Woman denied haircut, files human rights complaint

yeah well, we still can refuse service to anyone we do not wish to do business with.
We just don't have to give a reason for the denial.
Amazingly incorrect, depending upon the business of course. Do not open one that is open to the public, unless you really like your lawyer and paying for his kid's braces.

Are you sure? Obama said there is no future for those who disrespect the prophet Mohammad or the religion of Islam. You might want to check with him first. Forcing a Muslim to service homosexuals is the very definition of oppression and grounds for jihad. I think this discussion is over now. Have a nice day and be kind to all people. Not just those you like. - Jeri
The rule is simple. Business is business, keep your faith out of making a buck.

And who the hell are you to tell me what i can and can't involve my religious faith in?
I don't have to tell you, it's already been established. All rights have limitations, and the rules businesses follow are the ones we set for them.

Muslims are a PC protected class in this country.
They get whatever they want.
They are protected the same way the Christians are protected. No more, no less. You confuse the fact that they actually believe what their Holy Book says, and might kill you so people are nice, with them being protected. They have no more protection but common sense says don't insult the guy who might chop off your head. The Christians used to do that too remember but they are slightly better today, mainly because they don't actually believe a lot of what the Bible says. If they did they'd still be burning witches and not charging interest.

Muslims deny people service in the united states all the time. At airports if you have a bottle of wine or liquor in your suitcase they can deny you service. The law as it stands is any business owner / employee including cab drivers have the right to deny service to anyone they choose. They do not have to give a reason for denying service. ( to anyone )

If you are referring to Taxi Drivers I think you are, they lost that lawsuit.

Appeals Court backs MAC on Muslim taxi drivers | Star Tribune

They even wanted to refuse service to blind people with service dogs.

PaintMyHouse read some blather written by Jones, our self-anointed "expert" on constitutional and case law, and now thinks that the principle of public accommodation trumps the imperatives of the First Amendment. Truth is he’ll latch onto anything that gives him an excuse to impose his will on others.

Observe his comment in the above wherein he images that his “theology” should trump the rights of others.

As for the proposed Arizona bill: all it does is assert what is already established in case law as a means of staving off frivolous lawsuits, i.e., that all persons have the right to refuse service on moral/religious grounds, including homosexuals. The bill contains no reference to sexual orientation at all.

Leftists are such idiots, and most of them are pathological liars.
Yeah. The lefties went ballistic. And not to be outdone, even the NFL had to side with political correctness.
Unfettered access to litigation is part of the liberal religion.

Muslims are a PC protected class in this country.
They are protected the same way the Christians are protected. No more, no less. You confuse the fact that they actually believe what their Holy Book says, and might kill you so people are nice, with them being protected. They have no more protection but common sense says don't insult the guy who might chop off your head. The Christians used to do that too remember but they are slightly better today, mainly because they don't actually believe a lot of what the Bible says. If they did they'd still be burning witches and not charging interest.

Oh no they are not.
Islam is a protected class in this country.
For example.
In a California school district all students were required to participate in "Muslim week"...all students were required to come to school in traditional Islamic dress and choose a Muslim name. Failure to comply was met with school sanctions.
If this were tried for Christians, the uproar would have been deafening.
CA School District Forces 7th Graders to 'become Muslims' for Three Weeks -- Federal Lawsuit Filed
Thomas More Law Center ^ | Wed, Jun 26, 2002
Posted on 8/22/2002 8:51:47 PM by Republican_Strategist
SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -- Muslim prayers in school debated

Political correctness deems members of certain groups as well as their supporters claim to get to have it both ways.

(ANN ARBOR, MI) – According to a federal lawsuit filed in San Francisco on Monday, 7th grade Christian students across California were forced to pretend they were Muslims for three weeks, praying in the name of Allah the Compassionate the Merciful, chanting Praise to Allah, picking a Muslim name from a list to replace their own name and to stage their own Jihad via a dice game.

The Thomas More Law Center, a national, public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, representing parents and four children, filed the lawsuit against the Byron Union School District and various school officials to stop the use of the “Islam Simulation” materials in the Byron/Excelsior Public School in Byron, California.

At issue is a three-week segment of the seventh grade “World History” class using the textbook “Across the Centuries” published by Houghton Mifflin and supplemented by Islam simulation materials. Students were told that “you and your classmates will become Muslims.” To receive points toward their overall grade, students were encouraged to dress as Muslims and to use such phrases in their speech as “Allah Akbar,” which is Arabic for “God is great”. Students were required to memorize Muslim prayers, fulfill the Five Pillars of Faith and fast during lunch period to simulate fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

While portraying Islam in a positive light, “Across the Centuries” used by schools throughout the nation, ” portrays Christians as intolerant persecutors of Jews and non-Christians. Houghton Mifflin and the publishers of the Simulation materials acknowledge they were influenced by various Muslim organizations.

