Woman at Town Hall tells Romney Obama should be tried for "treason".

I don't know...John McCain managed to address a crazy at one of his town halls. He bungled the delivery a bit (kind of implying that Muslims can't be good family men), but he did stick up for Candidate Obama. I don't expect that kind of honor from Romney though...

You wouldn't recognize 'honor' if it came with a label.

Seawitch spent 20+ years in the Navy. I don't think her honor is in question here.

Okay, not as cool as the Army, mind you.

Coast Guard my good man...(way cooler than both ;) )

I rarely cut Romney any slack, but really, this sort of thing happens to politicians all the time, they get someone who says something ridiculous and their programming tells them to get back on message rather than dressing the person down.

So, no, I don't slap Romney for this one.

It does happen quite a bit. The thing is what the candidate does to show leadership. Last election some right winger said that Obama was a Muslim at a McCain event, and he calmly corrected her. Romney has no backbone.

As much as it PAINS me to actually kind of take Romney's side... I think this shows more his lack of political skills.

McCain had about a dozen elections under his belt at that point, and knew when he was being led into a blind ally, and deftly deflected it.

Romney. Well, the guy is just awkward around people who aren't millionaires. I think it's more that he really didn't know what to say. Heck, i've had times when people have said things so outrageous around me I've been stunned.

Seawitch spent 20+ years in the Navy. I don't think her honor is in question here.

Coast Guard my good man...(way cooler than both ;) )

Apologies...

But the Army is still Cooler!

armylogovector_gold.gif

Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet!

That is about as ridiculous as calling Republicans in Congress who oppose Obama traitors.

The ones who said they will do everything they can to sink the president? Or all of them?

You have to admit, their agenda has really hurt the country.

You refer to political opposition as treason, which demonstrates that you are anti-democratic and intolerant.

In a political democracy political parties are supposed to oppose each other. Political difference is not treason.

Political opposition is normally based on different perspectives concerning the well being of the country. Meeting in secret to plan the downfall of the president before even hearing about a single policy, even going so far as to undermine democracy with voter suppression is "treason". There is no way around it. No way to pretty it up. Working to undermine a president who hasn't served a single day in office, no matter how it harms the country, and using "voter suppression" as a tool is against everything this country is about. Sorry that Republicans are so far gone with their racists beliefs they can't even see the truth.. It's very dangerous to this country they are so blinded by Obama's skin color.

I don't know...John McCain managed to address a crazy at one of his town halls. He bungled the delivery a bit (kind of implying that Muslims can't be good family men), but he did stick up for Candidate Obama. I don't expect that kind of honor from Romney though...

Really, CA? Seawytch served this country. Honorably too. You want to give her lectures on recognizing "honor" now? Show us an example of YOUR honor. More than lip service, if you please.

Odds that she responds to this post.......1% and that's being generous.

CA is damned good at making statements she can't back up and then never returning again. She is this boards version of a hit and run.

The ones who said they will do everything they can to sink the president? Or all of them?

You have to admit, their agenda has really hurt the country.

You refer to political opposition as treason, which demonstrates that you are anti-democratic and intolerant.

In a political democracy political parties are supposed to oppose each other. Political difference is not treason.

Political opposition is normally based on different perspectives concerning the well being of the country. Meeting in secret to plan the downfall of the president before even hearing about a single policy, even going so far as to undermine democracy with voter suppression is "treason". There is no way around it. No way to pretty it up. Working to undermine a president who hasn't served a single day in office, no matter how it harms the country, and using "voter suppression" as a tool is against everything this country is about. Sorry that Republicans are so far gone with their racists beliefs they can't even see the truth.. It's very dangerous to this country they are so blinded by Obama's skin color.

well all you need now is SOME HARD proof and you all can charge them with treason.,or are we suppose to believe you?
sheeesh

Last edited:

Army vet, are you? How many years?

Army? Really? Whose? Obama's?

McCain properly handling a nut at his town hall...

McCain Counters Obama 'Arab' Question - YouTube

wtf? these Politicians are NOT put in Government to, properly handle the people who elected them..
If that's the case then why aren't the Democrat party coming out and condemning the OWS like they did the Tea Party?

And yet McCain was able to address an outburst with some measure of dignity (although he bungled the delivery by implying that Muslims couldn't be good family men). Romney, once again, showed he has no leadership skills and no core principles of any kind.

wtf? these Politicians are NOT put in Government to, properly handle the people who elected them..
If that's the case then why aren't the Democrat party coming out and condemning the OWS like they did the Tea Party?

And yet McCain was able to address an outburst with some measure of dignity (although he bungled the delivery by implying that Muslims couldn't be good family men). Romney, once again, showed he has no leadership skills and no core principles of any kind.

Yeah McCain did so well talking down to people, HE LOST the election for the Republicans..

The thing is, OWS is not dictating to Obama what policy should be. A lot of them are pretty disappointed that Obma hasn't gone far enough on a lot of things. They'll probably still support him, because the alternative is worse.

Romney, on the other hand, seems unable to really control the Faustian Pact he has made with the extremists. Whether it's being unable to stand up to the religous right on Richard Grenell to being unable to pivot to a more sensible position on immigration, he's kind of stuck with the nutbags.

Now, in this case, I think it was just he was unable to react to this woman's crazy talk because it wasn't covered in his programming...

Yeah McCain did so well talking down to people, HE LOST the election for the Republicans..

Probalby had a lot more to do with just what a bad hand Bush dealt him.

Romney will lose by a bigger margin than McCain did.

Forum List

Back