Woman denied haircut, files human rights complaint

The feelings of an idiot, but not the natural and constitutional law, affirmed in case law, of this nation's founding.

its too early in the day for me to start arguing with morons like you.

*YAWN*

Oops. Did I say idiot? I should have said intellectual bigot, given the fact that I'm defending the indispensable principal of individual liberty universally, while you're implying that the Muslim's First Amendment rights should not be protected . . . the very thing you accuse them of doing. And make no mistake about it, most of them are just like you, but that doesn't justify your oppression.

But I’m the moron.

I note that you think of yourself as a conservative, apparently, yet you espouse the very same government-empowering, fascist think of the brain-dead political left.

Get a clue about what’s at stake.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ry-have-the-right-to-deny-32.html#post8700263

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ry-have-the-right-to-deny-33.html#post8700779

This is Canada. There is no first amendment. Or any other Amendment.
Canada has these special laws regarding the disparaging of racial, cultural and religious minorities.
Essentially a person in Canada can be incarcerated for merely saying or writing a disparaging or even a mildly offensive word or passage.
Canadian federal law has created unassailable never to be questioned or criticized Protected Classes with the stroke of the PM's pen.
That's horseshit.
Note the operative "special"...
These people are now "more equal"....
Something I would imagine those fruit cakes in DC are just drooling to enact here.

its too early in the day for me to start arguing with morons like you.

*YAWN*

Oops. Did I say idiot? I should have said intellectual bigot, given the fact that I'm defending the indispensable principal of individual liberty universally, while you're implying that the Muslim's First Amendment rights should not be protected . . . the very thing you accuse them of doing. And make no mistake about it, most of them are just like you, but that doesn't justify your oppression.

But I’m the moron.

I note that you think of yourself as a conservative, apparently, yet you espouse the very same government-empowering, fascist think of the brain-dead political left.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ry-have-the-right-to-deny-32.html#post8700263

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ry-have-the-right-to-deny-33.html#post8700779

Canada has these special laws regarding the disparaging of racial, cultural and religious minorities.
Essentially a person in Canada can be incarcerated for merely saying or writing a disparaging or even a mildly offensive word or passage.
Canadian federal law has created unassailable never to be questioned or criticized Protected Classes with the stroke of the PM's pen.
That's horseshit.
Something I would imagine those fruit cakes in DC are just drooling to enact here.

Move to the US, then.

Isn't there a name for this...?

Every syndrome has a name these days. Surely there is a name for people that have a fixation for actively feeling justified going out and looking for trouble. I won't mention names or news items of the recent past, for brevities sake.

One side of me says, I understand perfectly that he doesn't have to cut a woman's hair in his shop for men, for religious reasons and many others, including the argument that women have their own salons.

Another part of me is that if you take a job in the public you can not refuse service based on this or that preference.

Then, there is my natural instinctive core...that has kept me healthy and alive for quite some time. I don't want my hair cut by some one that doesn't want to do it. I like my hair, and have given up the high and tights of many years for a longer look. I also don't go into restaurants where I don't think they like me as an American being there, especially when I can't see the kitchen staff at work. I could go on, but, why give your business to someone that you don't agree with or even like?

There's that question again. Why would you? I think a lot of people out there, kind of like Americans and B-movies about monsters and spacemen of the 1950's, need a distraction from whatever else is going on in their life, or are suffering from a more nebulous version of a modern day Don Quixote syndrome.

Just an observation.

Last edited:
That is America of the soon to be past.

Oh really?
Wanna bet. Muslims are a PC protected class in this country.
They get whatever they want.

The process of ending discrimination will be pro-active, of course, with a complaint by a consumer that says, "Nope, if you are offering services to the public, you will serve me."

Yup.

However...I not think there is anything wrong with business' that specialize in services for just women or just men. They are different and their needs are different.

Oh really?

The process of ending discrimination will be pro-active, of course, with a complaint by a consumer that says, "Nope, if you are offering services to the public, you will serve me."

Yup.

However...I not think there is anything wrong with business' that specialize in services for just women or just men. They are different and their needs are different.

Yes, I understand that. And it seems to work OK to this point.

They won't cut off a woman's hair, but they will cut off a woman's head

But I’m the moron.

That's horseshit.

Move to the US, then.

Reword first sentence to clarify.
The incident took place in Canada.
I disagree with Canada's "you can't say that" laws.

That is America of the soon to be past.

Oh really?

"Nope, if you are offering services to the public, you will serve me."
Any business owner has the right to refuse service to anyone they see fit without cause.
In other words, no one can be compelled, forced or threatened into conducting business with anyone.
For example. If a person walks into my shop and has an attitude, I will ask them to leave.
I do not have to give them a reason.
It's my store and I am the law in my store.