Richard Thompson, Chief Counsel for the Thomas More Law Center, commented, “parents with children in this course were totally caught off guard and had no idea what their children were being taught.”
Thomas More Law Center | Battle Ready to Defend America.
Said Thompson, “This is unbelievable. While public schools prohibit Christian students from reading the Bible, praying, displaying the Ten Commandments, and even mentioning the word “God”, students in California are being indoctrinated into the religion of Islam. Public schools would never tolerate teaching Christianity in this way. Just imagine the ACLU’s outcry if students were told that they had to pray the Lords Prayer, memorize the Ten Commandments, use such phrases as ‘Jesus is the Messiah,’ and fast during Lent.”

According to Thompson, “Although it is constitutional for public schools to have an instructional program about comparative religion or teach about religion and utilize religious books such as the Bible in courses about our history and culture, the Byron Union School District crossed way over the constitutional line when it coerced impressionable twelve year olds to engage in particular religious rituals and worship, simulated or not.”

I am no liberal ok? having said that...

In Canada, Muslim culture is not that of the majority or of the country, therefore if the pious man is not prepared to assimilate at all, he really should go back to his home country.

Let's hope this woman wins her case before we all have to eat halal food and pray 5 times a day!
The offensive discrimination of this particular barber is unacceptable!
You really don't have a fucking clue do you? Canada was based on the concept of the cultural mosaic. The US was based on the concept of the 'melting pot'. The fucking 'melting pot' NEVER happened in the US. The Canadian experience is much more a tradition of the country being a mosaic in which all cultures are encouraged to maintain their cultural/religious ideas. It's has worked.
Ever heard the expression: "It's a free country"? The barber shop owner is legally protected from anyone who wants to discriminate.......yes I said discriminate against his religious beliefs by demanding he goes against his religious beliefs. Ever heard of the separation between Church and State? Just as a Jewish baker doesn't have to bake a cake with the flag of Hamas on it when our barber demands he do so. You all need to use whatever limited IQ you have to understand this very simple fact.

It has worked?
I bg to differ. I have visited Montreal and Toronto many times. And I can say with a high degree of certainty that these two cities are not any less segregated culturally and racially than comparable US Cities.
That mosaic thing however, is a fact. Canada needs to allow multiculturalism because of the small population. In other words, if Canada did not have such liberal immigration policies, the population of the country would be 2/3rds of its present size.
Here in the US, we have a distinct American culture.
There are those who seek to destroy our culture through reverse intolerance ( Of American Culture) and political correctness.
It's not working. We continue to defend our culture.

The Muslim barber can either make appointments privately and not hold out himself out publicly, or the shop can offer a non-Muslim barber who can cut hair.

Public accommodation does not permit religious discrimination.

My feelings exactly! :up:

I would find a place that was legally discriminating against men for any service and demand they either accept men or allow me to continue to refuse to service women.

Ever hear of "Curves". This is a chain of fitness centers expressly for women.
I would like to see a guy try to join one of these and watch the fur fly.

Why is it that men are not allowed to go to "Curves" and exercise?

They say it is women only, are they breaking discrimination laws?

Muslims deny people service in the united states all the time. At airports if you have a bottle of wine or liquor in your suitcase they can deny you service. The law as it stands is any business owner / employee including cab drivers have the right to deny service to anyone they choose. They do not have to give a reason for denying service. ( to anyone )

If you are referring to Taxi Drivers I think you are, they lost that lawsuit.

Appeals Court backs MAC on Muslim taxi drivers | Star Tribune

They even wanted to refuse service to blind people with service dogs.

PaintMyHouse read some blather written by Jones, our self-anointed "expert" on constitutional and case law, and now thinks that the principle of public accommodation trumps the imperatives of the First Amendment. Truth is he’ll latch onto anything that gives him an excuse to impose his will on others.

Observe his comment in the above wherein he images that his “theology” should trump the rights of others.

As for the proposed Arizona bill: all it does is assert what is already established in case law as a means of staving off frivolous lawsuits, i.e., that all persons have the right to refuse service on moral/religious grounds, including homosexuals. The bill contains no reference to sexual orientation at all.

Leftists are such idiots, and most of them are pathological liars.

Dear MDR:

I didn't know CCJones claimed to be an expert. I assumed he was just another DIY Constitutionalist as I am, who talk about what the spirit of the laws mean to us vs. how laws are currently interpreted. I don't necessarily agree with precedence, and I work toward the day that consensus and consent of the governed will be the norm/standard.

