

He's a really easy guy to please, which is half the reason I try even harder to please him.

The other half of the reason is that he's so cute when he tries to out-do himself out of gratitude!

We're going to have one very happy Valentine's Day, I'm sure.

:thewave:

-- Paravani

Sexus, sexus, sexus. Haec semper cogita puellae!

Every gun owner, including the ones in this forum, will swear on a stack of Bibles that they practice gun in their home BUT "47% of high school kids and 22% of middle school kids said they could get a gun" and in "30% of hand gun owning homes, the gun was stored unlocked and loaded at the time of the survey."

notice what is missing in that statement - where they could get that gun, home or elsewhere and by what means, legally or illegally.

I wasn't aware that "practicing gun safety" automatically meant "keeping it completely out of reach of everyone else in the house". My 17-year-old can get a gun; he can also get a bow and arrows, several swords, and all the dangerous household items I listed in one of my earlier posts. Doesn't mean I don't practice "safety" with my deadly items; it means that being safe with them includes teaching my child to be a responsible adult, and knowing whether or not he's looney tunes.

Just wanted to add to that -- my easy-going, peaceful man was the youngest of three boys by several years. When he was about seven years old, he and his older brothers were given a handgun by their parents, who were veterans. They all had access to the handgun, and they were all taught how to use it and practice safety in its use.

Handgun safety was simply de rigueur in their home growing up. It wasn't weird, odd, fanatic, or unusual for entire families to be trained in the proper and safe use of firearms in those days. There was even a Boy Scout badge for firearms training.

-- Paravani

I grew up with a loader rifle and shotgun standing next to the back door. The only time I ever touched one was to clean it or shoot food. There is still a rifle and shotgun at the back door and something special for uninvited guests. None of my guns or my father's guns shot up a school.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

So? You teach a kid to respect guns.... Thats called parenting it is something you should learn if you want to have children.

I swear to God, I will never understand why leftists don't give a single thought to the fact that they're trusting parents to teach their children to live around and respect hot stoves - often with open gas flames! - matches, cigarette lighters, bleach and other deadly chemicals in the form of household cleaners, knives, swimming pools and bathtubs full of water . . . but for some reason, when it comes to guns, we're all suddenly incompetent and unable to be trusted. :confused:

Oh they dont trust parents to teach then these things ether....This is why they wanted cabinet door locks and more safety features on appliances.

So? You teach a kid to respect guns.... Thats called parenting it is something you should learn if you want to have children.

I swear to God, I will never understand why leftists don't give a single thought to the fact that they're trusting parents to teach their children to live around and respect hot stoves - often with open gas flames! - matches, cigarette lighters, bleach and other deadly chemicals in the form of household cleaners, knives, swimming pools and bathtubs full of water . . . but for some reason, when it comes to guns, we're all suddenly incompetent and unable to be trusted. :confused:

Oh they dont trust parents to teach then these things ether....This is why they wanted cabinet door locks and more safety features on appliances.

I thought the safety features - and warning labels - on appliances were so the leftists didn't hurt THEMSELVES.

Last edited:
You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.

Well if she had had an ar15 she would have used it,your point is meaningless.

The best gun for home protection is the one you have in your hand when you need it.

That is why I have six or so scattered around the house....all of them loaded and ready to bark.

As do I.

Well if she had had an ar15 she would have used it,your point is meaningless.

The best gun for home protection is the one you have in your hand when you need it.

That is why I have six or so scattered around the house....all of them loaded and ready to bark.

As do I.

Lets get this strait, I am sure not a single one of you have a Judgeship, and have no place to convict a person for a home invasion and/or sentence them to death within seconds.
The home invader was most likely just looking for something that he can trade for crack and/or just looking to get some SEX, the home invader does not deserve to die for that.

As do I.

Lets get this strait, I am sure not a single one of you have a Judgeship, and have no place to convict a person for a home invasion and/or sentence them to death within seconds.
The home invader was most likely just looking for something that he can trade for crack and/or just looking to get some SEX, the home invader does not deserve to die for that.

The home invader may also be there to rape and kill too.

I don't know their motivation.

However I can legally shoot to stop someone in Michigan if I feel that my life is in danger or someone else, or if they are in grave danger.

Without a gun my only option is to wait for the police to come to write their reports.

An example...

What if this woman had a gun to defend herself?

Fairburn woman shot when crooks find her hiding in closet - CBS Atlanta 46

Fairburn woman shot when crooks find her hiding in closet

FULTON COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -
A woman is recovering from gunshot wounds after burglars broke into her Fairburn-area home and found her hiding in a closet.

According to the police report, Melissa Burke told police she heard the suspects break into her Estonian Drive home just before midnight Thursday. The thieves first rang the doorbell and when no one answered, police said they went in through the back door. Burke called 911 and hid inside a closet. They found her there and shot her multiple times.

Burke's uncle can't comprehend how and why someone would hurt her.

"She was a sweet, loving, caring person who would do anything for anyone anytime, that's her," Otis Burden said.

Fulton County marshals held watch outside the home Friday morning. Burke is a longtime employee with them, doing administrative work.

"I don't know what people think these days. I just don't know," Otis Burden said.

The crime has left the neighborhood rattled.

"It's terrifying. What can I do? I'm checking my windows, checking my doors, speaking to my children and giving them precautions to take," neighbor Natarsha Robinson said.

She most likely got shot with her own gun they found in the home, the intruder did not have a gun when they entered the home, or they would have sold it for crack before using it in a crime.

As do I.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

As do I.

You might want to check the laws again. Self-defense and justifiable homicide laws say we DO "have a place" in sentencing someone to death within seconds, within certain parameters.

And yeah, he deserves to die just for coming anywhere near my children on my property, as far as I'm concerned. Fortunately for me, the laws in my state agree with me.

As do I.

Were that the case, he would have taken it and LEFT! He would not have gone through the entire house until he found where she was hiding! No, he was planning on unwinding with rape, murder, or both. My only regret is that he survived.

She most likely got shot with her own gun they found in the home, the intruder did not have a gun when they entered the home, or they would have sold it for crack before using it in a crime.

The stupid...it burns...

Dude, if brains were gold you couldn't buy penny candy.

An example...

What if this woman had a gun to defend herself?

Fairburn woman shot when crooks find her hiding in closet - CBS Atlanta 46

Fairburn woman shot when crooks find her hiding in closet

FULTON COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -
A woman is recovering from gunshot wounds after burglars broke into her Fairburn-area home and found her hiding in a closet.

According to the police report, Melissa Burke told police she heard the suspects break into her Estonian Drive home just before midnight Thursday. The thieves first rang the doorbell and when no one answered, police said they went in through the back door. Burke called 911 and hid inside a closet. They found her there and shot her multiple times.

What should be added ---> "Anti-gun liberals in the area were quoted as saying they were glad none of the burglars were injured."

Forum List

Back