A lawyer for the owners also says in their defence they've only ever trained to cut men's hair and that they'd bought a barbershop on the expectation they would only have to serve male clientele.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but aren't barbershops tailored for men only? Everytime I've been inside an old style barbershop, all the customers were men. Hairdressers and beauty salons are tailored for women.

I guess the reason why barbershops are tailored for men only has to do with the fact that unlike hair stylists, barbers are not trained in fancy hair cuts and styling. If they allow only the women who want basic haircuts, they would be discriminating against the other women. That is why the policy is usually men only.

I've never seen a woman getting her hair cut in a barber shop in my entire life. I don't know why one would, honestly. Even women who go with really short haircuts typically have some sort of style to it. Most guys who go into a barber shop are getting a very simple trim or shave. There's not much to it.

Interestingly, the gym I go to has a private work out room for ladies only. I'm guessing this is for women who are more comfortable not working out around the men, but would this practice not be discriminatory as well? I never see any guys complaining about not being able to use that part of the gym. It only seems to be an issue with women who have a problem with gender specific services and only when they are the ones not being served by it.

I've often wondered why any self respecting woman would have an interest in joining or demanding entry into a club or organization reserved exclusively for men.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but aren't barbershops tailored for men only? Everytime I've been inside an old style barbershop, all the customers were men. Hairdressers and beauty salons are tailored for women.

I guess the reason why barbershops are tailored for men only has to do with the fact that unlike hair stylists, barbers are not trained in fancy hair cuts and styling. If they allow only the women who want basic haircuts, they would be discriminating against the other women. That is why the policy is usually men only.

I've never seen a woman getting her hair cut in a barber shop in my entire life. I don't know why one would, honestly. Even women who go with really short haircuts typically have some sort of style to it. Most guys who go into a barber shop are getting a very simple trim or shave. There's not much to it.

Interestingly, the gym I go to has a private work out room for ladies only. I'm guessing this is for women who are more comfortable not working out around the men, but would this practice not be discriminatory as well? I never see any guys complaining about not being able to use that part of the gym. It only seems to be an issue with women who have a problem with gender specific services and only when they are the ones not being served by it.

I've often wondered why any self respecting woman would have an interest in joining or demanding entry into a club or organization reserved exclusively for men.

She be from the island of Lesbos.

Oh really?

Any business owner has the right to refuse service to anyone they see fit without cause.
In other words, no one can be compelled, forced or threatened into conducting business with anyone.
For example. If a person walks into my shop and has an attitude, I will ask them to leave.

Any business owner has the right to refuse service unless he is refusing service to a protected class of individual because he is of that class.

You can't refuse service to a black because he is black.

You can't refuse service to a woman because she's a woman.

You can't refuse service to a Christian because he is a Christian.

You are the law in your store within the confines of the law of We the People.

She be from the island of Lesbos.

There is one angle.
In some instances all male clubs and organizations were places where business was discussed and at times transactions were completed. Also, issues of personnel such as hiring, promotions, etc. Women's groups often complained this was unfair. That if women were denied access to these exclusive clubs they were then being shut out of important business discussions.
Highly speculative of course.
I had always thought that is was simple human nature.
"I am denied, therefore I want"....
The interesting part of this is men rarely if ever felt any inkling of being excluded from women only organizations or clubs. To my knowledge, no man ever clamored to join or sued to get into the Ladies Auxiliary or the local Junior League.
The Daughters of the Confederacy is a highly exclusive club. In fact women only Universities guard their single gender status ferociously. No men allowed. Ever.
I think this Canadian woman was just a troublemaker. Sent there by operatives trying to make a stink.
On that note, this thread has reached its expiration date. No need for the smell test. Just throw it away.

Any business owner has the right to refuse service unless he is refusing service to a protected class of individual because he is of that class.

That isn't what you said before.

You are running your mouth again, mate, so back up.

I can refuse service to someone who does not wear shoes in my pharmacy.

I cannot refuse service simply if he is black.

Let me get this straight, you will refuse to serve a white man that is barefoot, but you won't refuse to serve a black man even if he is barefoot. Isn't that racist?

Let me get this straight, you will refuse to serve a white man that is barefoot, but you won't refuse to serve a black man even if he is barefoot. Isn't that racist?

You are dense, but even by your standards you are intensely so here.

Let me get this straight: I can deny anyone (white, black, or you) service in my pharmacy if you aren't wearing shoes.

But I can't deny you service on 14th protections. Not wearing shoes is not a 14th concern.

But racists or sexists or religionists or ethnocentrists hate public accommodation laws.

Tuff that, huh?

Last edited:

You are dense, but even by your standards you are intensely so here.

Let me get this straight: I can deny anyone (white, black, or you) service in my pharmacy if you aren't wearing shoes.

But I can't deny you service on 14th protections. Not wearing shoes is not a 14th concern.

But racists or sexists or religionists or ethnocentrists hate public accommodation laws.

Tuff that, huh?

Funny how you are always wrong, isn't it?

Forum List

Back