If I want to check against the Constitution, I would ask Jon Roland of the Constitution Center and a Libertarian candidate on and off for office.

Thanks for your clarifications which are most helpful to stop the biased perceptions too easily spread around through this open media. On the other hand, so are the correct interpretations and information spread, so thanks for that as well.

I do value CCJones for bringing up points, right or wrong.
we seriously NEED to have these discussions, and we would have nothing to discuss if everyone already agrees. there has to be some diversity, some missing or conflicting information to correct.

So I wouldn't take personal offense or issue with CCJones, mistakes or not.
I do value the corrections, and have full faith so does CCJones.

It seems people on here are committed to getting the answers right at the end of the research and discussion, which is more important than being right all the time which no one can claim. Hopefully we will learn to get past that, and focus on facilitating the process.

I thank you MDR, CCJ, Rottweiler and all others for participating and contributing.

I value when we correct each other, and believe this brings out the best in all our potential.
I do not want to lose any relations or respect to personal attacks, and would much rather see us correct all faults to prevent that from happening.

Thank you for rising above the usual level of internet debates
and striving to establish the real truth in all these matters.

if we can do this here, that is what it takes to rebuild America on an even stronger and more sustainable foundation.
Thanks for this!

Last edited:
Muslim cab drivers have denied homosexual couples rides before who didn't have alchohol in their baggage. As I stated before, a business owner doesn't have to give a reason for denying service. It is up to them. Some will, some won't. That's America.
That is America of the soon to be past.

Oh really?
Wanna bet. Muslims are a PC protected class in this country.

The process of ending discrimination will be pro-active, of course, with a complaint by a consumer that says, "Nope, if you are offering services to the public, you will serve me."

Last edited:

I would find a place that was legally discriminating against men for any service and demand they either accept men or allow me to continue to refuse to service women.

I agree. Most guys will not want to do go there, but if they do, the franchises will be put between a rock and a hard space.

While this happened in Canada, considering how the left lied about what was going on in Arizona, it is going to happen here sooner or later..

When I was a kid Barber Shops were for men and Hair Salons were for women. When did that change?

In the 1920s.

...when women started to go to the barber to have their long locks cut into a bob. :)

Which is evil!

images

Men have tried to join curves and brought lawsuits when refused. They have lost every time. When it comes to women youhave to understand the hypocrisy of the law.

Women are to be treated as equals to men. . Yet they also need to have special laws to protect them from men while they are being trained as front line combat troops to meet the enemy in hand to hand combat.

Women reporters have to be allowed into the men's locker room but the women's locker room is off limits to men.

Women won't be stated for being in the men's public restroom but a man caught in the woman's would be.

Good women can slap a man but only bad men slap a woman.

Female police and prison guards can preform searches, including strip searches and cavity checks of male prisoners. But men may not go beyond a basic pat down with the back of their Hands on female prisoners.

I remember watching one show on prisons and when they introduced female guards into the area where the men never left the cell except to shower, the women filed complaints because it wasn't against the rules for the men to masturbate.

We, as a nation, are very confused about women. Are they to be protected or are they fully equal to men and get no special considerations?

Women are just as confused. .. The same one who will stand up and demand to be treated equally will be the one to be upset if you don't hold the door open for her or expect her to pay for her own meal

Molon Labe

Men have tried to join curves and brought lawsuits when refused. They have lost every time.

A review on Google of the above allegation is a false statement.

The feelings of an idiot, but not the natural and constitutional law, affirmed in case law, of this nation's founding.

its too early in the day for me to start arguing with morons like you.

*YAWN*

Oops. Did I say idiot? I should have said intellectual bigot, given the fact that I'm defending the indispensable principal of individual liberty universally, while you're implying that the Muslim's First Amendment rights should not be protected . . . the very thing you accuse them of doing. And make no mistake about it, most of them are just like you, but that doesn't justify your oppression.

But I’m the moron.

I note that you think of yourself as a conservative, apparently, yet you espouse the very same government-empowering, fascist think of the brain-dead political left.

Get a clue about what’s at stake.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ry-have-the-right-to-deny-32.html#post8700263

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ry-have-the-right-to-deny-33.html#post8700779

I bet she could have brought a camel in to get a trim.

Muslims should be kicked out of North America. End of story.

Muslims are staying, just like everyone else: end of story.

"I'm defending the indispensable principal of individual liberty universally" does not permit one to live if s/he were an island in the midst of the sea.

You live in the USA, and leges and courts are how we do things.

Forum List

Back