Woman denied haircut, files human rights complaint

Muslim cab drivers have denied homosexual couples rides before who didn't have alchohol in their baggage. As I stated before, a business owner doesn't have to give a reason for denying service. It is up to them. Some will, some won't. That's America.
That is America of the soon to be past.

Are you sure? Obama said there is no future for those who disrespect the prophet Mohammad or the religion of Islam. You might want to check with him first. Forcing a Muslim to service homosexuals is the very definition of oppression and grounds for jihad. I think this discussion is over now. Have a nice day and be kind to all people. Not just those you like. - Jeri

link?

I am no liberal ok? having said that...

In Canada, Muslim culture is not that of the majority or of the country, therefore if the pious man is not prepared to assimilate at all, he really should go back to his home country.
Let's hope this woman wins her case before we all have to eat halal food and pray 5 times a day!
The offensive discrimination of this particular barber is unacceptable!

Last edited:

In Canada, Muslim culture is not that of the majority or of the country, therefore if the pious man is not prepared to assimilate at all, he really should go back to his home country.

Let's hope this woman wins her case before we all have to eat halal food and pray 5 times a day!
You really don't have a fucking clue do you? Canada was based on the concept of the cultural mosaic. The US was based on the concept of the 'melting pot'. The fucking 'melting pot' NEVER happened in the US. The Canadian experience is much more a tradition of the country being a mosaic in which all cultures are encouraged to maintain their cultural/religious ideas. It's has worked.
Ever heard the expression: "It's a free country"? The barber shop owner is legally protected from anyone who wants to discriminate.......yes I said discriminate against his religious beliefs by demanding he goes against his religious beliefs. Ever heard of the separation between Church and State? Just as a Jewish baker doesn't have to bake a cake with the flag of Hamas on it when our barber demands he do so. You all need to use whatever limited IQ you have to understand this very simple fact.

The only imposition you're proposing is on individual liberty via the idiocy of collectivism. The Muslim barber is within his rights. He's not imposing anything. Assimilation is a political concern, not a religious concern, and you don't have any natural or constitutional right to demand that he cut your friggin' hair. Mind your own business and take it elsewhere. And if you can't do that or you don't grasp the necessity of that relative to the imperatives of liberty, then take your tyranny and get the hell out of America.

I have plenty of problems with Muslims. Most are collectivist fascists in political terms just like the pagan fascists among us on the left. But in this instance, the barber has done nothing wrong.

We are surrounded by idiots who cannot grasp the ramifications of their baby talk. God help us and save the Republic.

Last edited:
The Muslim barber can either make appointments privately and not hold himself out publicly, or the shop can offer a non-Muslim barber who can cut hair.

Public accommodation does not permit religious discrimination.

Last edited:
The Muslim barber can either make appointments privately and not hold out himself out publicly, or the shop can offer a non-Muslim barber who can cut hair.

My feelings exactly! :up:

While this happened in Canada, considering how the left lied about what was going on in Arizona, it is going to happen here sooner or later..

When I was a kid Barber Shops were for men and Hair Salons were for women. When did that change?

In the 1920s.

...when women started to go to the barber to have their long locks cut into a bob. :)

An interesting part of socio-political-economic changes for women during that era.

The Muslim barber can either make appointments privately and not hold himself out publicly, or the shop can offer a non-Muslim barber who can cut hair.

More pseudo-legal blather. Case law emphatically backs the Muslim. You leftist thugs are only trying to assert this nonsense in New Mexico and other states in a campaign to overturn established law. The principle of public accommodation does not and never has trumped the imperatives of the First Amendment, you lying degenerate.

The Muslim barber can either make appointments privately and not hold out himself out publicly, or the shop can offer a non-Muslim barber who can cut hair.

The feelings of an idiot, but not the natural and constitutional law, affirmed in case law, of this nation's founding.

The feelings of an idiot, but not the natural and constitutional law, affirmed in case law, of this nation's founding.

its too early in the day for me to start arguing with morons like you.

*YAWN*

Since when is a cake or a haircut a "Civil Right"?

The Courts have no right involving themselves in either, they should dismiss both cases as trivial nonesense!

More pseudo-legal blather. Case law emphatically backs the Muslim. You leftist thugs are only trying to assert this nonsense in New Mexico and other states in a campaign to overturn established law. The principle of public accommodation does not and never has trumped the imperatives of the First Amendment, you lying degenerate.

No, it doesn't, and you can't provide it.

I would find a place that was legally discriminating against men for any service and demand they either accept men or allow me to continue to refuse to service women.

A lawyer for the owners also says in their defence they've only ever trained to cut men's hair and that they'd bought a barbershop on the expectation they would only have to serve male clientele.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but aren't barbershops tailored for men only? Everytime I've been inside an old style barbershop, all the customers were men. Hairdressers and beauty salons are tailored for women.

I guess the reason why barbershops are tailored for men only has to do with the fact that unlike hair stylists, barbers are not trained in fancy hair cuts and styling. If they allow only the women who want basic haircuts, they would be discriminating against the other women. That is why the policy is usually men only.

I would find a place that was legally discriminating against men for any service and demand they either accept men or allow me to continue to refuse to service women.

Go to any Rainbow hair salon and ask for a haircut.

Or, just a thought, the woman could go to a different barber.

Forum List

Back